Bill Sweatt Recalled: Oreo sent back

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Bill Sweatt Recalled: Oreo sent back

Post by Hockey Widow »

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that the Canucks have recalled left wing Bill Sweatt from the Chicago Wolves on emergency recall. Victor Oreskovich has been re-assigned to Chicago.
Sweatt, 23, has registered nine points (4-5-9) and 10 penalty minutes in 19 games with the Wolves this season. He finished second in scoring on the Manitoba Moose in his first professional hockey season in 2010.11, registering 46 points (19-27-46).

Oreskovich, 25, recorded seven penalty minutes and an even plus/minus rating in one game with Vancouver. He has recorded five points (1-4-5) and six penalty minutes in 11 games with the Wolves this season.

Taken from CDC.

So me thinks Oreo may have had his last chance for a while. With Sweatt being recalled I am going to assume the news on Booth is not good.
The only HW the Canucks need
Kel
MVP
MVP

Re: Bill Sweatt Recalled: Oreo sent back

Post by Kel »

Realistically, Booth is not going to play the next game. By sending Oreskovich down, does it mean Higgins is back in the lineup? Oreskovich's spot came from Higgins, not Booth.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Kel wrote:Realistically, Booth is not going to play the next game. By sending Oreskovich down, does it mean Higgins is back in the lineup? Oreskovich's spot came from Higgins, not Booth.
Must mean Higgens is going to play otherwise we are a forward short.

Kind of odd they sent Vic down, not that he played particularly well. Perhaps they feel Sweatt can play on the 3rd line.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Would of liked to have seen Mancari get a look, but Sweatt probably plays the bottom 6/energy player better.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Would of liked to have seen Mancari get a look, but Sweatt probably plays the bottom 6/energy player better.
Agreed.

Is Mancari waiver eligible? Thus not being recalled and an AHL lifer?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Yes, he is on a one-way contract (only exempt players are those who are not eligible for waivers at all and those whose AHL salary is $105K or less).
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Kel wrote:Realistically, Booth is not going to play the next game. By sending Oreskovich down, does it mean Higgins is back in the lineup? Oreskovich's spot came from Higgins, not Booth.

Kind of odd they sent Vic down, not that he played particularly well. Perhaps they feel Sweatt can play on the 3rd line.
According to Murph, Higgens was not on the ice this morning...

Morning skate lines:
Kes, Raymond, Hansen
Sweatt was playing on the 3rd w/ Silent 3 and Lappy
Alberts on the 4th with Manny and Weise
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

KeyserSoze wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:

According to Murph, Higgens was not on the ice this morning...

Morning skate lines:
Kes, Raymond, Hansen
Sweatt was playing on the 3rd w/ Silent 3 and Lappy
Alberts on the 4th with Manny and Weise
According to AV, "Alberts to play forward tonight as #Canucks have only 11 forwards. Higgins improving, but not ready to skate yet."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

This should be fun. Hope he hits and forechecks like a son of a gun and I hope he gets a hat trick
The only HW the Canucks need
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

KeyserSoze wrote: Alberts on the 4th with Manny and Weise
Wow, direct shot at VO, I guess AV doesn't buy the idea that "just showing up" is enough.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

err, nothing to see here... move along... :oops:
Last edited by dbr on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The thing Oreo doesn't seem to be able to do is do all the things the coaching staff want him to do at the same time. If he's out there skating hard and hitting he doesn't back his team mates up. If he goes out and drops them to back his team mates up he forgets that he has to skate hard the other 99% of the time. In his game against Colorado he dropped them but didn't do anything else. AV rewards guys with time if they are doing what they are supposed to be doing. Oreo had a first couple of shifts where he did nothing and AV limited his icetime from that point. It was a curious performance IMO. You'd think he would have been jacked up, running anything he could and dropping gloves at the first opportunity.

But yeah it pretty much says AV doesn't want to see him again any time soon. Be interesting to see what Sweatt can do. I thought he maybe deserved a look see last year and never got it. This year he arguably doesn't deserve it and will get one. Then again no one deserves the call up right now from what I've seen.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This Weise hillbilly with the bad teeth must have revealing pictures of AV cause I can't understand for the life of me how this inbred gets regular duty on the 4th line? I wouldn't be out of the ball park by suggesting that Weise may very well be a worse fighter than Oreskovich, which might explain why he doesn't fight, yet I seem to be under the impression that that is what this jack ass was brought here for. I mean, that is how he came advertised when MoneyBall Gillis snagged him off the waiver wire from the Big Apple. What the fuck does this guy do? Fuck all if you ask me.

Anyhow, on to Bill Sweatt, holy cow batman are the Canucks ever stacked down on the farm, I mean Bill Fucking Sweatt. Batten down the Hatches!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:This Weise hillbilly with the bad teeth must have revealing pictures of AV cause I can't understand for the life of me how this inbred gets regular duty on the 4th line?
I will always appreciate the accidental amusement you bring to Canucks boards. We have a 4th line rookie who can skate, hits, is a PLUS player on our fourth line and you are desperate to find something to whine about. Do not ever change dude.

Now figure out a witty little "dha-something" to say.