Coach AV returns next year? Yes or No

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Coach AV goes or stays?

Coach AV comes back next year
45%
Adios AV (good luck with the Habs)
55%

Total votes: 62

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Coach AV returns next year? Yes or No

Post by Strangelove »

$lacker wrote:Seems AV has already ruffled some feathers...

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html

This is another thing that bothers me about AV... I agree with Kesler's agent, stick to coaching, let the doctors worry about injuries. This goes back to the Cody Hodgson issue, just keep your mouth shut.
Agreed, AV should keep his fat yap shut.

Iain MacIntyre@imacVanSun
Vigneault on goaltending: "What happened in the playoffs might be an indication of what happens moving forward."

Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff
#Canucks AV: 'shoulder injury not reason for Kesler's diminshed production. His performance slipped and we've got to get on that'

@News1130sports: Kurt Overhardt - agent for #Canucks forward Ryan Kesler not impressed with coach Alain Vigneault's comments about Kesler's shoulder injury.
@News1130sports: Kesler was unavailable for comment but sources say he wasn't impressed with Vigneault's comments.
@News1130sports: Overhardt says Vigneault should leave medical issues to the doctors and coaches should stick to coaching.

@Ryan_Kesler
I've learned that two people can look at the same thing and see something totally different

Sounds like AV is pushing two of the Canucks top players right out the door.

And showing Gillis' cards to the other players at the same time.

I'm usually pretty good with wotever, but I hafta say I feel like keeping AV is the biggest mistake in a long while.

AV's comments prove he's gone goofy on us.

Too bad Gillis doesn't have the balls to fire him....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

The extension brings him to the 14-15 season. Interesting the Sedins are here until the end of the 13-14 season and in fact by the time AV reaches the end of his term ( which I don't think he will, he'll be let go with 1 year left, golden handshake ) the roster will sure look a lot different to the current roster. It's my understanding that Kesler was one of a number of players that asked for AV to come back
cheers
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

All these comments from AV were translated from French right?

Things may be taken out of context here and something lost in the translation.
Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff
#Canucks AV: 'shoulder injury not reason for Kesler's diminished production. His performance slipped and we've got to get on that'
He did say "we've got to get on that", implying a team solution. Not "he's got to get on that".

I don't think his should injury was the sole reason for his diminished production. He was also recovering from the hip surgery, his linemates were rotating and never really developed much chemistry with him. AV is likely implying that there are a few reasons for the lack of production and they hope to take care of these issues.

On AV talking about Luo - should have likely not said anything at all but I have a feeling a deal is done!
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Aaronp18 wrote: He did say "we've got to get on that", implying a team solution. Not "he's got to get on that".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0zvGVYva8M
spooner
CC Veteran

Post by spooner »

Lu's take on Dr. AV's comments:
Athlete injuries should only be diagnosed by trained professional doctors and/or..............Mark Recchi!
https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/2 ... 1284537344
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote: I don't think his should injury was the sole reason for his diminished production. He was also recovering from the hip surgery, his linemates were rotating and never really developed much chemistry with him. AV is likely implying that there are a few reasons for the lack of production and they hope to take care of these issues.
I dunno Aaron, one would think AV would be more careful about even seeming to rip Kess in the press after:
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...ults-critique/

“I think he has to use the players around him a little bit more so that he can get into open space and create the type of offensive chances and be the type of defensive player that he can be,” Vigneault said of Kesler, who failed to register a shot on goal in more than 19 minutes of ice time against the Ducks.

Kesler was not aware of those comments until Monday and bristled when they were put to him by reporters following the team’s practice at Rogers Arena.

“Me utilize my players?” Kesler said, before adding: “Obviously, I don’t know what he means by that and if he wants to say that he can come to me and talk to me about it.

“I am going to play my game, the things that have made me successful. I know what that is and if he wants to come talk to me he is more than welcome.”

It really seems like AV prefers ripping players in the media rather than talk to them personally.

Here's Kesler's agent's most recent message:

“I am not a doctor, I'm a lawyer, but after having conversations with the player and with the club, anyone who thinks this injury did not affect his play must have fallen off a turnip truck."

Now I can't stop pictuing AV as a giant turnip with arms and legs AND A BIG MOUTH!
Aaronp18 wrote: On AV talking about Luo - should have likely not said anything at all but I have a feeling a deal is done!
That thought has crossed my mind...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote: I dunno Aaron, one would think AV would be more careful about even seeming to rip Kess in the press after:
Even that "ripping" wasn't exactly that from my perspective.

Usually when I hear the comments in context it makes all the difference in the world - see Keyser's Seinfeld vid.

What I see is snippets of an interview with the Montreal media being interpreted by the Vancouver media. :roll:

I'm sure there's some poetic license occurring to increase the drama of the story.
Last edited by Aaronp18 on Thu May 24, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Wow, AV sure is high on himself. That prick can't keep his yap shut. Cost the Canucks Hodgson... Image

The players should start publically questioning the coach’s decisions. Power play or lack there of!

AV is an asshole!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

KeyserSoze wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote: He did say "we've got to get on that", implying a team solution. Not "he's got to get on that".
By "we" AV clearly meant himself and...... SATAN! :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Jeez guys, put the pitchforks away..
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
By "we" AV clearly meant himself and...... SATAN! :twisted:
The Devils!!!!!
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

dbr wrote:Jeez guys, put the pitchforks away..

First he "skips-out" of town ducking the season ending press conference (wth was that all about?). Then after re-upping his contract he brings a fuckin flame-thrower to torch his players through the media. Don't know if this word is permitted at the Corner but... Vigneault is a cunt! (mod edit: swearing's allowed, just don't call another poster a cunt)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I thought the stress of it all had pushed you away from the subject?

:P
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Are AV and GMMG playing good cop/bad cop?

Are they lighting a fire under some butts as a way of shaking up the warm and cozy feeling in the dressing room?

Are they upping the value of Schneider by saying Lou is the one that wants to move?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

donlever wrote:I thought the stress of it all had pushed you away from the subject?

:P
:mrgreen:

"Every time I try to get out, they keep pullin' me back IN!!"