I wonder...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Would more people read/post in the WJC thread if it were in the Canucks Corner Chat section?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:06 pm

Yes, definitely.
50%
I dunno, possibly.
28%
No, nobody gives a shit either way.
22%

Total votes: 18

Per
MVP
MVP

I wonder...

Post by Per »

The seemingly complete disinterest in the upcoming WJC got me wondering...

Seeing that there are still topics from like 2005 in the Team Canada section, it would seem to be the Saskatchewan of this god damned hockey talk message board. Would it perhaps be better to remove the Team Canada section and merge it with the C-C-Chat?

Thus the poll.

Edit: At second glance, there are actually even three topics from 2004 on the first page of the Team Canada section. Wow. My bad. But you definitely see a lot of tumbleweeds go by there... :?
Last edited by Per on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Farhan Lalji

Re: I wonder...

Post by Farhan Lalji »

This is just me, but I honestly don't care about the World Junior Championships. I no longer care about CFL Football, I don't care about the NBA, I don't care about ATP Tennis, I don't care about MLB Baseball, and I don't even care about Olympic Hockey. I am also reaching a point where I don't care about the NHL regular season, winning the division, winning the conference, and making the 3rd round.

Why? Because - I have been there and done that. Or rather - been there and seen that. How many times can I watch Canada win the WJC and be satisfied? I have seen all of my favorite athletes and teams win the championships of their respective sports......except for two.

1) NFL Football - Seattle Sea Hawks (which I don't really care too much about).

2) NHL - Vancouver Canucks.....which as everyone should know by now, is something I eat, sleep, and breathe.

All I have left to see is a Stanley Cup victory by the Vancouver Canucks.....and that is all that matters to me.

I will literally die a happy man if this ONE thing occurs. Period.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Then the repeat......lofl farhan, merry Xmas
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

myself,I love watching the world juniors over the holidays.I don't usually know much about the players and therefore don't have much to comment on other than the games maybe.
Tournament hockey is great,I love the win or lose it all in 1 game thing. I find it makes for some intense games.

I don't think it would hurt starting a WJC thread here,the mods seem pretty easygoing as long as the discussion is hockey related and somewhat respectful :lol:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

dangler wrote:myself,I love watching the world juniors over the holidays.I don't usually know much about the players and therefore don't have much to comment on other than the games maybe.
Tournament hockey is great,I love the win or lose it all in 1 game thing. I find it makes for some intense games.

I don't think it would hurt starting a WJC thread here,the mods seem pretty easygoing as long as the discussion is hockey related and somewhat respectful :lol:
Well, sure, but there is already a WJC thread in the Team Canada section, but it's not seeing a lot of action. So I started wondering, is any one (besides me) ever visiting the Team Canada section? :?
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

I love the WJC - yup, just another Canadian suckered in by the TSN marketing!

I hadn't looked in the Team Canada forum - ooops.

I don't mind having it separate or in the same forum, myself... I'll visit that forum to check it out.

Go Jensen!

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

As far as finding new posts is concerned, just use the 'new posts' link near the top of the forum.

I'd like to see the WJC on TV down here.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Cornuck - do you get the NHL Network via cable/satellite?

They are televising most of the games live via retransmission of the TSN feed I think.

Here is the NHL Network USA listings showing the Canada-Finland game on the 26th:

NHL Network

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Thanks - I didn't have it last year, but wiil check it out for sure.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

You forgot the option: Who gives a shit about whether or not people would post regardless of location.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote:You forgot the option: Who gives a shit about whether or not people would post regardless of location.
Nah, I figure that's covered by the nobody gives a shit either way option. Sure, it's at the extreme of that spectrum, but still.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

From what I've seen in the Media the WJC has not had a lot of interest. It is still sold out I believe some thing like 600K tickets sold.

Canada does n't seem to have a goal tender
cheers
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

So, out of the 15 people who have voted so far, 60% believe there would be more interest in the WJC thread if it weren't tucked away in a separate forum.

I actually think that even a slight change, like putting the Team Canada forum above the Water Cooler in the listing, would help.

And from a personal perspective I'd like a broader frame, like International Hockey, but I guess the majority here are Canadians... :?

Still. Now Team Canada is a sub-section under Team Canada. It could have been a sub-section under International Hockey, and then you could post KHL, European Trophy, and other non-NHL stuff there as well. Just a thought.
BCReefer
CC Veteran

Post by BCReefer »

I also don't really care much about the juniors, seen it so many times that it is boring.

If it was in Europe and more teams or more difficult for the Canadian team then maybe.

regular season of the Canucks - who cares really, I want to see how they do the playoffs now and anything short of a 3rd round or SC final is considered to be a failure of a season IMO.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

BCReefer wrote:I also don't really care much about the juniors, seen it so many times that it is boring.

If it was in Europe and more teams or more difficult for the Canadian team then maybe.

regular season of the Canucks - who cares really, I want to see how they do the playoffs now and anything short of a 3rd round or SC final is considered to be a failure of a season IMO.
Well, I'll be watching Sweden's semi final tonight at least.

And if I'm not mistaken it will be held in Sweden two years from now.

Wait.

Yup.

2012 CANADA, Calgary & Edmonton
2013 RUSSIA, Ufa
2014 SWEDEN, Malmö
2015 CANADA, TBA