Game 4 playoff elimination - Luongo or Schneider?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Game 4 playoff elimination - Luongo or Schneider?

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
If at the end of the day they have to trade Cory, for whatever reasons, I still think we have a pretty good fall back guy in Luongo.

Not too sure about that. If they win, Schneider runs with the ball.... if they lose the season is done. Either way I believe Luongo is done in Vancouver. He wants to go east..... preferably southeast and this is a good reason for all concerned.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Fred » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
If at the end of the day they have to trade Cory, for whatever reasons, I still think we have a pretty good fall back guy in Luongo.

Not too sure about that. If they win, Schneider runs with the ball.... if they lose the season is done. Either way I believe Luongo is done in Vancouver. He wants to go east..... preferably southeast and this is a good reason for all concerned.

That's pretty much the way it is if they loose tonight we have seen Luongo's last game IMO
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Postby Corb » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:59 pm

:roll:

Right. I was thinking Laforge not McCammon. I remember some quasi militaristic stuff. :lol:

We've come a long way, win or lose. :blush:
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby clem » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:03 pm

The only things I can remember about LaForge are: nut case, gauntlet, Rota, Kamloops Blazers.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby donlever » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 pm

I'd go with Schneider. :thumbs:
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Arachnid » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:09 pm

donlever wrote:I'd go with Schneider. :thumbs:

Shouldn't you be in bed....runner.... 8-)
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Farhan Lalji » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:11 am

Lever,

FYI - Ive' had a change of heart. Regardless of what happens in this post-season and regardless of whether Schneider would fetch us more in a trade, I think the Canucks should keep Ginger and move Bobby Lou.
Farhan Lalji

Postby dhabums » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:13 am

Farhan Lalji wrote:

Lever,

FYI - Ive' had a change of heart. Regardless of what happens in this post-season and regardless of whether Schneider would fetch us more in a trade, I think the Canucks should keep Ginger and move Bobby Lou.

I can't wait till your next thread when you change your mind again, Mr Romney.

Trade them BOTH, load up, go with Lack and and sign a good 30 game back up.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Farhan Lalji » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:17 am

dhabums wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:

Lever,

I can't wait till your next thread when you change your mind again, Mr Romney.

Trade them BOTH, load up, go with Lack and and sign a good 30 game back up.

I'd argue against you..........but I'm actually inclined to agree with you that I'd consider changing my mind.

So - what does the "great" TheBUMS think? What is TheBums opinion on this controverisal issue? Do we keep Schneider in the off-season and move Bobby Lou? (even if we get less in return), or do we trade Corey Schneider?.......who's value might be pretty darn high?
Farhan Lalji

Postby Cornuck » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:20 am

Hey great! Another trade thread. :?
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Cookie La Rue » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:02 am

Imo it's pretty clear right now, they must have to go with Schneids now until he starts stinkin'.
Luongo wasn't bad but Schneids has the magic touch right now. Would be a fatal mistake to not let him start the next games and there's really no logical explanation why Luongo should start the next game.

It's not about the future, it's here and now: game 5....Go Canucks Go :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Postby ODB » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:32 am

I don't know, after winning last night Schneider's value is through the roof... :mrgreen:

I still would have gone with Luongo. There's no way to say what would have happened with Lou in net!!!

Moving ahead, you ride Schneider untill the end of the series. If Schneider wins 4 in a row he starts the second round. At some point you try to get Lou in after a loss in round two but even then it depends on how Schneider loses.

It's happened before, the back up gets the nod and takes his team to a cup.

Go Schneider!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Farhan Lalji » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:55 am

Regardless of what happens in this series, I hope the Canucks (as individuals and as a team) have learned their lesson.

You NEVER EVER "coast" during the regular season........regardless of how fucking talented you are and REGARDLESS of whether you are in the top 3 in the standings.

As has been proven, there is no "on switch." If you're a #1/2 seed that has coasted for most of the season and you run into a #7/#8 seed that has been clawing, scratching, and working their butts off, you will be in for a god damn war.......and you'd better be prepared. If we want to model ourselves after the Redwings, then we should learn from their mistakes as well. In 2002, the Wings went 2-0 against........us.........before waking up (thanks to the Lidstrom/Cloutier goal). In 05/06, the powerful Redwings were defeated by the Oilers in the very first round (#1 vs. #8 match up).

There is no point fantasizing or creaming your pants over a potential rematch with Boston and/or trip to the Stanley Cup when you have 7 other talented teams waiting to kick your ass. Lesson learned boys?
Farhan Lalji

Postby Jovocop » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:20 am

Farhan Lalji wrote:Regardless of what happens in this series, I hope the Canucks (as individuals and as a team) have learned their lesson.

You NEVER EVER "coast" during the regular season........regardless of how fucking talented you are and REGARDLESS of whether you are in the top 3 in the standings.

As has been proven, there is no "on switch." If you're a #1/2 seed that has coasted for most of the season and you run into a #7/#8 seed that has been clawing, scratching, and working their butts off, you will be in for a god damn war.......and you'd better be prepared. If we want to model ourselves after the Redwings, then we should learn from their mistakes as well. In 2002, the Wings went 2-0 against........us.........before waking up (thanks to the Lidstrom/Cloutier goal). In 05/06, the powerful Redwings were defeated by the Oilers in the very first round (#1 vs. #8 match up).

There is no point fantasizing or creaming your pants over a potential rematch with Boston and/or trip to the Stanley Cup when you have 7 other talented teams waiting to kick your ass. Lesson learned boys?

I don't think coasting was really the problem. If you look at the game last night, the power play was completely different with Daniel in the lineup. I don't think our defense was running at its capacity but Schneider was. Our special teams and the goalie won the game last night.

Raymond is simply a boat anchor. Whatever line he is on, that line sucks. The second line could not do much with Raymond. Once, AV put Lapierre on that line, it started clicking.

Raymond tries too hard to be someone that he is not. He should use his strength "speed" to drive to the net not his weakness "strength" to outmuscle the opponents.
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Farhan Lalji » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:29 am

Jovocop wrote:I don't think coasting was really the problem. If you look at the game last night, the power play was completely different with Daniel in the lineup. I don't think our defense was running at its capacity but Schneider was. Our special teams and the goalie won the game last night.

Raymond is simply a boat anchor. Whatever line he is on, that line sucks. The second line could not do much with Raymond. Once, AV put Lapierre on that line, it started clicking.

Raymond tries too hard to be someone that he is not. He should use his strength "speed" to drive to the net not his weakness "strength" to outmuscle the opponents.

As far as the playoffs go, I agree. With the exception of Game 1, the Canucks deserved to win all of the other games (maybe not last night ironically enough, but definitely games 2 and 3). This series should be either 2-2 or 3-1 in our favor.

My biggest complaint with the Canucks was how they performed for the most part between January 8th to the end of the regular season. Sure - we ended up with 111 points, but can we honestly say that we went 'balls out' on a mass majority of those games? When you don't do it for so long, you lose practice........and I also believe that this was one reason why we didn't fare better against LA in those first 3 games.

Anyway - lesson learned hopefully.

I still would like to see Kesler play a few shifts with the twins.
Farhan Lalji

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat