President's Trophy!!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

President's Trophy!!

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Back to back Prez trophies, not too bad.... :mrgreen:


What a crappy team! :lol:

NY choked, Blues choked, here we are.

So there have been 4 previous teams to win Prez trophys two years in a row - Oilers, Flames, Red Wings & Dallas Stars

Of those, 3 of the 4 won the Stanley Cup on the second year. 8-)
(only the Wings failed)

Good omen. :look:
Last edited by Zamboni Driver on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby Arachnid » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Zamboni Driver wrote:Back to back Prez trophies, not too bad.... :mrgreen:


What a crappy team! :lol:


OK, the King is dead, Long Live The King!

And....the sky is falling....

Can we move on now?

It's fucking playoff time baby!

We're back! Fuck me with a black widow, that was a loooooooong season after last Springs run....
4 out of 5 Psychologists agree that a man without a woman is a psycho
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:Back to back Prez trophies, not too bad.... :mrgreen:


What a crappy team! :lol:


OK, the King is dead, Long Live The King!

And....the sky is falling....

Can we move on now?

It's fucking playoff time baby!

We're back! Fuck me with a black widow, that was a loooooooong season after last Springs run....



That should be an African Canadian widow to you.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby Cornuck » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Glad we got that out of the way :D
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4578
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby mathonwy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:44 pm

What a glorious time to be a Canuck fan. I am so proud of this team. Number one in the league.... AGAIN. That's absolutely outstanding. Congratz guys on surviving a rather meaningless regular season.

So CC friends, what were the defining moments of this regular season for you?

What stood out for you?

The break out year of Chris Higgins?

The acquisition of David Booth?

The deadline deals for Paulsson and Zackian?

Duncan Keith's elbow on Dank?
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby Arachnid » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:Back to back Prez trophies, not too bad.... :mrgreen:


What a crappy team! :lol:


OK, the King is dead, Long Live The King!

And....the sky is falling....

Can we move on now?

It's fucking playoff time baby!

We're back! Fuck me with a black widow, that was a loooooooong season after last Springs run....



That should be an African Canadian widow to you.


8-) Again?!
4 out of 5 Psychologists agree that a man without a woman is a psycho
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby the Dogsalmon » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Thank you God!
User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby Arachnid » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

mathonwy wrote:What a glorious time to be a Canuck fan. I am so proud of this team. Number one in the league.... AGAIN. That's absolutely outstanding. Congratz guys on surviving a rather meaningless regular season.

So CC friends, what were the defining moments of this regular season for you?

What stood out for you?

The break out year of Chris Higgins?

The acquisition of David Booth?

The deadline deals for Paulsson and Zackian?

Duncan Keith's elbow on Dank?


Who cares? It's Playoff Shutdown Shut Out Shout Out Hockey!!!!!! WoopWooop!
4 out of 5 Psychologists agree that a man without a woman is a psycho
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby Arachnid » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:56 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:Thank you God!


No, thank St. David!
4 out of 5 Psychologists agree that a man without a woman is a psycho
User avatar
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:57 pm

mathonwy wrote:What a glorious time to be a Canuck fan. I am so proud of this team. Number one in the league.... AGAIN. That's absolutely outstanding. Congratz guys on surviving a rather meaningless regular season.


What stood out for you?


The emergence of Schneider - he's been playing the "big" games - Hawks, Bruins, Blues
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby Aaronp18 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:05 pm

IMO the President's Trophy is summed up quite simply.

It's an accomplishment to be recognized but not celebrated!
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby Reefer2 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:07 pm

mathonwy wrote:What a glorious time to be a Canuck fan. I am so proud of this team. Number one in the league.... AGAIN. That's absolutely outstanding. Congratz guys on surviving a rather meaningless regular season.

So CC friends, what were the defining moments of this regular season for you?

What stood out for you?

The break out year of Chris Higgins?

The acquisition of David Booth?

The deadline deals for Paulsson and Zackian?

Duncan Keith's elbow on Dank?


Very simple, the team learned how to win games with out a PP goal and only 1 - 0 or 2 - 1.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby Farhan Lalji » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:12 pm

A tremendous achievement and honour for the Vancouver Canucks but plenty of work lies ahead.

Make us proud boys......make us proud.

:win:
Farhan Lalji
 

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby CrzyCanuck » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:50 pm

now the preseason is official over. :P

Bring it on! The real season!
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Re: President's Trophy!!

Postby Waffle » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 pm

You know that there is a Canuck fan somewhere thinking it.

No team has ever won the President's Trophy three years in a row, so next year expect to hear a lot of "Vancouver sucks" type remarks...of course that won't be much different than any other year.

Out of 25 Trophies, only twice has a team that won it failed to make the playoffs the next year. so the Canucks look like a lock to make the games that count next year again.
Waffle
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:38 am

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Island Nucklehead, Meds and 2 guests