BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby wafflecombine » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:43 am

Fail for Nail!

hehehe
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Fred » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:02 am

Some good news for the Leafs, Jeff Fingers 4 year $3.5 mill is finished at the end of this season, the bad news is Darcy Tucker, remember him , still has another 2 years to go on his salary. After trying hard to pick up two first round picks in the 2011 draft both choices have been down graded by THN in their reassessment of the draft to second rounders. It's hard to make this stuff up. Gustavson, The Monster, is a UFA which leaves them with a young Reimer.

They remind you of the McDonalds commercial " I'm loving it" especally the media types in TO
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Strangelove » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Fred wrote:Some good news for the Leafs, Jeff Fingers 4 year $3.5 mill is finished at the end of this season, the bad news is Darcy Tucker, remember him , still has another 2 years to go on his salary. After trying hard to pick up two first round picks in the 2011 draft both choices have been down graded by THN in their reassessment of the draft to second rounders. It's hard to make this stuff up. Gustavson, The Monster, is a UFA which leaves them with a young Reimer.

They remind you of the McDonalds commercial " I'm loving it" especally the media types in TO


Leafers prolly don't care much about Finger because his salary did not count against the cap

(been playing for the Marlies the past 2 seasons)

(nice signing Burkie) :lol:

Looking over the salary cap chart for next season, Leaves are gonna hafta go with the same lineup next season.

(unless they choose to send down overpaid Komisarek/Connolly/Armstrong/etc)

(nice signings Burkie) :lol:
____
Big Dog
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7741
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Fred » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:13 pm

How about Daisy Phanuef maybe they can unload him and his 2 more years of $6.5 million...they could have a Weber for another million.... a real defenseman, way to go BB :D
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Topper » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fred wrote:Some good news for the Leafs, Jeff Fingers 4 year $3.5 mill is finished at the end of this season, the bad news is Darcy Tucker, remember him , still has another 2 years to go on his salary. After trying hard to pick up two first round picks in the 2011 draft both choices have been down graded by THN in their reassessment of the draft to second rounders. It's hard to make this stuff up. Gustavson, The Monster, is a UFA which leaves them with a young Reimer.

They remind you of the McDonalds commercial " I'm loving it" especally the media types in TO


Leafers prolly don't care much about Finger because his salary did not count against the cap

(been playing for the Marlies the past 2 seasons)

(nice signing Burkie) :lol:

Finger was a Fletcher signing, and everytime I hear his name, I recall this http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16043

LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5147
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Zedlee » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Burke, the emperor, has no clothes...old Blowhard has had the wind knocked out of his sails, again. Maybe this will finally put to rest the idea that Brian Burke is some kind of hockey genius. When he started with the Leafs he had a fresh 5 year contract in his pocket, a patient fan base and all the money in the world to do a proper re-build. But nope...couldn't resist the "quick fix". He'll be out of a job in less than a year, I'll bet.
Zedlee
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby DavidPratt_ » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Image

HERE'S BRIAN WITH MICHAEL LANDSBERG:

http://youtu.be/ki416DLpW7M

I GUESS IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME..... :P

TOO BAD BRIAN DIDN'T INHERIT A TEAM THAT HAD....TODD BERTUZZKI AND MARKUS NASLUND....OR J-S GIGUERE, COREY PERRY AND RYAN GETZLAF.....NOPE...HE JUST INHERITED A WEAK TEAM AND HAD TO CREATE A 'PLAN'.....WITH BUILDING BLOCKS THAT INCLUDE PHIL 'SOFTIE' KESSEL IN EXCHANGE FOR A FEW HIGH FIRST-ROUNDERS....DION PHANEUF.....JONAS 'THE MONSTER' GUSTAVSSON.....

YEAH

MARCH LORD'S STANLEY CUP DOWN YONGE STREET IN JUNE BRIAN NEXT YEAR.

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
User avatar
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:55 pm
Location: Yaletown

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Strangelove » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Topper wrote:Finger was a Fletcher signing, and everytime I hear his name, I recall this http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16043

LOL


"Who the hell is Jeff Finger??" :D

Right you are my good man, twas Fletch gave Leaves the Finger... God bless him!

Five months later Burkie replaced ole Fletcher as GM of the Leaves.

I do remember Burke pumping Badfinger's tires whilst Leaf fans were screaming 'get rid of the bum'.

But then he desperately tried to include Shitfinger in the Giguere trade.

So let's give Burkie the benefit of the doubt: he's full o shite.

Thanks to Fletch & Finger for doing their parts in screwing the Leaves over.

But no one has done a better job of that than Brian Burke and the hockey gods.
____
Big Dog
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7741
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Topper » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Who made JFJr a Hockey God?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5147
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Aaronp18 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Image
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Strangelove » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Topper wrote:Who made JFJr a Hockey God?


I'll never forgive JFJ for the Leaves making it to the 2nd round in his first year.

Long live Brian Burke!!!
____
Big Dog
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7741
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Cornuck » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Nice image Aaron! :D
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4937
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Strangelove » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:53 am

Pissed CTV reporter/Leaf-fan interviewing/grilling Leaf players:



:lol:
____
Big Dog
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7741
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby herb » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:14 am

Let's go Blue Jays
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:45 am

herb wrote:Let's go Blue Jays


Don't laugh herb it's all the TO fans have to hang their hat on.. Jays are like 21-5 this spring. Too bad those wins don't count. Still can't see Toronto Blue Jays winning more than 90 in that division.

We should have a pool to see how many times Brett Lawrie gets earholed this year. Good young player but it's clear he will need to learn about respect on the fly in the bigs.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests