How many times will Kesler dive in game 4?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How many times will Kess look like he just got shot?

20%
28%
20%
4%
4%
No votes
4%
No votes
No votes
20%

Total votes: 25

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

How many times will Kesler dive in game 4?

Post by ODB »

It’s becoming pretty damn embarrassing.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: How many times will Kesler dive in game 4?

Post by 2Fingers »

2 with one at least a half twirl and stick flying off into the crowd.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

LMAO
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So me and one other person voted for 10.

I really hope Kesler gets dealt this summer. I've had enough of the grating attitude and the embellishment.

One would think his worth might somewhere along the lines of what Carter and Richards fetched last summer.

Kesler reminds me a little of Mark Texierra and A-Rod , getting fat on the weaklings.

Trade both the divas, Kesler and Luongo.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

ODB wrote:It’s becoming pretty damn embarrassing.
I voted twice.

On that note, I also greatly look forward to seeing Kesler spray Quick. This ofcourse, is after he blazes in through LA's defensive zone after ignoring his open teammates, and unloads with an ineffective wrist shot that is stopped by the goalie.
Last edited by Farhan Lalji on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Look, if AV didn't want him to do it, it wouldn't happen. He'd be sitting on the bench

The problem is the bulls**t calls by the refs. If they would start calling all the high-sticks & cross checks (especially after the whistle) then there would be no need for Vancouver to embellish anything just to get the call that should have been made in the first place.

Vancouver is halfway screwed because they built their team for speed & skill, after the NHL supposedly ended the "dead puck" era, but now a team like the Canucks that relies on the PP finds that all sorts of stickwork & obstruction aren't getting called.

Have the NHL give a clear set of rules and stick to them and this won't be a problem.

I assume that you mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZ7RjJRRM0
He got cross-checked after the whistle. He shoudn't NEED to fall over, cross-check someone and it should be an automatic penalty.
Blob Mckenzie wrote:So me and one other person voted for 10.
I really hope Kesler gets dealt this summer. I've had enough of the grating attitude and the embellishment.
One would think his worth might somewhere along the lines of what Carter and Richards fetched last summer.
old calamari
CC Veteran

Post by old calamari »

Its fukin bad and of corse CBC plays his dives over and over again. LA can dive with the best of them but get no air time. Hrudy and Stock are orgasming over this. I agree Kesler has to go he has damaged the image of this team for at least 5 years. IF Schneider plays tommorow they have basicly told Luongo bye bye.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Trade both the divas, Kesler and Luongo.
I am open to trading Kesler........although I'm also interested to see how Kesler and Raymond would perform after a full summer of training. Lets not forget about the fact that both Kesler and Raymond had significantly shortened training during the off-season.

A few years ago, Bieksa was in the same boat (i.e. playing like a piece of poo during the year due to his hampered training period in the summer). People were clamoring for a Bieksa trade at the time......but we all saw how he performed last year.

As far as Luongo goes, I think the Canucks might be better off trading Schneider unfortunately.

As much as I'd love to say Schneider stay on board, the truth of the matter is that Luongo is still 90% as good as Schneider...........but only has 20% of his trade value.

Luongo might not be the best goalie in the league, but he's not the worst either.......and he's substantially above average. The Canucks can get someone pretty damn good for Schneider if they package him right......and seeing as how the Canucks' window is now, the return on a Schneider deal might be able to push them over the top.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I used to be a big Ryan Kesler fan, but something has happened this season to change my perspective.

The list of things I don't like about him is growing:
- His total refusal to properly use his teammates is infuriating. How many times per game does he skate into the zone, and immediately take an ineffective shot that is easily stopped by the goaltender. He kills momentum and aborts most offensive forays with the same weak attempts on goal.
- The long wrist shots into defender's shin pads drive me nuts.
- The smug, my shit don't stink look on his face all of the time, even during interviews.
- The diving, oh the diving.
- The constant whining to officials.
- Yapping at other players and never backing it up with his fists or any physicality for that matter.
- When is the last time Kesler scored a meaningful goal?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

herb wrote:I used to be a big Ryan Kesler fan, but something has happened this season to change my perspective.

The list of things I don't like about him is growing:
- His total refusal to properly use his teammates is infuriating. How many times per game does he skate into the zone, and immediately take an ineffective shot that is easily stopped by the goaltender. He kills momentum and aborts most offensive forays with the same weak attempts on goal.
- The long wrist shots into defender's shin pads drive me nuts.
- The smug, my shit don't stink look on his face all of the time, even during interviews.
- The diving, oh the diving.
- The constant whining to officials.
- Yapping at other players and never backing it up with his fists or any physicality for that matter.
- When is the last time Kesler scored a meaningful goal?
He's coasted on his Nashville series all season long.

I don't think Gillis has the balls to trade him. But you'd find a list of takers. I do enjoy the Getzlaf idea. But what about Ryan Kesler for Jamie Benn?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Before we completely throw the guy under the bus, we should remember that he had hip surgery last summer. This combined with the short summer could be partly to blame for his "less than Nashville" performance.

As for his other actions, he's on his own there. But I would give him a full summer to get ready for next season to see where he's really at.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Cornuck wrote:Before we completely throw the guy under the bus, we should remember that he had hip surgery last summer. This combined with the short summer could be partly to blame for his "less than Nashville" performance.

As for his other actions, he's on his own there. But I would give him a full summer to get ready for next season to see where he's really at.
Great point and I completely agree.

Having said that - I don't know if Columbus would be up for this, but I wouldn't mind packaging Kesler and Schneider in the off-season for Rick Nash.

This of course, is assuming that the Canucks are not successful in advancing past the Kings.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Don't want a whole summer. Want him to beastit Nashvillian style till after the parade..... :mrgreen:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
I assume that you mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZ7RjJRRM0
He got cross-checked after the whistle. He shoudn't NEED to fall over, cross-check someone and it should be an automatic penalty.
Not sure why you think I zeroed in on that particular play. He has dove or snapped his head back hundreds of times over the last 4 seasons. He used to be an honest player but now he's more of a bitch.

To blame it all on the officials is laughable. It's a fucking embarassment and the Canucks are by the worst culprits in the NHL.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

rats19 wrote:Don't want a whole summer. Want him to beastit Nashvillian style till after the parade..... :mrgreen:
Not stated, but implied. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."