Canucks get Zack Kassian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks get Zack Kassian

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:02 pm

I worry that ole Zack might not be there in the head and the heart. Can you imagine if this guy had Stan Smyl's passion for balls to the wall work ethic every shift? The games that I have seen of Kassian, he is a frustrating player, gives flashes here and there but for the most part he is pretty much not all that noticeable.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Jovocop » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:49 pm

RoyalDude wrote:I worry that ole Zack might not be there in the head and the heart. Can you imagine if this guy had Stan Smyl's passion for balls to the wall work ethic every shift? The games that I have seen of Kassian, he is a frustrating player, gives flashes here and there but for the most part he is pretty much not all that noticeable.

Not trying to compare Kassian to Bertuzzi, however, the similarities are there. Bertuzzi did not blossom into a star player until he was 26 and playing next to Naslund. Kassian is still a kid who needs time to mature. Give him some time, perhaps Schroeder and Kassian could be a Bertuzzi and Naslund lite. ;)
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 pm

I would take a Ryane Clowe type, an Andrew Ladd type, a Milan Lucic type ( but not quite as physically intimidating), a David Clarkson type etc.... If Kassian can kick in 40 - 55 points play on the 2nd line or at worst the 3rd and not be a liability he will be good player.

I swear Pacific Blue will be disappointed if he doesn't turn into Eric Lindros, Cam Neely and Mark Messier all rolled into one.

RD probably thinks anything less than ten straight years of 90 - 110 points, 200 pims, + 30 , 200 hits, 20 fights and winning at least 16 of them is a crappy career.

Zack Kassian 1254 GP 583 G 790 A 1373 P 2534 PIM
2 or 3 cups , a couple hundred playoff games and he walks old ladies and mongoloids to their cars after the games.

Come on kid fucking get on it.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Tciso » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:59 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Zack Kassian 1254 GP 583 G 790 A 1373 P 2534 PIM
2 or 3 cups , a couple hundred playoff games and he walks old ladies and mongoloids to their cars after the games.

Come on kid fucking get on it.

Of course RD hates him. He walked the Mongoloid to his car first, and left the old lady stranded for 5 minutes. The insensitive, heartless Bastard!!!

:D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:30 pm

OK, if Zack Kassian doesn't start getting his shit together soon, Gillis needs to be fired. Apparently Zack is shitting the bed again tonight.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Fred » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:15 pm

Yeah I suppose Buffalo are having a laugh. That`s the reason they traded him, his inability to produce on a consistent basis. The problem with him playing in the AHL is he`s surrounded by players in a similar position, that`s why they are in part in the AHL and not the NHL. Definitely seems to be a problem between the ears. In some cases it`s big players that dominated to young in their lives, Play when they want to. I don`t know how you cure that...on the ice or on the couch of a psychiatrist office

One question that never comes up is how come the agents are never accountable. The players always blaming the owners for signing dumb contracts, but the fact is agents are for ever playing one team off against another and asking for unreasonable contracts from all parties - teams Frankly the players just wash their hands of any responsibility. Who me ...naw .. i just let my agent take care of those details. Yeah Dick head he`s doing all your dirty work behind the scenes so you don`t need to accept any responsibility
cheers
Fred
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:05 pm

Yeah, we seem to be like a toilet bowl to take on Buffalo's shit. If Buffalo wants to get rid of some shitty players, as long as they have a bit of size, we seem all too happy to take them on. All Buffalo has to do is take a dump and flush them towards Vancouver's way. First Pyatt, then Bernier and now Kassian. Just like Quinn's drafting style, our management always has a hard on for size and they fail to look at anything else. Trade Kassian now while we can still get something and ppl still think he has some potential or else we'll end up with another bag of pucks in a couple years. :lol:

Funny. Pyatt, nice touch for a big man, but a gentle giant. Bernier, good work ethic and good team guy, but too slow. Kass, plays a good physical game, but too inconsistent and seems to be missing hockey IQ. if we can ever genetically take out the good traits of Pyatt, Bernier and Kass and put it in one guy, we'd have the ultimate powerfoward. *LOL*

Fred wrote:Yeah I suppose Buffalo are having a laugh. That`s the reason they traded him, his inability to produce on a consistent basis.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Kass, plays a good physical game, but too inconsistent and seems to be missing hockey IQ.

I don't think that's his game at all. He's more of a skilled big man who hasn't grown into his body yet. I watch him pretty regularly(except tonight...damn it) and see a real sweet touch on the puck. If anything, I think he needs to add a more consistent physical element to his game and drive through a few defenders rather than dangle around them. When he can figure that all out...look out.
For now, lets let the kid grow and develop a bit before we dub him the next Sandlak/Pyatt/Bernier. Detroits good prospects are all 23-24 years old and they're just now starting to take it to the next level. Lets talk after next season...
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:For now, lets let the kid grow and develop a bit before we dub him the next Sandlak/Pyatt/Bernier.

No doubt eh, only in Vancouver....

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Kass, plays a good physical game, but too inconsistent and seems to be missing hockey IQ.

I don't think that's his game at all. He's more of a skilled big man who hasn't grown into his body yet. I watch him pretty regularly(except tonight...damn it) and see a real sweet touch on the puck. If anything, I think he needs to add a more consistent physical element to his game and drive through a few defenders rather than dangle around them. When he can figure that all out...look out.
For now, lets let the kid grow and develop a bit before we dub him the next Sandlak/Pyatt/Bernier. Detroits good prospects are all 23-24 years old and they're just now starting to take it to the next level. Lets talk after next season...

