Trade Deadline Discussion

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trade Deadline Discussion

Post by Potatoe1 »

Fred wrote: Gentlemen what you see is what you get, MG has shot his bolt with Booth. If there's any religous folks out there now is the time to speak to your God (s) :D
Funny, I thought Booth was pretty much exactly the type of player we were missing from the top6 on last years playoff run.

Not sure how filling a very clear need is akin to "shooting our bolt" but I guess people really are buying the nonsense that a lack of fighters was what cost us the cup.

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I guess another option is to spend Aquaman's money on more trainers, masseuses, doctors, etc.

Healthy, we'll be fine.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

More fighters in the press box and everything will be A OK.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fred wrote: If this roster is going to change before the play-offs me think's it will have to be via trade. Gilman might be a genius but i don't see him producing adequate space to acquire a top 6 forward or a top 4 D without clearing space first and fore most. For instance the Bruins have $3+ million plus available, Philly have $4.6 The Rangers...the RANGERS have $5.5
TRADE ALERT!!!

Keith Ballard is a healthy scratch tonight (Sulzer, Alberts, Rome all playing)

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg....
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Cornuck wrote:I guess another option is to spend Aquaman's money on more trainers, masseuses, doctors, etc.

Healthy, we'll be fine.

I agree, when healthy the blue line is fine.

The problem is that there is probably a 99% chance we lose a top4 defenseman during the playoffs and apparently AV does not see Ballard as being capable of moving up.

Last season we basically had 5 guys that AV felt comfortable using in the top4 but with Ehrhoff gone that luxury is no longer.

Frankly the whole situation is fairly frustrating.

Ballard quite simply should not be here.

When a guy makes 4.25 and his coach scratches him in the finals over a rookie, that players GM should do everything possible to move him. There was no indication however that GMMG did anything of the sort. Apparently instead of working the phones and trying to find Keith a new home, he was on with his agent and promising him that Keith would not be moved..

I'm all for giving second chances, but there is a point of no return sometimes and being scratched in the final is IMO pretty much that point.

For the record I think Ballard has been pretty good the past month and a half but Sultzer getting Salo's spot after the injury and Ballard not playing tonight pretty much speaks volumes about how the coaches feel about this player.

CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

See pot thats why I think were missing something here, I injury, maintaince day or trade.(lol at da goooood docta)

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I have to agree with Pot that the defensive situations is frustrating.

How there can be such a disconnect between how management and the coaching staff value a guy is beyond me. Obviously Gillis felt pretty high on Ballard given the trade and the contract he was acquiring. Not moving Ballard in the off season after the coaches all but kicked him off the team was affirmation of management's feelings regarding this player.

Like I said in another thread, it's bizarre.

Good to see that Fred is back on his Booth soapbox. The guy has been injured for five weeks so I guess it's time to slag him.

Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

CorranHorn wrote:See pot thats why I think were missing something here, I injury, maintaince day or trade.(lol at da goooood docta)
I can see AV's love for Rome. Unless Ballard is hurt, both Alberts and Sulzer are ahead of Ballard. That is very sick.

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Cornuck wrote:I guess another option is to spend Aquaman's money on more trainers, masseuses, doctors, etc.

Healthy, we'll be fine.
Don't forget yoga instructors.

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

And massage therapists with happy endings. :lol:

mathonwy wrote:

Healthy, we'll be fine.
Don't forget yoga instructors.

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Whats with the Tim Gleason love affair? He's barely 6'0? One of the reasons Ballard is in and out of the line-up is cause we already have two smallish defenseman in Bieksa and Hamhius. What is the sense in bringing in another 6 footer D-man? It don't make no sense, man.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Gleason is 6ft 1 , 214. Carry on Pacific Blue.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Fred wrote: If this roster is going to change before the play-offs me think's it will have to be via trade. Gilman might be a genius but i don't see him producing adequate space to acquire a top 6 forward or a top 4 D without clearing space first and fore most. For instance the Bruins have $3+ million plus available, Philly have $4.6 The Rangers...the RANGERS have $5.5
TRADE ALERT!!!

Keith Ballard is a healthy scratch tonight (Sulzer, Alberts, Rome all playing)

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg....
Ballard and Cody for Marchand and Ference
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:Whats with the Tim Gleason love affair? He's barely 6'0? One of the reasons Ballard is in and out of the line-up is cause we already have two smallish defenseman in Bieksa and Hamhius. What is the sense in bringing in another 6 footer D-man? It don't make no sense, man.
Bieksa is not the biggest guy out there. However, he is definitely not a small defenseman. As I said, Gleason is not a big guy but he is not afraid to mix it up.

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Gleason is 6ft 1 , 214. Carry on Pacific Blue.
Wikipedia and TSN have him at 6'0 Blobby. Stop padding those numbers will ya.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate