How long does this series go?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How many games does this series last?

Kings sweep
8
22%
Kings in 5
3
8%
Kings in 6
6
16%
Kings in 7
0
No votes
Canucks in 7
20
54%
 
Total votes : 37

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby Cornuck » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:04 am

Farhan Lalji wrote:Personally - I think LA will take it in 4,5, or 6 but lets hope I'm wrong.

If it goes to a Game 7, I think the Canucks will win.


So you think that the series will 4,5,6 or 7 games? Bold prediction! :D
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4850
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby mathonwy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:06 am

Cornuck wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:Personally - I think LA will take it in 4,5, or 6 but lets hope I'm wrong.

If it goes to a Game 7, I think the Canucks will win.


So you think that the series will 4,5,6 or 7 games? Bold prediction! :D

That's Farhan. Always pushing the envelope.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby herb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:08 am

Some of the most memorable moments in Canucks playoff history have been huge comebacks against all odds.

In 1992, the Canucks fell behind 3 games to 1 against the Winnipeg Jets in relatively close games. Vancouver went on to win the series in 7 games, outscoring the Jets 21-5 in the final three games.

In 1994, the Canucks were down 3-1 to the hated Flames yet managed to come back and win the series. We all remember "the save".

In 2003, the Canucks were down 3-1 against the St Louis Blues, but managed to overcome that deficit and win the last three games, two of which were at home.

The 2003 playoffs had one of Vancouver's more memorable playoff collapses. The Canucks scratched and clawed their way to a 3-1 series lead. The first four games all had the slimmest margin possible as they were decided by only one goal. Bertuzzi's famous "guarantee" was made, and the Wild went on to embarrass the Canucks 7-2 and 5-1 in games 5 and 6. Minnesota ended up taking the series in 7.

In 2011, the Canucks were up 3-0 against the rival Blackhawks, and only managed to squeek by Chicago in overtime of game 7 after embarrassing losses in games 4 and 5 and a heartbreaking loss in game 7.

In 2012, the Canucks are down 3-0 to the LA Kings, and....wouldn't we all love to see a comeback? Comebacks have happened before and they will happen again. 3-0 is a hell of a deficit and the odds are stacked against the Canucks. We'll see what our guys are made of.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2145
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby Cookie La Rue » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:19 am

Cornuck wrote:So you think that the series will 4,5,6 or 7 games? Bold prediction! :D

:lol: Best prediction ever, so let's go for another most memorable moment :mex: in Canucks playoff history with a huge comebacks against all odds.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
User avatar
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1789
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:57 pm
Location: 50° 10' North / 8° 34' East

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby Fred » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:26 am

One of the facts that I'm most proud of considering the brutality of these play-offs is the fact the Canucks have not tried to run or injure Quick. Clearly he is the ace in the LA hand.
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby mathonwy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:41 am

Fred wrote:One of the facts that I'm most proud of considering the brutality of these play-offs is the fact the Canucks have not tried to run or injure Quick. Clearly he is the ace in the LA hand.

You're proud that we're down 3 doughnut?

You say Quick is clearly the ace in the LA hand. Clearly as in clear to everyone.

This means, he is the major reason why the Kings are up 3 games to nothing.

If this is clear to everyone and the Canucks have decided to not do anything about it, then that means, the Canucks are ok with being losers.

This is not chess we're playing. This is the Stanley Cup playoffs. The most brutal sports post season ever with only one winner at the end.

Come on man... nice guys finish last. If Quick is indeed the key and AV chooses to not do anything about it, then AV has to go. Period.

..

Fortunately, Quick was only a major factor last game.

The Canucks kicked their own ass in the first two games.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby Fred » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:51 am

I was thinking along the lines of what Chicago's Shaw did to Smith....running the guy over behind the net. I agree you gotta get to the net and what he can't see he can't stop. You can't make it easy for him but you can't stick him in the throat. But to do to Quick what Brown did to Henrik....it would be the pot calling the kettle black. Hypocrisy


http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393434
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby Aaronp18 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:11 pm

I have to believe...
I have to envision...
I have to think...
I have to imagine...
I have to hope...