Meh....haters gonna hate. These guys probably have seen him play two periods of hockey at best . Consider the source UDL.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:03 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

Meh....haters gonna hate. These guys probably have seen him play two periods of hockey at best . Consider the source UDL.

I don't hate, Barry Mac....I love. The Canucks are my team, it's just that there is a moron at the helm of the team who is a terrible judge of talent when it comes to drafting and trading. He has put this team in the bottom 3 of the NHL in prospect rankings and outside of Hamhius (a no-brainer, easy peasy acquisition), he has done a terrible job at adding to the fantastic core he has inherited. When Gillis was hired he waxed on about how he is a fan of players with a high IQ but since his hiring he has brought in players of low IQ, ie Bernier, Ballard, Booth, Lappiere, Higgins and Kassian. What's the deal? Gillis talks out of his rear, a total bullshitter.
RoyalDude
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:26 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
I don't hate, Barry Mac....I love. The Canucks are my team, it's just that there is a moron at the helm of the team who is a terrible judge of talent when it comes to drafting and trading. He has put this team in the bottom 3 of the NHL in prospect rankings and outside of Hamhius (a no-brainer, easy peasy acquisition), he has done a terrible job at adding to the fantastic core he has inherited. When Gillis was hired he waxed on about how he is a fan of players with a high IQ but since his hiring he has brought in players of low IQ, ie Bernier, Ballard, Booth, Lappiere, Higgins and Kassian. What's the deal? Gillis talks out of his rear, a total bullshitter.

He has also established an in house pay scale where superstars are retained and signed for decent cap hit numbers. Other than Luongo(a proven superstar at the time of signing), he hasn't thrown out insane contracts and overpayed like many GMs for whom you seem to feel have done a better job.

He has been honest to potential free agents(see Justin Shultz) to a fault which can only pay dividends down the road where being a man of your word may be the difference between signing here or elsewhere. If he had decided to con JS, he most likely would be Canuck property right now and we would all be waxing on about him being a genius. He took the high road and maybe we are weaker as a team prospect wise but he won't be accused of being a bullshitter as if he had lied to the Shultz camp.

He has consistently iced a top team that regularly has a shot at winning it all. This is the most telling sign of all IMHO. The teams who seem to be flush with the most prospects are almost exclusively the ones who have been sucking and dreaming of having what the Canucks have had for the past number of years, success.

He has definitely made some errors of course(Ballard) but honestly, what we have now is among the top management teams in the NHL. They spare no expense on development and treating these guys like gold. They are regarded as a class organization and are a top destination for free agents.
Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:He has consistently iced a top team that regularly has a shot at winning it all. This is the most telling sign of all IMHO. The teams who seem to be flush with the most prospects are almost exclusively the ones who have been sucking and dreaming of having what the Canucks have had for the past number of years, success.

THIS.

My good buddy RD is obsessed enough with "prospect rankings" to fit right in at HF.

But why dream of possible futures when your team is a Cup contender in the reality of the now?

I agree with RD's low IQ assessment of Bernier, Ballard, and Booth.

Disagree in regards to Lappy, Higgins and Kassian.

But even if the Dude is right, only 5 dummies on your NHL team??

Not too shabby..... :mex:

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Strangelove wrote:My good buddy RD is obsessed enough with "prospect rankings" to fit right in at HF.

Who would want to fit in at HF boards? It's a fucking mess. Guys with 8000 posts in 6 months and other guys like the pauser with 35 k in 6 years. Gesus Christ, get a life.

The HF rating system is also a fucking lark. Who exactly are these cats and what are their qualifications to rate young hockey players? Do they regularly attend junior games and minor pro games? Not fucking likely . Do they have a background in the game..... ie having played junior and having a few connections in the game. Again not fucking likely. I may as well ask Farhan and Sr sez what they think of a fucking prospect because they are every bit as qualified as the waterheads that write for that site.

What kills me is whenever you bring up the lack of credibility of these assholes to RD and his posse they skirt the subject like it's a piece of dogshit. They are happy to parrot what these hacks at hf say but they scatter like weasals to a hole when anyone questions the chops of the hf "scouts" . As i said these are the same assholes who said Vancouver's prospects were godawful in 2005-06. How did that turn out ???
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Tciso » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Strangelove wrote:My good buddy RD is obsessed enough with "prospect rankings" to fit right in at HF.
But why dream of possible futures when your team is a Cup contender in the reality of the now?
But even if the Dude is right, only 5 dummies on your NHL team??
Not too shabby..... :mex:

Not sure I even agree with Ballard and Booth. Remember when Alberts came in with what, 20 games left in the season, and looked like a pylon. Give him a full training camp, and yes, he's still slow, but he's positionally competent as a #6/7 D-man. Ballard looks bad/stupid, as he is never allowed to play to his strengths (a coaching error, imo) and usually on his off-wing, and Booth has never been healthy as a Canuck, so always looked bad. BXA is the dumbest hockey IQ on the team right now, imo, and even then, it's only a shift here and there when he seems to forget how to play.

I think the Canucks are a pretty smart team. Nobody has the "Special" moniker :D :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC 1st Team All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat