Bald Ankles

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Bald Ankles

Post by clem »

The more you depend on a few stars, the more you're vulnerable to star injury or intimidation.

It's the way of the NHL.

The Kings biggest star has been left alone. No one has taken a serious run at Quick.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

okcanuck wrote:The Canucks should have gone after Doughty not Brown. Brown tries to take out our top player, we take out their top player,and Kassian should be the guy to do it. If they go after Brown thats exactly what the refs are looking for.

Bieksa actually did go after Brown ,Brown turtles, and the refs broke it up. I don't know what else you can do with the 0-0 score and down 2-0 in games.
Quick seems like a better target. Go to the net, take a defender with you, cross-check him in the face (oops) and in addition to sending a message maybe the Kings goaltender has a couple more things to think about.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

okcanuck wrote:The Canucks should have gone after Doughty not Brown. Brown tries to take out our top player, we take out their top player,and Kassian should be the guy to do it. If they go after Brown thats exactly what the refs are looking for.

Bieksa actually did go after Brown ,Brown turtles, and the refs broke it up. I don't know what else you can do with the 0-0 score and down 2-0 in games.
How could he when AV had Kassian sat right next to him the whole game? I know Kassian is green but the fact that he has the size to open up some space for Henrik and Burrows might worth a try. Is he defensively better than Raymond? No but is Kassian offensively better than Raymond? Seriously could Kassian be any worse than Raymond?? What did Raymond do besides falling on ice??
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Maybe Av does not like Kassian?

he does not like Ballard, did not like CH, loves his plumbers and he 2 sets of rules, 1 for those he likes (3 blind mice approach) and the 2nd for players he does not like (I don't like your shirt, your benched for the game)

Any how, just a little sad today, too bad another good year has gone to waste and the team is another year older next season with no one ready to come and provide that spark that is needed on this team.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

At least the Pens still have their pride.

Losing while shit kicking your opponent takes some of the sting away.

The Canucks wouldnt know this.

Sad really
Don Cherry for P.M.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Letang, Asham, Adams
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Joe Rockhead wrote:At least the Pens still have their pride.

Losing while shit kicking your opponent takes some of the sting away.

The Canucks wouldnt know this.

Sad really
So letang retaliates and gets a game misconductand "shows pride" by removing their best defencemen from the game.

Asham sticks up to Brayden Schenn and gets a 5 min Penalty and a match penalty.

Sidney Crosby gets into with Giroux and get's him out of the game... also takes the Pen's best forward out of the game for 5 minutes.

So this "taking of the sting away" happens in the first period when you're down 3-1 in a series that has has some shiiiite goaltending...

So what does all the PRIDE buy you...
old calamari
CC Veteran

Post by old calamari »

Vignault has to go if they get swept as well as Kesler he is a fucking embarassment on display for the fans of this team. By playing Schneider instead of Luongo tells me that he is pretty well finished in Vancouver. Get rid of both and you free up 10mill right there. Trade them both to Toronto for Gardiner and a 1st or Shenn and a first just get rid of them.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

I don't think its quite time to blow everything up. We still have a single lifeline so I guess we'll see if the lads step up.

Realistically, this is where the wheat gets sorted from the chaffe. AV has gotta know he is coaching for his job atm.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

So what does all the PRIDE buy you...
Exactly.

The Canucks need to win.

Who cares if someone gets back at Brown? Who cares if someone nails Doughty? Does it feel good in a loss? This whole response thing is overratted in my opinion. This is about winning - not about 'getting the other guy'. The response should be on the score board. However, I do think the league should be doing more to get that crap out of the game. But the league is a joke and everybody knows it.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

clem wrote:The Kings biggest star has been left alone. No one has taken a serious run at Quick.
Kesler is always trying to shower him. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
clem wrote:The Kings biggest star has been left alone. No one has taken a serious run at Quick.
Kesler is always trying to shower him. :lol:
An empty threat if ever there was one.

The only message that constant chirping and empty threats sends, is that the Canucks are too gutless to punish cheap shots or attempts to injure. Walk the talk or shut up.

I don’t like the cheap shots, & certainly not attempts not injure, but the effect they are having on skilled players far outweighs the NHL’s officiating deterrent.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

At the end of last season MG said he felt he had the team to go all the way. He said team toughness was not the problem and that if one stepped back and reflected they would see that the team was decimated by injuries and that was the single biggest factor for their inability to win game 7. Fine, I was and am still, in full agreement.

But something happen to all that rhetoric. Somewhere along the line he began to make changes to the team dynamic that added more 3rd and 4th liners and less skill and talent. He didn't believe his own rhetoric.

He did add Booth and I was all on board for that and up until his injury he was playing some very good hockey. He is playing tough and his defence has been solid but he has lost the ability to score. One can hope he recovers it next season and I think he will. I still like that move. But I can't help wonder how much better we might be right now with a healthy Samuelsson.

His other moves I still don't totally get.

This years team has been playing disinterested, tired looking, unmotivated hockey for most of the season. Partly perhaps due to the shortened off season and long recovery time for injuries. It puts in a whole new light for me how good those teams that get a repeat trip to the Cup Finals really are.

Our core are not good enough. We have solid goaltending but need a few bold moves. I don't want to watch this team slowly decline over the next 3-4 years and then have to do a major rebuild. This off season is the time to do something to get us back to the finals, not 3 years from now when were are scrambling to find a way to replace the twins.

Maybe the dynamics are simple. Move Kesler back to the third line with Higgins and Hansen.

Keep the twins on the first line with Burrows if they produce again.

Let Lappy centre the 4th line and we have enough pieces to build around him.

And maybe its time to let a rookie take second line in an offensive role and build that line around him. Problem with that is that is not AV's style. Maybe its time to get us another purely offensive line that is exciting to watch and can provide some valued secondary scoring. We need to start thinking about how we replace the twins and we can do that best by starting next season with a whole new approach to the second line.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

HW, MG replaced a streaky scoring Samuelson with a streaky scoring booth.

Adding Paulson was a no brainer.

Ask yourself, where would Cody be playing in today's line up, he showed he can not play wing and he is such a defensive liability could he handle any of the King's top three lines. Not a chance.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...yeah, it's really a shame that Booth has so much trouble with the puck on the half boards and in traffic.

Wheels, will, size, physical. good shot, but his hands, while not of pure stone, are far from soft and deft.

A real shame.

Could be a hell of a player.
DeLevering since 1999.