Bald Ankles

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Bald Ankles

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doesn't it get a bit tiresome to watch your best players get bitchslapped and kicked around the ice like a fucking soccer ball.?

Gillis must be a fucking masochist to watch this shit.

Duncan Keith elbows your best winger in the melon and the Canucks facewash him and hump his leg.

Dustin Brown blows up your best player and Alex Burrows has a wrestling match with Anze Kopitar.

Teams don't even lube the Canucks up when they assram them these days.

What a joke

Brown should have gotten his melon caved in. I guess Luggage Eyes will lob Shanny a call and cry to him .
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Bald Ankles

Post by 2Fingers »

But that is not how the NHL is designed to play (based upon MG idea)

Seriously there is a major problem with this team and this year I think you will see a major move. Edler or Kesler and Luongo will be gone to get some different blood on this team. Not saying they are the reason for the melt down but there is only so much you can do with the same players year after year.

Time for a coaching change, 2 presidents trophy means jack shit when you get blown out like they did this season. A good coach mixes things up and sees where changes need to be made, the PP is god awful and has been for how long and nothing was done to change it up.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Doesn't it get a bit tiresome to watch your best players get bitchslapped and kicked around the ice like a fucking soccer ball.?

Gillis must be a fucking masoshist to watch this shit.
I guess Luggage Eyes will lob Shanny a call and cry to him .
seems there are more cojones at a girl guide jamboree ...
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Reefer2 wrote:But that is not how the NHL is designed to play (based upon MG idea)

Seriously there is a major problem with this team and this year I think you will see a major move. Edler or Kesler and Luongo will be gone to get some different blood on this team. Not saying they are the reason for the melt down but there is only so much you can do with the same players year after year.

Time for a coaching change, 2 presidents trophy means jack shit when you get blown out like they did this season. A good coach mixes things up and sees where changes need to be made, the PP is god awful and has been for how long and nothing was done to change it up.
No shit, AV has to go. What is the point of having Kassian when he plays 6 minutes? Raymond despite being useless over and over again get the icetime over a big body like Kassian... The kid might be raw but he can use his size to open it up for Burrows and Henrik. Instead, Raymond fell over and over again with the puck.

Speaking of Edler, he has to be the goat of the series. 2 bad giveaways to lead to two goals. Less than two minutes of the play, he fired the puck over the glass to singlehandedly destroy any chances of coming back. He just can't handle the top minutes without making some brain farts.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Doesn't it get a bit tiresome to watch your best players get bitchslapped and kicked around the ice like a fucking soccer ball.?

Duncan Keith elbows your best winger in the melon and the Canucks facewash him and hump his leg.

Dustin Brown blows up your best player and Alex Burrows has a wrestling match with Anze Kopitar.

What a joke

Brown should have gotten his melon caved in. I guess Luggage Eyes will lob Shanny a call and cry to him .
Unfortunately, the refs seem to have it in for the Canucks whenever we decide to retaliate.

I guarantee you that the Canucks wanted to destroy Dustin Brown after what happened.......but simply didn't out of fear of getting dinged with a slew of penalties.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Jovocop wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:But that is not how the NHL is designed to play (based upon MG idea)

No shit, AV has to go. What is the point of having Kassian when he plays 6 minutes? Raymond despite being useless over and over again get the icetime over a big body like Kassian... The kid might be raw but he can use his size to open it up for Burrows and Henrik. Instead, Raymond fell over and over again with the puck.

Speaking of Edler, he has to be the goat of the series. 2 bad giveaways to lead to two goals. Less than two minutes of the play, he fired the puck over the glass to singlehandedly destroy any chances of coming back. He just can't handle the top minutes without making some brain farts.
kassian is way too green to be taking Mayray's minutes. his one shift in the third would give any coach a heart attack
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Farhan Lalji wrote:

What a joke

Unfortunately, the refs seem to have it in for the Canucks whenever we decide to retaliate.

