Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by BladesofSteel »

Don't want to see Doc quoting Bontchford...period.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BladesofSteel wrote:Don't want to see Doc quoting Bontchford...period.
LOL!!

I swear I'll never do it again....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Botch ... story.html

Gone are both John Tortorella, who is in limbo, and Ryan Kesler, who is in Anaheim, apparently bent on re-writing history.

It was there Kesler claimed last week the Vancouver media made things up, while he suggested he was always a good teammate.

In reality, it was Kesler who made things up, lying for three months about asking for a trade — even going so far as saying the rumours took quite the toll on him. Good one.

As for his teammates, if they wanted Kesler to be a Canuck, he would still be a Canuck.

Unfazed by Kesler’s threat — made through agent Kurt Overhardt — of being a camp no-show, the Canucks were willing to take their sweet time in making the deal he wanted.

But it was his teammates who loathed the risk of more Kesler drama. They let management know they wanted to be done with it — and him.

Was it because of reports he was in Sochi crowing about getting out of Vancouver midway through a season? Was it because he was threatening to hold out to start camp this year? Was it because of the same reasons which led them to strip Kesler of his letter “A” back in November?

Or was it because they were just sick of the entire storyline?

Whatever it was, what matters is this team felt it was better without him. That speaks more than 19 text messages.
How much of this is legit?

HW.....care to back up Botchford's claims about the players and threat of a no-show?

Don't want to see Doc quoting a bunch of rumor and bullshit.....I mean, for the sake of clarity.
All I heard was Kesler was playing hard ball and a discussion did come up about him not reporting if he wasn't traded. The Canucks did seriously entertain the idea of letting him do just that, briefly. But Benning wanted it dealt with before the draft so he sucked up the emotion and dealt with it. And he had a lot of emotion to suck up, anger.

But this isn't new news. Benning himself in one interview alluded to it and said something along the lines that if they didn't have a trade that made sense they were prepared to keep Kesler and let him decide what he wanted to do. It was pretty common knowledge that the Kesler camp had threatened to sit, just as that Columbus kid is doing right now.

As far as Kesler being unpopular I think from what I've heard that is a stretch. He was a personality but wasn't a problem in the dressing room. It was after when the true story started to come out that a few of his teammates got pissed. This notion that the other players wanted him gone is news to me and I think more some players reacting after the fact, like if he doesn't want to be here better he is gone sort of thing.

So I think there is some merit to the article but I also think exaggerated for effect. What do I know!!!
The only HW the Canucks need
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

...except he did have that letter ripped off his jersey for a reason.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

So apparently the Sun and the Province have had to issue an apology to Subban after a photo was published to their websites describing him as the 'dark guy in the middle.'

I really hope heads roll.

I really really hope it's Gallagher that goes (not that he had anything to do with it.... just sayin ;) ).
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

How funny was that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: in this day and age for someone to do that is unbelievable.

I'm sure someone will lose a job over this. Unless it was a dark guy who speaks English as a second language.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The dark guy in the middle.
The blonde over there.
The fat dude at the end.
The skinny wench at the back.
The redhead with the huge tits on her knees.

We have powers of observation and use them to describe what we see.

When I lived in Jamaica people are described by their colour all the time, black, brown, red, white.

It isn't racist. It isn't derogatory. It is what we are.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:The dark guy in the middle.
The blonde over there.
The fat dude at the end.

When I lived in Jamaica people are described by their colour all the time, black, brown, red, white.

powers of observation yet no filter...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
The blonde over there.
The fat dude at the end.

Why do we need to filter facts?

Got an answer for that uk?

Subban's skin is dark brown, or black, there is no shame in that, call it what it is.

Mine is white.....call me a white guy?

Indians? They are generally a shade of brown. Dammit anyways.....it's horrible to describe the colour of something.

Asians are a sort of yellowish-tan.....it's truth.

Why does it need to be filtered?

Same as with mentally retarded challenged, disabled special needs, ummm.....don't put a descriptive handle on anything now. Right.

Better not describe that person over there as short, or the other one as tall.....vertically challenged and genetically predisposed to have longer bones.....that's better. So much easier.

You lefties need to give your heads a shake, grow some thicker skin, and quit trying to pacify and coddle the overly sensitive.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
The blonde over there.
The fat dude at the end.

Why do we need to filter facts?

Got an answer for that uk?

Subban's skin is dark brown, or black, there is no shame in that, call it what it is.

Mine is white.....call me a white guy?

Indians? They are generally a shade of brown. Dammit anyways.....it's horrible to describe the colour of something.

Asians are a sort of yellowish-tan.....it's truth.

Why does it need to be filtered?

Same as with mentally retarded challenged, disabled special needs, ummm.....don't put a descriptive handle on anything now. Right.

Better not describe that person over there as short, or the other one as tall.....vertically challenged and genetically predisposed to have longer bones.....that's better. So much easier.

You lefties need to give your heads a shake, grow some thicker skin, and quit trying to pacify and coddle the overly sensitive.
Wasn't Jesus the dark guy in the middle?! :eh:

It's not what you feel comfortable with you ignorant twat, it's what they want. That's why we went from savage > redskin > indian > native > aboriginal > first nation.

Doesn't take a left, university educated, politically correct asshole to teach you that either, just someone who cares...

Wait! Is that sirens I hear?! You better go now eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :P
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Mëds wrote: Mine is white.....call me a white guy?
I'm more of a... pinky-peach color. :look:
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Actually, Judas was the dark guy.

Black in fact, just as Carl Anderson taught me in Sunday school.

Unfortunate slip up from the local rags. Subban handled it well tho
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

BladesofSteel wrote:Actually, Judas was the dark guy.

Black in fact, just as Carl Anderson taught me in Sunday school.

Unfortunate slip up from the local rags. Subban handled it well tho
Oh great, so now you are saying Subban is a traitor and he is not to be trusted.
Actually, many believe that Jesus was from Africa and that he might have been gay too and an environmentalist.
Who knew?! :whistle:

No biggie in the long run and I'm sure (like you said) the bros from Scarborough can handle the stuff from the inbreds.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Actually, many believe that Jesus was from Africa and that he might have been gay too and an environmentalist.
Who knew?! :whistle:
HEY "environmentalist" is a dirty word around here Bucko!!! :twisted:

... although I'll always defend your right to identify with your personal view of Him.

BTW according to the archives, that's the 65th time you've typed His name!

Back on topic, Vancouver's hockey media sucks like a you-know-wot....
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

You gotta ask yourself before tossing out loaded words.... have you been paying attention?

yeah didnt think so

the pen is mightier than a sword..... wait!

oh yeah! ignorance is bliss

dumb ass