OK, So What I have been told

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OK, So What I have been told

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote:I grew up with four brothers and reading this thread today makes me feel, feel, like I'm home again :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
...except no one here is a Leaf fan.

Other than you I guess.

:sly:
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Yeah, maybe. But I personally really liked the way Cody Hodgs was developing and would not have moved him. I watch him now as a rookie and he looks way better than the Sedins and Kes @ that stage. I was never really impressed with the Sedins and Kes when they were rookies, but Coho makes say, wow in a first year player! Probably the only other rookie that excited fans was Bure and Linden a bit. I'm not saying Coho is @ the same lvl as Bure, but he does things that catches your eye. We always knew Cody had good vision to pass the puck, but where did that big league shot come from? His skating was always a bit questionable, but he is looking quite a bit faster than last year and seems a lot stronger on the puck. He's doing things like scoring big goals, putting up points and earning a spot on the roster which is pretty impressive on our lineup. Will that translate that Coho will become a better player than the Sedins & Kes down the road? Maybe, but it really is hard to say.

As one of the Canuck panelist said (Macintyre?) when we had Cody, we had 3 lines that could potentially score. With Pahlson instead, it's a bit of a gamble because we become more of a 2 scoring line and 2 checking line team. Will that make us better for the playoffs? Maybe. As of now, we traded a scoring threat for a 4th line hitter in Kassian. Kassian maybe more than a 4th liner in the future, but he's a 4th liner right now. The thing is, we have guys who can play that 4th line hitting role in Weise, Bitz and Oreskovich. I think it would of been nice to have Cody around to insert into the lineup to change to 3 scoring lines with 1 checking line to give us more versitility against certain teams/matchups in the playoffs.
Currently, Hodgson is a scoring threat who also allows scoring threats against his own team. And Kassian did not replace Hodgson, Pahlsson did.

And with Pahlsson now taking defensive responsibilities away from Kesler, the second line has even more potential to score.

Since the deadline, Vancouver's fenwick % is a dominating 57.5. That would put them as the top puck possession team in the league. And that's while playing seemingly very uninspired hockey.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

And that's while playing seemingly very uninspired hockey.
Yeah uninspired is a good word :D
cheers
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I grew up with four brothers and reading this thread today makes me feel, feel, like I'm home again :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Other than you I guess.

I will always cheer for the Canucks...first

What am I supposed to do. I mean that last time a team I cheered for won the cup was 1967, I still have a soft spot for them.
The only HW the Canucks need
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

harrumph.....

and here i thought you were perfect....

;)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Hockey Widow wrote: I will always cheer for the Canucks...first

What am I supposed to do. I mean that last time a team I cheered for won the cup was 1967, I still have a soft spot for them.
Maybe you are the problem?
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

dhabums wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: I will always cheer for the Canucks...first

Maybe you are the problem?

{Mod edit: Quit trolling]
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Blaster86 wrote: We should probably kill her. Lever, you're with her tonight. Make it happen.
Toddle back to CP.
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

dhabums wrote:
Blaster86 wrote: We should probably kill her. Lever, you're with her tonight. Make it happen.
Toddle back to CP.
Right away, shall I do anything else for you while I do your every command?
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Quoting mishap.
Last edited by dhabums on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Blaster86 wrote:
dhabums wrote:
Toddle back to CP.
Right away, shall I do anything else for you while I do your every command?
Sure.

Remind the douchebag fanboys of the Bruins thread that disappeared quickly. That team is AWESOME!!!

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread ... ton&page=7
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

done and done!
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:A friend of mine told me Luongo is seperated from his wife. She's back in Florida and he's living in an apt by himself here. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
You have to consider that the source of this could be HW with the help of the internet grapevine doing some aftermarket modifications.

family issues -> marriage problems -> marriage failure and fill out the rest of the details. I would be surprised if this came from a completely different source of info than HW's. It's probably the same rumor, and if so, its not confirmation.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote:
donlever wrote:

Other than you I guess.

I will always cheer for the Canucks...first

hmmmm 1967 a year that will live in infamy by Canucks fans.. Harold Ballard(spit) and Stafford Smythe of the Leaves cast the deciding vote to keep the Canucks out of the NHL.Hockey Widow you got a lot to live down.. Cheering for the Leaves? a capital offence for sure. That year was the beginning of my HATEON for the Damm Toronto Leaves..I got rid of my Keon sweater and started cheering for the Bruins.. who had a rookie called Orr that won the Calder.. However the following 2 years I watched the Vancouver Canucks win the Cup twice :) errr not the Stanley - The WHL Lester Patrick cup;..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Rayxor wrote: You have to consider that the source of this could be HW with the help of the internet grapevine doing some aftermarket modifications.

family issues -> marriage problems -> marriage failure and fill out the rest of the details. I would be surprised if this came from a completely different source of info than HW's. It's probably the same rumor, and if so, its not confirmation.
Perhaps or perhaps not. A poster on HFBoards intimated the marriage troubles a couple of months ago in a thread. No one really paid much attention to the comment but it falls in line with the info HW has provided. Tack onto that Botchford's confirmation. SO the question ultimately is can he keep his head on straight for the playoffs? And if he can't how quick are the canucks prepared to pull the plug and put in Schneider in?

It also makes it a possibility that Luongo would want a move closer to Florida given his kids will be there.