BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE leaves

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE leaves

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

tantalum wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
tantalum wrote:Ever get the feeling that Burke was damn lucky GIguere was already in Anaheim?
And Getzlaf, and Perry, and Robbie N .....
Well of course but the guy is absolutely hopeless at evaluating goaltenders.
Sorry shoulda picked up on that.

As an asside his buddy DN seems to know how to draft goalies and trade for them .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Another news article to make people feel better..

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/03/14/lea ... l-disaster
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Too many cooks spoil the brothe?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote: Another news article to make people feel better..

Yes, a feel-good story if there ever was one.

What I love is how 95% of Leaf fans are defending Burkie the Master Manipulator. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Will be cheering for Philly today and the laughs on Monday . A first for me. I hope I'm not going to hell for this.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

mathonwy wrote:Another news article to make people feel better..

Good article from where I sit any way :D The amazing thing is Simmons really just dealt with the top heavy management model and didn't go in to all the poor players decissions to any real degree or thoroughness. You could write a book about the trade and over valuations of players the leaves have made.

The fact he made no mention of is the Pro scouts be it Dudley or who ever are abject failures. And their amateur scouts are not a lot better. Vancouvers amateur scouts (Delorme + Gradin ) in particular have really proved to be a pipeline. I'm not as sure about Lorne Henning he seems to be a bout 50-50
cheers
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I'm really enjoying the Sens success right now. Murray is a guy who has learned from his mistakes, and there have been plenty since he took over. But he seems to know the crucial importance of good drafting and developing, and not trading away youth and picks, and as a result only missed the playoffs twice.

Unfortunately, his decision of Redden over Chara really changed the face of the Northeast Division for the decade that followed. But, after riding a core from their youth days to their veteran days, Ottawa now has new youth coming up to take over. If the Canucks are able to get an elite prospect with a mid-1st round pick like Erik Karlsson, even if its just one player, we're far better set up to transition from the Sedins era.

Of course, Ottawa also has my support for pushing Boston out of 1st in the NE :P But its kind of moot, as it seems like the 2nd seed vs. 7th seed matchup will be Ottawa-Boston regardless.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

ESQ wrote:I'm really enjoying the Sens success right now. Murray is a guy who has learned from his mistakes, and there have been plenty since he took over. But he seems to know the crucial importance of good drafting and developing, and not trading away youth and picks, and as a result only missed the playoffs twice.

Unfortunately, his decision of Redden over Chara really changed the face of the Northeast Division for the decade that followed. But, after riding a core from their youth days to their veteran days, Ottawa now has new youth coming up to take over. If the Canucks are able to get an elite prospect with a mid-1st round pick like Erik Karlsson, even if its just one player, we're far better set up to transition from the Sedins era.

Of course, Ottawa also has my support for pushing Boston out of 1st in the NE :P But its kind of moot, as it seems like the 2nd seed vs. 7th seed matchup will be Ottawa-Boston regardless.
Yeah, I've always been a Sens proponent and its good to see them on the right track again.

Spezza's experienced a heck of a career revival, Alfy still chugging away at age 39 with 22g/28a in 67 games, Michalek FINALLY healthy and having a career year contributing 32g/20a and some nice young guys developing like Nick Foligno, Erik Condra, Kyle Turris and of course Karlsson.

They're challenging Boston for the NE lead and are WAY WAY ahead of Toronto and Montreal in the standings.

Montreal is one big cluster. They just can't seem to get their shit together and their scorers really fucked the dog this season. When your top 3 scorers are Max Pacioretty, Desharnais and Erik Cole, you know you're in trouble.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Not to kick a guy when he's down but I see in THN an article when they re done the 2011 draft and both BB picks have now been moved out of the first round all together :D

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/4 ... round.html

How long can this go on for

Jensen was moved up 2 spots :D
cheers
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

HEH....I TOLD YOU KIDS THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN....

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

DavidPratt_ wrote:HEH....I TOLD YOU KIDS THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN....

DP
Gregor for Mayor!
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Fred wrote:Not to kick a guy when he's down but I see in THN an article when they re done the 2011 draft and both BB picks have now been moved out of the first round all together :D

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/4 ... round.html

How long can this go on for

Jensen was moved up 2 spots :D
Baertschi only up 2? Oh yeah, play in the West.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

HOW ABOUT THEM leaves?

:lol:

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

DavidPratt_ wrote:HOW ABOUT THEM leaves?

DP
7 years and counting since they made the play-offs :lol:
cheers
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

DavidPratt_ wrote:HOW ABOUT THEM leaves?

DP
Moron, we say that every year Since 1967™

Doesn't matter about the GM or the dipshit media 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)