OOTS 11/12 playoff edition

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Re: OOTS 11/12 playoff edition

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I think I will pick the Flyers in the 2nd round regardless of who they play.

Fuck. They look SCARY good right now.

So much heart from that team is well. Coming from behind in the first two games was an amazing feat.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Farhan Lalji wrote:I think I will pick the Flyers in the 2nd round regardless of who they play.

So much heart from that team is well. Coming from behind in the first two games was an amazing feat.
I think I'll pick the team that is shooting against the worst goaltending we've seen in a long time. Oh wait, in round 2 that might be the Flyers.
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

dhabums wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:I think I will pick the Flyers in the 2nd round regardless of who they play.

I think I'll pick the team that is shooting against the worst goaltending we've seen in a long time. Oh wait, in round 2 that might be the Flyers.
yep give a little to get alot (at least 1more)
Namaste, Wildigotyouplus1more
Namaste WF
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

dhabums wrote:

Good point.

I guess I got a little ahead of myself there, lol.

Still - their dismantling of the Penguins is both impressive and perplexing.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Farhan Lalji wrote: Still - their dismantling of the Penguins is both impressive and perplexing.
Even "just plain average" goaltending could have this series at 2-1 Pens. We've seen it happen here, the goalie goes to shit and suddenly everyone feels the need to do more than there job but end up doing less.

Fleury is at .798 sv%.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

His huge rebounds aren't helping him either.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Cornuck wrote:His huge rebounds aren't helping him either.
No kidding, is it just me or are the Pens a different team since Sid came back? Three weeks ago the Pens were the best team, now they are shit!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

That first period of game one, I remember thinking to myself " Holy shit this is going to be quick, the pens looked possessed". They really did look unstoppable, what's happened? Shitty goaltending? I think it's a combination of that as well as the Pens not being able to "change" their game style. They play that "free-roam offence first" style and have a tough time switching to SHUT DOWN HOCKEY when they need to.

They play a high-risk, high reward type of uptempo hockey that relies heavily on MAF to play well( Not stand on his head, but play like he can and really SHOULD) and when he isn't playing good... well you see what happens. They just are not able to play a "defence first" type of hockey.

Lets see what they have left, if they can pull off what so few teams have.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Did Sid soak up all the bitch punk that Cooke shed?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

Topper wrote:Did Sid soak up all the bitch punk that Cooke shed?
perhaps it's ambidexterous(sp?)
give a little get a lot???
Namaste, Wildi'mnotbipolarorsexual
Namaste WF
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It seems to me that the Florida Panthers became a good hockey team as soon as they got rid of Booth, Ballard and Higgins and then we got lousier with them.

You got a wonder about a GM who picks up three players from a losing organization.

Samuelsson is flying out there. Looks great.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
stoneboat
AHL Prospect

Post by stoneboat »

Friedman's take on Crosby and the series

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion ... g-way.html
If I was a Flyer, I'd have wanted to rip into anything in a white jersey after James Neal's hit on Sean Couturier. It was dirty and made Aaron Rome/Nathan Horton look like a tickle fight. Crosby was on the ice and getting involved.
Interesting to see what comes out of it. The story of the NHL's inconsistency has been predicatable, but engaging (like an irritating itch you can't quite reach).
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

RoyalDude wrote:It seems to me that the Florida Panthers became a good hockey team as soon as they got rid of Booth, Ballard and Higgins and then we got lousier with them.
We won the Presidents' Trophy. :|

I'll concede the fact that the Canucks started coasting once they got revenge on Boston, and that their offense took a hit around the time of the Hodgson deal, but we've got to keep thing in perspective RD.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote:It seems to me that the Florida Panthers became a good hockey team as soon as they got rid of Booth, Ballard and Higgins and then we got lousier with them.
Funny, I thought it was the Duncan Keith move that cost us.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Farhan Lalji wrote:...the Canucks started coasting once they got revenge on Boston...
There's been a rotten smell in the air for quite a while: it's been pretty clear that this team has been on cruise control for months, ostensibly saving themselves for the postseason. Well, it looks like the "switch" has proven to be a myth and that it's backfired bigtime.

Cue the Bylsma for Vigneualt swap threads. [insert eyeroll here]