BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE leaves

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: BRIAN BURKE'S TORONTO MAPLE leaves

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

DavidPratt_ wrote:I COME FROM A GENERATION WHERE THE COACH WAS KING. YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND DO WHAT HE SAID.

PERIOD

IF YOU TALKED BACK, YOU WERE SHUNNED BY THE REST OF THE TEAM AS BEING SELFISH. THAT WAS IT. THE COACH'S WORD WAS LAW AND YOU HAD TO BE 'MAN' ENOUGH TO TAKE IT.

EVEN A GUY LIKE ME UNDERSTANDS THAT IN 2012, TIMES HAVE CHANGED. AGENTS HAVE A LOT MORE POWER. THE YOUNG GENERATION USES FACEBOOK, TWITTER, YOU NAME IT.

THE GOOD COACHES KNOW WHEN TO PUSH ACCOUNTABILITY, BUT ALSO KNOW WHEN TO PULL BACK.

DP

You're barking a bit big for someone who has never played organized sports.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Yeah but Blob it doesn't mean he's wrong. He on the other hand he is likely to have been around more NHL dressing rooms and NHL coaches and NHL players than many of us. You have to be one sandwich short of a pinic not to be able to read what's happening in front of you.

It's like teachers preparing children for the future they have in the work force ...here are people that go to school, then go to teachers training collage and then back to the classroom spouting about what has to be done to prepare students for the future work prospects...how would they know :D

One thing for sure in every day life this is a new era, some thing like the industrial revolution but bigger. When I was 15 I had to learn the Morse code and semaphore.... :D :D so the chnage is not that long ago
cheers
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Pratt probably thinks finding the caps locks button is a sport...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:I COME FROM A GENERATION WHERE THE COACH WAS KING. YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND DO WHAT HE SAID.

PERIOD

IF YOU TALKED BACK, YOU WERE SHUNNED BY THE REST OF THE TEAM AS BEING SELFISH. THAT WAS IT. THE COACH'S WORD WAS LAW AND YOU HAD TO BE 'MAN' ENOUGH TO TAKE IT.

EVEN A GUY LIKE ME UNDERSTANDS THAT IN 2012, TIMES HAVE CHANGED. AGENTS HAVE A LOT MORE POWER. THE YOUNG GENERATION USES FACEBOOK, TWITTER, YOU NAME IT.

THE GOOD COACHES KNOW WHEN TO PUSH ACCOUNTABILITY, BUT ALSO KNOW WHEN TO PULL BACK.

DP

This thread reminds me of the joke we use to pull on people where you make them talk about cows and then the feel stupid talking about cows for so long. 8-)

who the fuck cares about brian burke and the toronto maple leaves?!

I live in the fucking city and i don't give them any energy, they are that pathetic, and we are, sorry some Drama Prince (Queen?! :look: ) keeps going on and on about him like a bitter bitch that got left at the alter...who the fuck cares? Just because HNIC fucktards talk about it incessantly doesn't mean we have to.
They aren't even in the god damn playoffs...

Can we lock this thread as being off topic of (Real Professional) hockey? :mex:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Arachnid wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

PERIOD

DP

This thread reminds me of the joke we use to pull on people where you make them talk about cows and then the feel stupid talking about cows for so long. 8-)

who the fuck cares about brian burke and the toronto maple leaves?!

I live in the fucking city and i don't give them any energy, they are that pathetic, and we are, sorry some Drama Prince (Queen?! :look: ) keeps going on and on about him like a bitter bitch that got left at the alter...who the fuck cares? Just because HNIC fucktards talk about it incessantly doesn't mean we have to.
They aren't even in the god damn playoffs...

Can we lock this thread as being off topic of (Real Professional) hockey? :mex:

I for one dont give a rats ass about the leaves and their disfunctional way of operating, but when an asshole like Burke tries to get Cherry fired simply because he has the balls to criticize Burke, then ya this thread is relevent
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

PLAYED SOME HIGH-SCHOOL FOOTBALL BLOB IN THE EARLY 70'S.

CHASING COUGARS IS A TEAM SPORT IF YOU HAVE A WINGMAN ;)

DP
Last edited by DavidPratt_ on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

GRAPES IS NOT THE FIRST GUY BRIAN HAS TRIED TO GET FIRED.

TRUST ME ON THAT.

DP

okcanuck wrote:

I for one dont give a rats ass about the leaves and their disfunctional way of operating, but when an asshole like Burke tries to get Cherry fired simply because he has the balls to criticize Burke, then ya this thread is relevent

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I welcome a thread to discuss Canada's hockey team and all of its dysfunction.

Even though we got Cup angst, us Vancouver Canucks fans have been pretty blessed in terms of organizational leadership.

It's fun to see how one of the most visible hockey teams in the league has been run into the ground and what BB is doing to try to lead it to prominence again.

While I take great pleasure at seeing the Laughs fail (based on the fact that if you're a REAL Canuck fan, then you MUST hate the Laughs), I think it would be pretty cool to have lots of powerful Canadian teams in the hunt and subsequently take hockey madness in Canada to the next level.

We're pretty damn passionate about our hockey as it is, imagine if all Canadian teams were legitimate playoff teams? That would absolutely insane (in a good way) :)
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH THIS.... :|
mathonwy wrote:I welcome a thread to discuss Canada's hockey team and all of its dysfunction.

Even though we got Cup angst, us Vancouver Canucks fans have been pretty blessed in terms of organizational leadership.

It's fun to see how one of the most visible hockey teams in the league has been run into the ground and what BB is doing to try to lead it to prominence again.

While I take great pleasure at seeing the Laughs fail (based on the fact that if you're a REAL Canuck fan, then you MUST hate the Laughs), I think it would be pretty cool to have lots of powerful Canadian teams in the hunt and subsequently take hockey madness in Canada to the next level.

We're pretty damn passionate about our hockey as it is, imagine if all Canadian teams were legitimate playoff teams? That would absolutely insane (in a good way) :)

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote: I have always been kind of proud of all the drug induced brain damage I can lay claim to. It has no mortgage. It just keeps on giving a place for me to live.

The early christ person was very much like the Taliban: Ready to die for the faith and that includes getting eaten by wild animals in front of drunken crowds which has prepped him well for pro hockey.

I had five (5) lines in a row so
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
ESQ wrote:If your team is going to improve, you need to keep your good players on below-market contracts, then over-pay slightly to add in the free agent market. You can't overpay your own players. Unfortunately, that's part of the Burke/Nonis MO.
WHEN GRABOVSKI'S AGENT HEARD BRIAN BURKE SAY AT A PRESS CONFERENCE "I DON'T LIKE COACHES WHO ARE WARM AND FUZZY, THE GAME SHOULDN'T BE FUN...THE COACHES CAN'T COME DOWN AND SAY YOU HAD A GREAT SHIFT. MOST OF THE FEEDBACK YOU GET FROM A COACH IN THE CONTEST IS NEGATIVE, AND I DON'T WANT IT ANOTHER WAY."

.......GRABOVSKI'S AGENT ASKED FOR ANOTHER 20% OF WHAT THEY WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED ;)
Good point and funny too.

Nice work Captain Capslock! :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doctor....lmao
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Strangelove wrote: Good point and funny too.

I approve of this.

Captain Capslock it is.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:

I approve of this.

Captain Capslock it is.
Slapscock is more like it! 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
mathonwy wrote:

I approve of this.

Captain Capslock it is.
Slapscock is more like it! 8-)
Oh no you di'n't! :shock:

Maybe I'm too nice but I prefer Captain Capslock.... or Old Yeller. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.