Higgins-H.Sedin-Kesler: Line combo worth experimenting with?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Postby Farhan Lalji » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Hey guys,

Was wondering what you thought of this line combo:

Higgins-H.Sedin-Kesler

All of the sperm in one basket. When Daniel Sedin comes back, you can put Kesler on RW with the twins.

This shouldn't be a permanent line combo but I wouldn't mind seeing AV throw these above combo's out every once in awhile and here's why:

1) It gets Kesler going offensively. Kesler right now is struggling offensively and who better than Hank to get him going? Higgins is our best scorer right now and so perhaps he can set the wheels in motion for Kesler as well.

2) Shut down centers and elite shut down pairing may not be able to withstand the force of a Canucks "stack." In the future for instance when Daniel comes back, the combination of Sedin-Sedin-Kesler might prove to be too much for top tier defensive pairing and shut down centers. As much as I love Burrows, he ain't no Kesler when Kesler's at his best. A difference like that alone, might make the difference between our top line being shut down by guys like Chara, Weber, Seeabrook, etc. and lighting them up.

I reference Detroit from the late 90's. Although Yzerman, Shanahan, and Fedorov rarely played together on the same line, there were times that Bowman would throw out Shanahan-Fedorov-Yzerman to throw teams off guard.

Thoughts?
Farhan Lalji

Re: Higgins-H.Sedin-Kesler: Line combo worth experimenting w

Postby Topper » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Burrows-Lapierre-Booth as a second line ?

Hansen-Paulson-Raymond for the third ?

just guessing GM
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Farhan Lalji » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:01 pm

I sometimes wonder what Sedin-Sedin-Kesler would have been able to do against Boston in game 7. Kesler was flying out there (impressive when you consider that he was injured) and I can't help but wonder how many more chances he would have had if the twins were feeding him.

Think back to 'stacked' "front heavy" line-ups of other teams:

Stamko's and St. Louis lit up Boston for 20+ goals in the series before ours.

Perry and Getzlaf had no problem scoring against Nashville before we played the Preds.
Farhan Lalji

Postby Farhan Lalji » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Topper wrote:Burrows-Lapierre-Booth as a second line ?

Hansen-Paulson-Raymond for the third ?

just guessing GM

Yeppers.

I'd personally love to see Burrows and Lapierre play together for a few shifts as well and that's exactly what I had in mind. Both guys can score, and both guys can defend well. More importantly, both guys are super pests of epic proportions and I think they'd feed off each other well. Booth gives that line even more scoring potential as well.

Pahlsson and Hansen can continue to impress defensively, while Raymond can play good defense as well. Another thought I had was to make it Malhottra-Pahlsson-Hansen to make it a supreme shut down line. Raymond would go to the 4th line.

With Daniel Sedin in the line-up:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Burrows-Lapierre-Booth
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Raymond-Malhottra-Weisse.
Farhan Lalji

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Some times you have to shake things up, remember when Roger Neilson started Harold Sneptz at centre...as soon as the ref drops the puck plough ahead and drop the opposing centre on his ass....I actually liked the way AV clearly had instructed his players to hit, hit and then hit some more. Bitz out just means in comes Weise. You have to get after Doughty, it's seven games
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Return to Canucks Corner Chat