...that the Canucks will take this in seven!

BTW does anyone know what time the maintenance guy shows up at the Staples Center? I have a petri dish of salmonella
I've been saving for this years playoffs.

:drink:
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby donlever » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:21 pm

...20 people (60 some % of the total vote) figure this is going 7?

Wow!

True faith, last gasp hope or drug induced fantasy?

We shall see.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby Cornuck » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:22 pm

donlever wrote:...20 people (60 some % of the total vote) figure this is going 7?

True faith, last gasp hope or drug induced fantasy?


D: All of the above.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4850
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby okcanuck » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:24 pm

mathonwy wrote:
Fred wrote:One of the facts that I'm most proud of considering the brutality of these play-offs is the fact the Canucks have not tried to run or injure Quick. Clearly he is the ace in the LA hand.

You're proud that we're down 3 doughnut?

You say Quick is clearly the ace in the LA hand. Clearly as in clear to everyone.

This means, he is the major reason why the Kings are up 3 games to nothing.

If this is clear to everyone and the Canucks have decided to not do anything about it, then that means, the Canucks are ok with being losers.

This is not chess we're playing. This is the Stanley Cup playoffs. The most brutal sports post season ever with only one winner at the end.

Come on man... nice guys finish last. If Quick is indeed the key and AV chooses to not do anything about it, then AV has to go. Period.


So what are you saying ,run Quick try to injure him, that's bullshit and that kind of attitude is exactly whats wrong with the NHL right now.

I say you hit Doughty every chance you get. He's a hothead, he loses control and takes bad penalties. Believe me that team is not nearly as good with him off the ice.
User avatar
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:11 am
Location: Bestwank,BC

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby Boston Canucker » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 pm

I hate to say it, and I hope not, but I think it ends in 4. I just don't see them solving Quick, and the Kings are brimming with confidence. The Canucks put up a pretty darn good game and lost in game 3, and I sense that will go down as their last big shot at getting back in it.

I hope I am wrong, in the very least just to avoid the sweep and get one more game in the Rog, give the fans something to cheer for.
Last edited by Boston Canucker on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 am

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby donlever » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 pm

mathonwy wrote:
Fred wrote:One of the facts that I'm most proud of considering the brutality of these play-offs is the fact the Canucks have not tried to run or injure Quick. Clearly he is the ace in the LA hand.

You're proud that we're down 3 doughnut?



C'mon, cut the guy a break, that's not what he said at all.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby mathonwy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:44 pm

donlever wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
Fred wrote:One of the facts that I'm most proud of considering the brutality of these play-offs is the fact the Canucks have not tried to run or injure Quick. Clearly he is the ace in the LA hand.

You're proud that we're down 3 doughnut?



C'mon, cut the guy a break, that's not what he said at all.

:)

I know. Sorry Fred ol boy.

All I'm saying is, based on the rules that Shanny is creating the fly, either play the game the way everyone else is playing it or be an honorable loser.

Byron Bitz really blew his load too soon. Kyle Clifford? Who cares about Kyle Clifford. If on Wednesday, Quick is doing it again to us then if I'm AV, I run the fuck out of him. We're down 3 doughnut as it stands. Who the heck cares at this point of time about suspensions and fines.

@okcanuck

Yes, there are are a lot of people that are very unhappy with the current violent and aggressive climate of the NHL. However, whether you're unhappy with it or not doesn't change what is reality which is violence, aggression and intimidation wins games (or a Stanley Cup if you're the Boston Bruins).

Running Doughty is a good plan but he's a big guy and that fat face of his can take a lot of punishment. Running Quick on the other hand...
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: How long does this series go?

Postby donlever » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Gary Bettmans NHL circa 2025...

Step your game up (oh, and figure it out as well, tv ratings will be awesome, dude)

Image
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests