OOTS 11/12 playoff edition

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: OOTS 11/12 playoff edition

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:If Asham gets anything less than five games Shanny should be dismissed.

What a filthy dirty play .
Oh noooooo don't go blame'n Shanahan...he set the standard...it's OK to target and hurt people in the face intentionally...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

Arachnid wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:If Asham gets anything less than five games Shanny should be dismissed.

What a filthy dirty play .
Oh noooooo don't go blame'n Shanahan...he set the standard...it's OK to target and hurt people in the face intentionally...
Hafta agree Spid...Shanny waz best in the biz at fighting and bringing on the goons...then when the heavys were out-lawed he brought it...loved him as a POWER foreward...don't care so much for him as Buttman's bitch.
Namaste WF
Namaste WF
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

The Flyers are showing us how the PP should look.

Rarely does anyone have the puck over a second.
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

clem wrote:The Flyers are showing us how the PP should look.

Rarely does anyone have the puck over a second.
Yep Clem gotta agree, that's how it's done...great job by their PP lines.
Namaste WF
Namaste WF
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Wow, Pens down 3-0...could be swept...do we use that as inspiration for desperation?

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Arachnid wrote: Oh noooooo don't go blame'n Shanahan...he set the standard...it's OK to target and hurt people in the face intentionally...
He fucked the dog by letting Weber off easy.

Shanny got it right with the Bitz suspension, but a slap on the wrist for Weber once again showed the NHL doesn't have the appetite for sitting star players in the playoffs, and in effect shows they're not really serious about eliminating head shots.

Not saying this flurry of dirty hits could have been prevented by sitting Weber for a game or two, but it would definitely send a strong message, and maybe we wouldn't see as many incidents as we've seen so far.

One thing I'd like to add about the sudden feeling that there are more head shots this year than previous years....last year rule 48 was implemented, and it was expanded for this season. There was no rule against "clean" hits to the head before last year.

There's a crackdown on hits that wasn't there previously, so obviously there's going to be lots of new infractions. That's not to say most the hits we've seen so far in the playoffs wouldn't be suspension worthy to begin with, but I'd caution people from attributing too much to the number of incidents we've seen this season as a whole.
Last edited by coco_canuck on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Arachnid wrote:Wow, Pens down 3-0...could be swept...do we use that as inspiration for desperation?

8-)
Yes they underestimated the flyers, just like us underestimating the Los Angeles Kings.

All we need to do is win this one fcuking game, Schneider makes the stops, and we need some goal scorers!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

coco_canuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Oh noooooo don't go blame'n Shanahan...he set the standard...it's OK to target and hurt people in the face intentionally...
He fucked the dog by letting Weber off easy.

Shanny got it right with the Bitz suspension, but a slap on the wrist for Weber once again showed the NHL doesn't have the appetite for sitting star players in the playoffs, and in effect shows they're not really serious about eliminating head shots.

Not saying this flurry of dirty hits could have been prevented by sitting Weber for a game or two, but it would definitely send a strong message, and maybe we wouldn't see as many incidents as we've seen so far.

One thing I'd like to add about the sudden feeling that there are more head shots this year than previous years....last year rule 48 was implemented, and it was expanded for this season. There was no rule against "clean" hits to the head before last year.

There's a crackdown on hits that wasn't there previously, so obviously there's going to be lots of new infractions. That's not to say most the hits we've seen so far in the playoffs wouldn't be suspension worthy to begin with, but I'd caution people from attributing too much to the number of incidents we've seen this season as a whole.
Yeah but was Weber's hit 'CLEAN"??? (pushing the head into the glass with an open hand (palm) not 1x but twice...face it (pun indtended) the league is sending a message from top (Buttman)to bottom (refs)...to call it like THEY wanna see it, but i digress(sp?) don't give a rat's ass (not you Rats) about how the games are fixed just make it FAIR....f'n SAVVY front office this league wasn't played in NYC nor TO to make it great....it was made great in towns like Detroit, Chi-town, Boston working stiffs payed hard earned $$$ to go to games...the teams like VAN made it that much better...I beg the powers that be don't f-up this game anymore than you already have...by second rate officating & second rate front office edicts.
thanks for hearing my rant
Namaste WF
Namaste WF
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Sure nice seeing wildfaery posting and participating..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Knuckle dragger in Philly today I guess under the banner who wouda thunk it. Flyers up 3 game to zero and Pitts loosing their cool. I thought again the officiating was poor. I'm wondering what the Bruins are thinking, every one seems to be copying what they did.

Franzen in Detroit spears a opponent on the bench.....any suspension :roll: But Preds go on to win any way
cheers
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Good lord the Pens are getting Ron Jeremy'd. :o
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Good lord the Pens are getting Ron Jeremy'd. :o
Maybe just J.R'd????
Namate,Wildronick
Namaste WF
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Fred wrote: I'm wondering what the Bruins are thinking, every one seems to be copying what they did.
The Flyers copying the Bruins style of play?

Are you familiar with how the Flyers have been playing for the past +40 years?

Also, have you seen the past three games between the Pens and Flyers?

Pittsburgh has been even nastier and more physical than the Flyers, but that hasn't done them any good.

The Pens defensive game and goaltending is in tatters. Paul Martin, who has had an inconsistent season, has been atrocious, but their forwards have also been lost defensively, missing assignments, not trusting others to do their jobs etc.
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

coco_canuck wrote:
Fred wrote: I'm wondering what the Bruins are thinking, every one seems to be copying what they did.
The Flyers copying the Bruins style of play?

Are you familiar with how the Flyers have been playing for the past +40 years?

Also, have you seen the past three games between the Pens and Flyers?

Pittsburgh has been even nastier and more physical than the Flyers, but that hasn't done them any good.

The Pens defensive game and goaltending is in tatters. Paul Martin, who has had an inconsistent season, has been atrocious, but their forwards have also been lost defensively, missing assignments, not trusting others to do their jobs etc.
heh right on CoCo even i know Philly isn't called the Broad Street Bullys for nuttin' right on BSB!!!
Namaste,Wild4gettingwhatyougive
Namaste WF
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The Flyers are deeper and the Pens defence and goaltending has been absolute shit.

Briere and Giroux have been better than Malkin and Crosby. Then you add guys like Schenn, Talbot, Jagr, Couturier, Voracek etc. etc. all stepping up and you have a raping.

The Pens don't have the answers for the Flyers depth. Their D can't handle the speed of the forecheck, and their goalie is literally funnelling pucks into his own net.

Pens are toast.