Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by ukcanuck »

DAVE, FUCK OFF WOTH THE CAPS YOU ARE NOTHING SPECIAL HERE.

And Jesus what's wrong with your grammar dude? You're supposed to do this for a living ...

Oh and no poker is not a sport!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Lions and the bush league CFL suck, poor showing in the seats

The Whitecaps and the MLS are thriving, fans are showing up to games, great product

Yet the local sports media old school Vic Rapper CFL campaigners refuse to get excited about the Caps and continue to talk about the CFL like we care.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I personally don't care about any of it other than hockey and some NFL but welcome any local sports talk on a local sports talk radio channel. One issue I have is when they pipe in US talk radio and get away from local coverage.

I'm curious how many people actually listen to that crap when it's on...
If you need air...call it in
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

ukcanuck wrote:DAVE, FUCK OFF WOTH THE CAPS YOU ARE NOTHING SPECIAL HERE.

And Jesus what's wrong with your grammar dude? You're supposed to do this for a living ...

WHATEVER MORON

http://youtu.be/uIPS4LyveJs

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

All I wish is for the Clark Park gang to rise from the ashes kidnapp Matt Sekeris take him back behind the Eldorado and take the Dayton's to him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

*makes a few phone calls*
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

DavidPratt_ wrote:

WHATEVER MORON

DP
Good for you, your back in the saddle again. I'm happy for you really,I'm a fan. You are a west coast dude in an eastern dominated bastard filled business and I always cheered for you. But Dave you are an arrogant asshole and that has always been your problem. Back in the saddle again? Great, you should never have left to begin with, I'll bet your new contract is either for what you were offered or for less than what you turned down in the first place.
As much as I like your on air personality you are an idiot, with just a little humility you could own this town, but instead you struggle to reach past your own sense of yourself and a ham fisted attempt at originality.

This whole cap lock thing is a case in point. You stroll in here with some sense of entitlement, knowing full well that cap locks are a major faux pas and you revel in it like your the new abrasive schlock jock. but sadly arrogant bad taste has been done to death by more famous sports journalists than you.

If you spent any time on this site other than to parachute in your bullshit, you'ld realise that the level of intelligence and the connection to the source is better by far than the pablum your radio stations have ever served up. If you were a true sorts journalist you would realise that this site and others like it are not your followers but are increasingly The Story.

Here's a thought, you hate Burke like the rest of us, his lawsuit is a joke, it started in part on this very website and there are people here who are part of the story- INSTEAD OF SHOWING UP ONCE EVERY SIX MONTHS TO POUND YOUR KEYBOARD, why don't you act like a fucking sports journalist?

Anyway,

Congratulations on the new job dave, try not to fuck it up this time eh?
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

wienerdog wrote:
Mondi wrote:I suppose you're a libertarian at heart. You just raised the intensity of this thread about 4 notches.

In my view, there is more to life than individual autonomy. Systemic issues are real. Hence my argument that SNP is part of the problem even if they provide reasonable coverage.

With that being said, some responsibility lies on the players and management to tune out the hacks. But, I can't agree that it is merely a choice as to whether duplicitous suggestion can undermine your confidence.

Furthermore, hockey media aren't exactly Pulitzer material, I'm completely fine with a reasonable standard of professionalism and respect for the craft mixed with a small dose of support for the home team. I'd call it: mature journalism.
IMO, the intensity of the general conversation surrounding this issue can't be high enough. It comes from a burning disdain towards the general level of acceptance re: the media machine, Mondi.

I'm not a libertarian of any stripe that you're thinking of - I'm simply a proponent of good old fashioned free thought.

Free thinking is an active endeavour, and the majority are getting lazy. That's resulted in an epic greasy slide right down into the swamplands for most information outlets, because they know they won't get challenged on anything.

I bolded what I did above because you're right - they are real. But the real question is - what is going to be done about this problem? How is it going to change? Until the consumers demand something different, the answer is: it won't.

In case there's a misunderstanding: I'm not upset with you or your suggestions. I understand what your point is, and I even agree with most of it in principle. I think I even agree that it likely affects the performance of the team in some immeasurable sort of metric. But the concerns you're raising just won't be heard anymore, because these hawks don't care. They're not concerned in the slightest about the aspirations you're addressing here.

I suppose we can't forget that players are for the most part still young and impressionable, and mangement needs to ensure that the players are enlightened, but if there's anything an NHL'er of any brain capacity can understand, it's motivation.

In a market like this one, it's critical that they grasp that "media" is a highly calculated precison apparatus that is motivated by money and power, and has had nearly every ounce of humanism and integrity sucked out of it long ago; the age of whatever journalism you're looking for - mature or otherwise - is nowhere to be seen in mainstream mediums, Mondi. I don't think we'll see such a thing in our lifetime.

Beautiful post...
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ukcanuck wrote:Good for you, your back in the saddle again. I'm happy for you really,I'm a fan. You are a west coast dude in an eastern dominated bastard filled business and I always cheered for you. But Dave you are an arrogant asshole and that has always been your problem. Back in the saddle again? Great, you should never have left to begin with, I'll bet your new contract is either for what you were offered or for less than what you turned down in the first place.
As much as I like your on air personality you are an idiot, with just a little humility you could own this town, but instead you struggle to reach past your own sense of yourself and a ham fisted attempt at originality.

This whole cap lock thing is a case in point. You stroll in here with some sense of entitlement, knowing full well that cap locks are a major faux pas and you revel in it like your the new abrasive schlock jock. but sadly arrogant bad taste has been done to death by more famous sports journalists than you.

If you spent any time on this site other than to parachute in your bullshit, you'ld realise that the level of intelligence and the connection to the source is better by far than the pablum your radio stations have ever served up. If you were a true sorts journalist you would realise that this site and others like it are not your followers but are increasingly The Story.

Here's a thought, you hate Burke like the rest of us, his lawsuit is a joke, it started in part on this very website and there are people here who are part of the story- INSTEAD OF SHOWING UP ONCE EVERY SIX MONTHS TO POUND YOUR KEYBOARD, why don't you act like a fucking sports journalist?

Anyway,

Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

ukcanuck wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:

WHATEVER MORON

DP
Good for you, your back in the saddle again. I'm happy for you really,I'm a fan. You are a west coast dude in an eastern dominated bastard filled business and I always cheered for you. But Dave you are an arrogant asshole and that has always been your problem. Back in the saddle again? Great, you should never have left to begin with, I'll bet your new contract is either for what you were offered or for less than what you turned down in the first place.

Anyway,

Post of the year
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

pratt is not pratt
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Topper wrote:pratt is not pratt
pratt that
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Well said UK, or did you simply Pratt that from somewhere else?
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

EXPECT MORE POSTS LIKETHIS KIDS...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7444

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Psalm 135:17
sigh...