I guarantee you that the Canucks wanted to destroy Dustin Brown after what happened.......but simply didn't out of fear of getting dinged with a slew of penalties.
Get serious Farhan.... The Canucks retaliation is equivelant to a pilllow fight. They are a team of pussies.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Get serious Farhan.... The Canucks retaliation is equivelant to a pilllow fight. They are a team of pussies.
I can't say I disagree with you, but I think the Canucks did the right thing by focusing on hockey. Bieksa did level Brown with that nice hip check.

Lets say the Canucks beat the shit out of Brown and get a whole bunch of misconducts, roughing penalties, etc.

Then what?
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

ukcanuck wrote: kassian is way too green to be taking Mayray's minutes. his one shift in the third would give any coach a heart attack
What the hell was Gillis thinking on trade deadline day? :?

I don't doubt that Kassian could turn into an excellent player 18-24 months from now (Gragnani as well), but why not make that deal in the off-season?

Where was Kassian when Brown nailed Henrik? Or when Keith nailed Daniel? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

This isn't a lot here I can disagree with other than the fact we still have a small life line left. I know its highly improbable but I'm still willing to sacrifice a goat to whichever puck gods are angry.

In my opinion, short of a massive comback, wholesale changes are coming, starting with the coaching staff. AV and crew won't survive a first round exit. After that the player moves are debatable. We are still in it, but that's my take on the immediate future.

As for the taking of liberties, its an easy investment when the other team can't/won't kill you in return OR is O-fer on the PP.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I don't think a huge change is needed, 1 of the top 10, Luongo (but we have seen this for a while) and AV.

I know that sounds like a lot but compared to what some other teams have done, this is just fine tuning the team.

Based upon my breakfast meeting with the Canucks last week (just a meet and great with a vendor I deal with and with 60 others) they seem to be trying to deal with these issues (Kesler diving) but if it ain't working then time to make a trade.
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Canuck management should have learned from last year that politically correct hockey goes out the window in the playoffs. Brown took advantage of a team that seems to do nothing more than yap when it's best players are leveled. Full credit to Sedin for getting up after the Brown hit, and more credit that he came back and played.

Unfortunately when you're down 2-0 and in a tight game retaliation may not be an option, but when you are getting pushed around it soon becomes the only option.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Arbour wrote:Canuck management should have learned from last year that politically correct hockey goes out the window in the playoffs. Brown took advantage of a team that seems to do nothing more than yap when it's best players are leveled. Full credit to Sedin for getting up after the Brown hit, and more credit that he came back and played.

Unfortunately when you're down 2-0 and in a tight game retaliation may not be an option, but when you are getting pushed around it soon becomes the only option.
This years playoffs are even worse than last year for politically correct hockey going out the window.Pitt/Phil and Rangers/Sens are much more violent.Webers fine was/is a joke,and its only the first round.
I can't fault the Canucks for building the team the way they have. Who would predict officiating like this after all the concussion/head shot discussion during the last couple of seasons?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: kassian is way too green to be taking Mayray's minutes. his one shift in the third would give any coach a heart attack
What the hell was Gillis thinking on trade deadline day? :?

I don't doubt that Kassian could turn into an excellent player 18-24 months from now (Gragnani as well), but why not make that deal in the off-season?

Where was Kassian when Brown nailed Henrik? Or when Keith nailed Daniel? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
I imagine the thinking is that Kassian is a blue chip prospect on the cusp it making it full time in the show. Players like that cost no matter what time of year. As for wanting a plug in piece to win NOW at all costs...There's an expression for that, "short sighted"
I want the cup too but not so we can go back 40 years of suckage the year after.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

The Canucks should have gone after Doughty not Brown. Brown tries to take out our top player, we take out their top player,and Kassian should be the guy to do it. If they go after Brown thats exactly what the refs are looking for.

Bieksa actually did go after Brown ,Brown turtles, and the refs broke it up. I don't know what else you can do with the 0-0 score and down 2-0 in games.