First round playoff match up - LA Kings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: First round playoff match up - LA Kings

Post by coco_canuck »

Hockey Widow wrote: I really thought they would give HNIC the Saturday game. HNIC used to lobby for things like that. I don't mind the extra dates off especially if Dank is not ready to go quite yet.
Yeah. I think if they played the Saturday game, they'd have to play back-to-back on Sunday.

The Clippers and Lakers also play at Staples, and Coldplay has two shows in Vancouver, so the schedule makers' hands were tied in many ways. The Sunday game coming off an afternoon basketball game will be an interesting turn around. Expect atrocious ice.

As for Daniel, even if he comes back game 1 or 2, the extra days between games 3 and 4 will give him more practise and conditioning time before the series potentially goes deep.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

coco_canuck wrote:Here's the Schedule

Wed 7:30
Fri 7:00
Sun 7:30
Wed 10
Sun TBD
Tues TBD
Thur TBD

So 2 days off after game 3, and then 3 off after game 4.

Not the best schedule, but better to have more off-days than playing 3 in 4 nights.
Jeez man, a lot of late nights for meez...forget the Organic Lager cask it'll be Monster Energy drinks and Jägermeister bombs(fuck that shyte...it's terrible)...I am sofa king pumped about it now that I see the first road in our journey this year...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

One thought I do have:

Fora few shifts on occasion, I'd like to see Kesler play RW on Hank's line. It gives the Kings a different look and it may also help Kes get his offensive game going if he's struggling at any time.

Any word on when Daniel is coming back?
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I believe the Canucks refuted the stories that he is even skating yet.

Hate the schedule, I'm finishing an Accounting class this Wednesday and the final is next Wednesday
#firstworldproblems
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Benjo wrote:I believe the Canucks refuted the stories that he is even skating yet.

Hate the schedule, I'm finishing an Accounting class this Wednesday and the final is next Wednesday
#firstworldproblems
You going for a CA, CGA, or CMA? :P. I attempted to be an accountant many moons ago but found it too boring, lol.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Benjo wrote:I believe the Canucks refuted the stories that he is even skating yet.

#firstworldproblems
Yeah, my last class is Wednesday too, going to the University pub afterwards...should be a hoot, nothing like playoff pucks and a room full of drunk'n college girlz 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Coldplay shouldn't be allowed out of Branson
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:

#firstworldproblems
Yeah, my last class is Wednesday too, going to the University pub afterwards...should be a hoot, nothing like playoff pucks and a room full of drunk'n college girlz 8-)

Well....like in the playoffs, experience matters.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

#firstworldproblems

Well....like in the playoffs, experience matters.
You said a mouthful there HW 8-)

I can't wait until Wednesday night, I'm in the library right now fuelled by Monster™ madly working on my paper which I have to present 3 hours before game one start time, I'm going to be wired for the next few days but then I can relax and enjoy the 1st round...
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Arachnid wrote: You said a mouthful there HW 8-)

I can't wait until Wednesday night, I'm in the library right now fuelled by Monster™ madly working on my paper which I have to present 3 hours before game one start time, I'm going to be wired for the next few days but then I can relax and enjoy the 1st round...
Relax and enjoy the first round.

I'm going to be tense as a mofo the next couple months. Last year I enjoyed it.

This year, I'm going to be wound up tighter than blank's blankity blank.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Mike Keenan thinks LA will take the Canucks.

Asshole.
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

CBC has Ottawa on Saturday at 7 PM eastern though the game is in New York.

Vancouver is supposed to be one of the better conditioned clubs, so do extra days off benefit them as much as or more than LA (other than Salo maybe)?
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

Waffle wrote:CBC has Ottawa on Saturday at 7 PM eastern though the game is in New York.
I don't see anything unusual about that. NY and Ottawa are both in the eastern time zone. When else would it be?
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

cjc wrote:Mike Keenan thinks LA will take the Canucks.

Asshole.
I can't wait to hear what Theo has to say as well!

:roll:
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Potatoe1 wrote:Not worried about Quick at all in fact I think people are way over rating him.
I haven't watched him much since our last go-around in the playoffs but if he's still kicking out those huge rebounds and the Canucks forwards can get to them first it's going to be a..... Quick series. 8-)