So here's a shock Crosby cleared

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

So here's a shock Crosby cleared

Post by Fred »

20 games left before the play-offs and surprise surprise Crosby has been cleared for full contact....call me a cycnic but I was expecting this. Now if Hank and Daniel could get say a 5 game strech off.......just saying
cheers
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: So here's a shock Crosby cleared

Post by Hockey Widow »

Too much conspiracy theory here. The kid may only be one good hit away from never playing again.
The only HW the Canucks need
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Well the Pens could have put him on LTIR (iirc) prior to the deadline. For whatever reason they didn't and it worked out, I guess????

Crosby shouldnt come back unless they are considered the beast of the East (which imo they probably are with him).

Just be ready for Sochi Sid.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Not too concerned about the "conspiracy theories" but glad to hear "the Kid" will be playing hockey again..
Its always a pleasure to watch the "Great Ones" playing the game.. Just hoping Sid can stay healthy and continue
playing at his former level.. I am a hockey fan first.. a Canuck fan second. Nothing better than seeing great plays by
great players ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

This has been the most interesting, talked about, and analyzed injury in professional sports in my lifetime IMO. The whole "crisis on ice" thing was put together mainly because of Crosby's absence. I cant remember another time that so much was made over one player. Yes, he is awesome, but even the most dedicated of fans were getting sick of Crosby/concussion discussion.

I for one think he will be at 100%. Iam going to go out on a limb here and say he will not suffer another concussion that keeps him out of the line up for a significant amount of time. I think he will now be the poster boy for concussion recovery and teams will follow suit on his recovery action that was taken.

I cant wait to see the kid play again. He is the best in the world, sorry Malkin, Stamkos, Ovechkin, H & D, and Perry. This guy is the greatest in the game. It will be nice to be able to speak about his on-ice performance rather than the off-ice stuff.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

I have to quibble a little with Mr. Miyagi. Crosby was the best in the game. But he has been functionally out for 18 months. I reserve judgement on his game until he plays a few and shows that he is 100% and that his skills have returned to form.

As for the injury itself, I actually find it more revealing that the Pen's medical staff partially missed the diagnosis. Yeah there was a concussion but that wasn't the only thing going on there. With the speed of our game, the armour and such, I feel this story was at least half about how team trainers/doctors/etc need to step up their game.

I completely agree with the assessment that Crosby is the poster boy of recovery. What other athelete in hockey had the stones and the wherewithal to say "I'm not good and I'm not playing till I'm good cause I want to be able to feed myself when I'm 60" Too often players that voice health concerns are told "they lack heart".

Reminds me of another situation....
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:Iam going to go out on a limb here and say he will not suffer another concussion that keeps him out of the line up for a significant amount of time.
I hope you're right. Would be pretty sad for Sid to be knocked out of the game again this season, and IMO the questions that were so laughable earlier this year ("is he going to retire?") would have to be given serious consideration if he wants to live a normal life after hockey.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

wafflecombine said:
What other athelete in hockey had the stones and the wherewithal to say "I'm not good and I'm not playing till I'm good cause I want to be able to feed myself when I'm 60" Too often players that voice health concerns are told "they lack heart".
Maybe because his mentor and part team owner is one of the GREAT ONES? Mario had more than his share of health problems too..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

wafflecombine wrote:I have to quibble a little with Mr. Miyagi. Crosby was the best in the game. But he has been functionally out for 18 months. I reserve judgement on his game until he plays a few and shows that he is 100% and that his skills have returned to form.

As for the injury itself, I actually find it more revealing that the Pen's medical staff partially missed the diagnosis. Yeah there was a concussion but that wasn't the only thing going on there. With the speed of our game, the armour and such, I feel this story was at least half about how team trainers/doctors/etc need to step up their game.

I completely agree with the assessment that Crosby is the poster boy of recovery. What other athelete in hockey had the stones and the wherewithal to say "I'm not good and I'm not playing till I'm good cause I want to be able to feed myself when I'm 60" Too often players that voice health concerns are told "they lack heart".

Reminds me of another situation....
IMO, Crosby is still the best until

a) someone dethrones him; or
b) he retires.

Malkin is probably the closest guy to do so but he ain't no fothermucking Sidney Crosby.
jwmann2
AHL Prospect

Post by jwmann2 »

Hockey Widow wrote:Too much conspiracy theory here. The kid may only be one good hit away from never playing again.
I agree. The NHL has lost hundreds of thousands of dollars with his absence which is why they're taking a good hard look at the concussions and are considering banning fights in the NHL.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Tiger wrote:Not too concerned about the "conspiracy theories" but glad to hear "the Kid" will be playing hockey again..
Its always a pleasure to watch the "Great Ones" playing the game.. Just hoping Sid can stay healthy and continue
playing at his former level.. I am a hockey fan first.. a Canuck fan second. Nothing better than seeing great plays by
great players ..
It's not too often that I agree with Tiger "Reading Comprehension", but I'm with him on this one.