Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Betamax »

Mondi wrote:First, read the column.

I'm not paid for my opinions, nor do 1000s of people read my stuff. Even a sports journalist has a duty to be fair and balanced, and provide informed opinion.

The fact that some posters on here know better than to take TG seriously does not excuse some of the opinions expressed in The Province.

How would you like it if you were a 19-year-old NHL prospect and you read that column?
Cry me a river. Horvat's a young man, not a kid. It's pretty clear that anyone with half a brain would know that Tony was being sarcastic with that "suicide" inference.
Go back to pitching a trade for Tyler Myers and his -26.
Uh, why wouldn't I?

BTW, I pitched the idea of the Canucks' acquiring Myers, as documented on this board *almost two months before* the rumors on Draft Day became reality.

Then it was revealed that GMJB had indeed tabled a legitimate offer for Myers, and that the Red Wings, who's head of hockey operations, BTW, is Ken Holland (probably the most successful GM of this generation) has ALSO shown significant interest in "Tyler Myers and his -26."

Therefore, Betamax is ahead of the curve (again ... nothing new), is on the same page GMJB who, BTW, who has a reputation for his acumen in identifying top talent and also Holland, who runs a hockey franchise so well that other teams want to emulate.

Interesting that. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Mondi wrote:Yeah true, only a genius would come up with an idea to trade for a formerly excellent young player after a terrible season. Weren't Wings also interested in Alex Edler?
Well, you sure as Hell didn't. 8-)
If you can't understand why the line in TG's column was a little offside, I suggest you Google "Rick Rypien."
Spare me your PC with TG. Seriously, you are more negative than Nancy. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Mondi wrote:Fuck, I was talking about getting Malkin years ago. I wish Benning would think of it. :shock:
When the Canucks' table a legitimate offer for Malkin that's been reported then come back and write to me and than you can say you're ahead of the curve.
Anyways...hopefully you can maintain your PPD average. Always quality.
Thanks. I'm all about Q&Q. (Quality and Quantity). Canucks should be about D&D (Drafting and Development). If not trade said picks for someone like Myers. :mex:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mondi wrote: Anyways...hopefully you can maintain your PPD average. Always quality.
He's actually doing far better than that. After 89 days he's racked up a staggering 1128 posts. Good for an 13.2 PPD average. :shock:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mondi wrote: Anyways...hopefully you can maintain your PPD average. Always quality.
He's actually doing far better than that. After 89 days he's racked up a staggering 1128 posts. Good for an 13.2 PPD average. :shock:
It seems, uh, like it has impacted your life to the point that you'd take the time to look it up. :mex:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Betamax wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
It seems, uh, like it has impacted your life to the point that you'd take the time to look it up. :mex:
lol, uh, a couple seconds of thought is, uh, how good posts (those backed by reason and evidence) are made. You should, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, try it sometime. ;)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Pretty much everyone at the shitrag is brutal. Crotchford is almost as bad as the aids patient. Kuzma is a boozer but he isn't as bad as the other two. At the Sun the guys seem a bit more grounded and don't whine and cry like the hacks at the Province.
I don't know Blob .... you whine and cry like a hack when it comes to the guys at the Province, whom IMO, provide the best coverage of the Canucks when it comes to print media.

The Sun is okay but it's vanilla in comparison. :mex:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Betamax wrote: provide the best coverage of the Canucks when it comes to print media.
Definitely, if you consider The National Enquirer as having the best coverage of current events.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Betamax wrote: provide the best coverage of the Canucks when it comes to print media.
Definitely, if you consider The National Enquirer as having the best coverage of current events.
The National Enquirer breaks a lot of stories first before the MSM, so yeah .... oh, and I don't think they don't use dubious chain e-mails as reliable sources. :mex:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Betamax wrote: The National Enquirer breaks a lot of stories first before the MSM, so yeah ....
I said current events, not the existence of alien Elvis.
Betamax wrote: oh, and I don't think they don't use dubious chain e-mails as reliable sources. :mex:
Seriously!

"you don't think they don't??"

Does that mean you think they do use dubious chain emails as reliable sources? Kind of refutes your point no?

:mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Betamax wrote: The National Enquirer breaks a lot of stories first before the MSM, so yeah ....
I said current events, not the existence of alien Elvis.
Betamax wrote: oh, and I don't think they don't use dubious chain e-mails as reliable sources. :mex:
Seriously!

"you don't think they don't??"

Does that mean you think they do use dubious chain emails as reliable sources? Kind of refutes your point no?

lol ... just typing quickly ...... but I think I could use a "real world" example on why you shouldn't use dubious chain e-mail as a source of information. I think you can too, eh? :mex:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Betamax wrote: but I think I could use a "real world" example on why you shouldn't use dubious chain e-mail as a source of information. I think you can too, eh? :mex:
Nope, can't think of a thing.

:thumbs:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

via: https://twitter.com/StrategicThghts/sta ... 3201541120

Bill Good Jr. announces his retirement from the broadcasting industry. Started in the Sports Field with CBC Sports before settling as a News Anchor on Local TV and then long time News Talk Show Host on CKNW.

Although focused on "serious news", he did have a keen interest in the local sports scene. His last major sports interview, IIRC was with Quinn and Linden (just after he was hired) ......

via: http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/04/canu ... nn-linden/

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

TG most egregious comment was that Horvat doesn't fit the profile of a 4th line centre.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Topper wrote:TG most egregious comment was that Horvat doesn't fit the profile of a 4th line centre.
The issue I would have with a young prospect playing on the 4th line is the ice time or lack there of. He has to play in the top 3 lines or else it's probably better to send him back to junior.

Even if Gaunce ultimately becomes a 4th line centre at the NHL level ...... he's better playing in the AHL getting lots of ice time in a top 9 role than being a bench warmer besides the likes of Sestito. :mex: