The Playoff Picture

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: The Playoff Picture

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mëds wrote:
Can they flip the switch?

Well a 3-0 win should have answered that.

For me it didn't. Had it been against any team other than the Oilers than it would have.
Well, they did go 8-1-1 in the last 10, of which all but the last 3 were against teams desperate to make the playoffs.
The Flames & Oilers were out of the playoffs, but looking to prove something.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Only 17 of a possible 20 points. Talk about backing into the playoffs eh!
The only HW the Canucks need
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

8-1-1 down the stretch and it wasn't just a 3-0 win it was a 3-0 win where they out shot the opposition 42-17 and dominated from the opening whistle. Oilers got some chances to be sure but the guys who got the chances are arguably better than how any LA King is playing this year.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Hockey Widow wrote:Speaking of the playoffs, it looks like the Pens will be this year's most hated, despised, arrogant, whinny, diving hockey team. Torts has a head start at making sure thats how everyone sees them. Listening to him brought back memories of last year's playoffs and how all the Canuck hate started by a few lead to the whole media joining in on the hate on.

The press here in Canada has been a little contrite when discussing the Canucks this year and I think that they will get equal billing as Canada's darling.
We were just talking about this and how the media abuse can affect a team. Not media pressure, but media abuse. As much as Torts seems to think that media abuse can give him an edge, and as glad as I am that its starting over there, there is no way that the Canucks become the darling of the media in Canada. If Ottawa gets to the second round, they will be it.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

The playoff picture will hopefully not involve this Zach.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Madcombinepilot wrote: We were just talking about this and how the media abuse can affect a team. Not media pressure, but media abuse. As much as Torts seems to think that media abuse can give him an edge, and as glad as I am that its starting over there, there is no way that the Canucks become the darling of the media in Canada. If Ottawa gets to the second round, they will be it.
Gotta agree. Even though Van has played a much more disciplined game during the last year, fewer blow out, less chirping at reffs, more answering the bell and not hiding behind reffs and the like, we will still get the most hated team moniker. For now, Ottawa will be labelled "Canada's team" and once they are eliminated, the Toronto media will look for an American team with high CDN content to re-tread as "Canada's psuedo team".

Canucks are filled with dirty swedes and petulant americans supposedly.

With luck we go about our business and eliminate the Kings without injury or significant exertion. then Doughty can complain all he wants from the 6th tee.