Canucks get Zack Kassian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks get Zack Kassian

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:52 pm

RoyalDude wrote:With Booth coming back, any money on Kassian getting sent down to Chicago for a conditioning stint if his minutes start dwindling do to lackluster play?

Ridiculous notion.

Yes he has had a couple bad games. If you really think it's a good idea to bury him in Chicago for two bad games I'm not sure what to say here.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:15 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:With Booth coming back, any money on Kassian getting sent down to Chicago for a conditioning stint if his minutes start dwindling do to lackluster play?

Ridiculous notion.

Yes he has had a couple bad games. If you really think it's a good idea to bury him in Chicago for two bad games I'm not sure what to say here.

So replace skill with Don Cherry approved, lunch bucket, blue collar, stone hand Muckers? A team full of 3rd line talent to go along with the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows? Don't we have troubles scoring?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Kassian doesn't have stone hands. He has soft hands. He is still tied for the team lead in goals despite the fact the coach bounces him around the lineup like an Indian rubber ball.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:43 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Ridiculous notion.

So replace skill with Don Cherry approved, lunch bucket, blue collar, stone hand Muckers? A team full of 3rd line talent to go along with the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows? Don't we have troubles scoring?

Are you drunk?

Seriously Dude, what are you even saying??

Are you saying Kassian is a "stone hand Mucker"?

And if so, who are you suggesting we replace him with?

I know English is not your first language, but BUDDY you're digressing continuously....
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby The_Pauser » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Kassian doesn't have stone hands. He has soft hands. He is still tied for the team lead in goals despite the fact the coach bounces him around the lineup like an Indian rubber ball.

Which disturbs me and is a testament to how bad offensively this team is. It's no wonder we have trouble scoring in the playoffs, and will have trouble scoring in the playoffs again (of course, maybe we could always add another defensive 3C like Blob suggested in the other thread...more defensive centers will help us scoring).

Kassian in a bottom 6 role right now doesn't bother me at all. There's room for both Booth and Kassian on this team.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:51 pm

you are preaching to the choir about how this team needs a goal scorer. I really hope Gillis does more than tweak this group up front at or before the deadline. As it is I don't see them beating the Hawks or Blues in the 2nd or third rounds. San Jose also has a shitload of weapons though they are a little weak on the ass end.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Diehard1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:you are preaching to the choir about how this team needs a goal scorer. I really hope Gillis does more than tweak this group up front at or before the deadline. As it is I don't see them beating the Hawks or Blues in the 2nd or third rounds. San Jose also has a shitload of weapons though they are a little weak on the ass end.

The Blues don't scare me, though the fact I'd be forced to watch at least 4 games against that team scares me - Hitch's teams are some of the least entertaining I've ever seen. I just don't see them as a big threat yet.

The Hawks rely so heavily on 5 guys (Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook) that even one of them hobbled will really hurt them. All those Guys play huge minutes and thy really don't have the depth that some of the other contenders do, Van amongst them. Really good top end, middle isn't so great. They are actually the team I would live to play, hopefully in the conference finals, as they are great games to watch. Sharks need a leadership change, they don't scare me at all.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby rats19 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:22 am

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=656579

sounds like the guys all like each other....good stuff
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Arachnid » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Sure could use CoHo and his 24 center points.....just say'n....he probably misses being on a team that's any good.....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8474570
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Reefer2 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Arachnid wrote:Sure could use CoHo and his 24 center points.....just say'n....he probably misses being on a team that's any good.....

I was thinking the same thing, looking back I wish there was a way to have made it work.
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Diehard1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Sure could use CoHo and his 24 center points.....just say'n....he probably misses being on a team that's any good.....

I was thinking the same thing, looking back I wish there was a way to have made it work.

We've moved on - Hodson was traded so he's no longer an option. Gillis made the bold move to trade him, I didn't mind it then and I'm still fine with it.

I'm not fine with not replacing him in the lineup - get off your ass and get a center Gillis. If it's Derek Roy that's fine, if not just get someone who can win the odd faceoff and play in the middle. Way too many wingers on this team - Daniel, Burr, Raymond, Higgins, Booth, Kassian, Jannik are all top 9 guys, and the top prospect on the team is a winger too. Time to package one or two with a draft pick and get somebody good - you can't keep them all next year anyway.

I know I keep harping on this, perhaps at some point my wish will come true if I keep saying it.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Gillis is gettin some bad karma of late, it must pain him to see CoHo lighting it up just when he could use a centre and some offense. CoHo pots 2 goals tonight giving him 12 on the year. I guess Buffalo's winning that trade at the moment, Kass is gonna have to start steppin it up a little bit. I Still like Kassian though but man ya just don't give away good young centres as they are near impossible to find. Wingers are a dime a dozen.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Laughing @ Diehard as he paddles through the river of urine.

I'm going to cough up for a case of diapers for the dude and his crew.........Pampers or Huggies fellas ?? :stupid:
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 pm

I liked Coho alot and really dreaded it when MG made that trade. I'm glad to see Coho doing well and I always thot Coho has more upside to become a star player, but Kass brings the much needed grit that this team is sorely missing. It's still early to judge this trade though.

I totally agree with ya though, the canucks could really use help @ centre ice right now, especially with Kes injured and Malhotra sidelined. Only having 2/4 of the centres we were planning to have by now really blows. Higgins looked decent @ centre, I am more comfortable with him there than MayRay. Ebbett might be a decent band-aid guy for now to use up and down the lineup, but it'd be nice to get a veteran centreman to help out in the short-term. It doesn't have to be a superstar or anything and a rental guy would be great, but not I am not sure who is really available right now.

Diehard1 wrote:We've moved on - Hodson was traded so he's no longer an option. Gillis made the bold move to trade him, I didn't mind it then and I'm still fine with it.

I'm not fine with not replacing him in the lineup - get off your ass and get a center Gillis. If it's Derek Roy that's fine, if not just get someone who can win the odd faceoff and play in the middle. Way too many wingers on this team - Daniel, Burr, Raymond, Higgins, Booth, Kassian, Jannik are all top 9 guys, and the top prospect on the team is a winger too. Time to package one or two with a draft pick and get somebody good - you can't keep them all next year anyway.

I know I keep harping on this, perhaps at some point my wish will come true if I keep saying it.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Arachnid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:38 am

I certainly didn't mean to stir the pot :lol:

Yeah, with lack of depth of centre it sucks but I, in no way, regret the trade that sent that whiny little bitch of a man-boy to loserville Buffalo....he is a defensive liability and a locker room cancer that we don't need or want....it was more lamenting the loss of Kesler than anything...

Zack on the other hand has become a fan and teammate favourite...willing to do the dirty work that most don't respect or want to do :D
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat