Bolland takes shot at Sedin

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Re: Bolland takes shot at Sedin

Post by Fred »

What sort of puzzles me is why would a club promote these sort of outbursts from their players. It makes the entire organization look second class. When you look at Bolland and Kane who would want your entire organization to be judged by those 2 guys

You can say what you like about the Canucks but they strike you as classy. If I was Aquallini I'd be proud of the management, trainers, players etc.

How do players like Toews/Seabrooke feel having their reputation being soiled by Kanes and his beating a cab driver for a quarter or Bolland making sleazy comments
cheers
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Different strokes for different folks....you are looking at it from a professional classy point of view...stop it..stop it right now..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Fred wrote:What sort of puzzles me is why would a club promote these sort of outbursts from their players. It makes the entire organization look second class. When you look at Bolland and Kane who would want your entire organization to be judged by those 2 guys

You can say what you like about the Canucks but they strike you as classy. If I was Aquallini I'd be proud of the management, trainers, players etc.

How do players like Toews/Seabrooke feel having their reputation being soiled by Kanes and his beating a cab driver for a quarter or Bolland making sleazy comments
Toews is not anything better than Kanes or Bollard.
"Everybody wants to look at the stats all year and talk about what they do well and how good of a team they are," Toews said. "And that's what's frustrating because we're not exposing them for what they really are. And I think a lot of people outside of this locker room are giving them too much credit and maybe we are as well.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

So I guess someone from the Blackhawks PR department tracked Bolland down:
“I’ve got the utmost respect for the Sedin twins and for Alain Vigneault and all the Vancouver Canucks,” Bolland said. “It was just a little bit of tongue-in-cheek that we had at the little radio show with some of the fans. I’ve got the utmost respect for Vancouver and what they do and what they do on the ice and how they do it. Both of us have a great rivalry going during this season.”
Link
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

dbr wrote:So I guess someone from the Blackhawks PR department tracked Bolland down:
“I’ve got the utmost respect for the Sedin twins and for Alain Vigneault and all the Vancouver Canucks,” Bolland said. “It was just a little bit of tongue-in-cheek that we had at the little radio show with some of the fans. I’ve got the utmost respect for Vancouver and what they do and what they do on the ice and how they do it. Both of us have a great rivalry going during this season.”
Link
LOL! :lol:

I mean, that just makes him look even more foolish... just when you thought thatbwasm't possible... :roll:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Hmmm... interesting. In some ways, Bolland sounded like an unpopular school kid getting urged-on by the other kids (in this case the radio hosts... who LIVE for that kind of crap).

Meanwhile, I'm finding the fact the league doesn't denounce this personal attack crap to be yet another black mark on their impressive resume. The NHL is rapidly approaching the WWE.

and as Jovocop notes: "by winning a Stanley Cup, these clowns will change their attitude?? I don't think so. " Sadly,I think he's right. But who would you rather your kid emulate? Dave Bolland and 99% of the rest of the league, or one of the Sedins?
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Incidentally, Daniel won the Ted Lindsay award last year as voted by the *$%&%@ NHLPA. This crap is pissing me off. I suppose that's my own problem, but I'd like to launch Milbury at Bolland at each other particle-accelerator style and see what sort of pieces fly off in the collision.... mostly excrement, I suspect.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I thought the Lindsay was the most valuable player as voted by the writer's association?

Either way the MAJORITY of media don't perpetuate the myths about the canucks. It's just a vocal few that happen to have a national soap box (milbury, McLean etc).

I fully expect Cherry to continue to go on the offensive when it comes to the canucks. I think he finally had enough of the BS last week and he typically doesn't let things go. Not sure what it says to have Cherry in the canucks corner but at least it's a guy with a national soap box.

In all honesty other than Bruin (surprise Milbury is a part of the NESN crew!) and Hawk crews, opposition TV media is nearly always complimentary of the canucks when they roll into town. Most fans don't really realize that as they tend to be based in canada and watch Canadian feeds. You don't hear about diving this or whining that but rather how hard the team works, how skilled they are, how fast they are etc.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

tantalum wrote:I thought the Lindsay was the most valuable player as voted by the writer's association?
Nope, the Ted Lindsay is the former Lester B Pearson award.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Kind of funny that it's Dave Bolland calling the Sedins "sisters"...

This is a player who is as yappy and as chippy as they come on the ice, yet has never been in a single NHL fight, and wouldn't fight Daniel in the playoffs 2 years ago.

Kind of funny how much flack Lappy used to take in Montreal for playing a chippy game and not being willing to back it up, yet Bolland for some reason gets to fly under the radar.

I'm guessing with the national attention these comments are drawing, that might change.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Maybe the Canucks (save for AV) taking the high road will expose the Hawks for who they really are.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

This POS named Bolland is insulting my hometown. I hope someone makes him pay for it. For anyone to put down Vancouver is just criminal. All the very best people live in Vancouver. The brightest, most handsome, best looking women, best bud, best food and lately, almost the best hockey. Maybe the people in Alberta figure we have way too much so we cannot have a good hockey team too. I feel you flatlanders. Preferably with the bottom of my shoe while scraping you off. Hell. Half of Canada is planning to retire out in Van or Victoria. They come to Van to get their rocks off. They come to Van and take off their tractor caps and spit out the chaw. I think Bolland was referring to our tourists when he mentioned weirdos. Certainly he could not mean any home grown product? He is not that stupid is he? On the other hand is he not from the self-proclaimed center of existence named Ontario? Not sure. Sounds like it. And Ron McLean. Oh my I would like a chance to make him bleed. What a putz. You see that mean little rat face of his get all serious about Burrows? WHat is with him and our Alex? Little bit of a man crush I suspect. Come on Ron. Or should I say 'come out Ron'. I got nothing against gay people who own themselves. Be who the fuck you are in all matters. Ron McLean and Dave Bolland should have kids together. While they are at it maybe they can adopt Kandy Kane (love the pictire of THAT hawk not enjoying himself in Vancouver) and his mentally challenged big brother Toews now known far and wide as Jon Jon the very serious prince of Chi town. Amazing what a person's face will tell you if you look hard enough. I feel for most of us who are born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome but I do not for Jon Jon. It is enough. I will take my town over all the other places I have lived such as London, NYC, Amsterdam, Bombay, Kabul, Rome and every major city in Canada. Did I leave out LA? Anyhow, some places have magic and most do not. I grew up surrounded by the magic of Burrard Inlet, the Coast mountains and the ocean. Back east they can keep moving their lips but it all comes out wha wha wha. Die of jealousy suckers, and what are they going to say when we win the cup this year?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

^ Nice rant! A classic. :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Afternoon delight