Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:02 am Arent these the same critics who had benning drawn and quartered 3 years ago?

Not that I'm a benning fanboy or anything but his ability to convert picks into quality NHLers makes him one of the best gms we've ever had. The lynch mob needs to be outted and held accountable!

To the torches!
I think they had him drawn and quartered last June when they all said Benning was signing Myers to an $8 mil deal.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:02 am Arent these the same critics who had benning drawn and quartered 3 years ago?

Not that I'm a benning fanboy or anything but his ability to convert picks into quality NHLers makes him one of the best gms we've ever had. The lynch mob needs to be outted and held accountable!

To the torches!
He deserved all the bats people took to him early in his tenure for some of his dumb dumb moves. He also deserves credit for the job he’s done since the calendar rolled over into 2017. Pretty simple no?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

How much of the odd decisions were Lindens though? They had a well publicized difference of opinion

Since his departure the team has taken a dramatic turn for the better...Obviously Benning had a hand in things but its an uncanny rise signified by that firing. The fact they didnt even interview Tkatchuck has me thinking thats on TL

Coincidence?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:21 am How much of the odd decisions were Lindens though? They had a well publicized difference of opinion

Since his departure the team has taken a dramatic turn for the better...Obviously Benning had a hand in things but its an uncanny rise signified by that firing. The fact they didnt even interview Tkatchuck has me thinking thats on TL

Coincidence?
Gudbranson, Eriksson, Gagner, Delzaster..,, Sutter etc, etc all those on Linden too?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:25 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:21 am How much of the odd decisions were Lindens though? They had a well publicized difference of opinion

Coincidence?
Gudbranson, Eriksson, Gagner, Delzaster..,, Sutter etc, etc all those on Linden too?
Those are clearly his greatest failures but how can you not be onboard with the rest of his work? This past summers additions have all been winners. Maybe the guy is human and learning to do his job better every year.

The team is very very well set up moving forward. Every single last NHL gm has a handful of failures to go along with their successes. Forever judging people on their worst moves isnt a good state of mind This glass is absolutely half full now
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

From the beginning it was obvious to a few of us that all you had to do was look at prospect development time vs expiring contracts to see the plan laid out. Shuffle placeholders through the transition and patiently stick to the script.

Butt some people can't handle a rebuild.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:35 am From the beginning it was obvious to a few of us that all you had to do was look at prospect development time vs expiring contracts to see the plan laid out. Shuffle placeholders through the transition and patiently stick to the script.

Blah blah blah none of this has anything to do with some of the dumb dumb signings and trades. Nice try though.

Some people are too much of a troll to admit when mistakes are made by a GM
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:33 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:25 am

Coincidence?
Those are clearly his greatest failures but how can you not be onboard with the rest of his work? This past summers additions have all been winners. Maybe the guy is human and learning to do his job better every year.

The team is very very well set up moving forward. Every single last NHL gm has a handful of failures to go along with their successes. Forever judging people on their worst moves isnt a good state of mind This glass is absolutely half full now
How many times do I have to say the guy has done a good job the last 2 1/2 years?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Gudbranson or McCann < Pearson

Sutter is still a decent asset.

I like Beagle. He stabilizes that 4th line and PK

Eriksson is obviously the worst signing. He gets an F there

Gagner? Gone

Delzotto? Gone

Other than the immovable object hes found ways to move out his fuck ups. Along with his work last summer goes exceptional drafting and development that is the envy of probably 3/4 of the league.

Come on Doyley...even you can see its time to climb aboard the jet black train
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is Baubles still the HF puppet?

Reef may have enjoyed a couple of fingers butt Baubles take several hands.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:45 am Is Baubles still the HF puppet?

Whatever blows your beard back Boss. The fact that you think the Gudbranson and Eriksson moves among other blunders were good moves proves you’re either a troll or a retard.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:42 am Gudbranson or McCann < Pearson

Sutter is still a decent asset.

I like Beagle. He stabilizes that 4th line and PK

Eriksson is obviously the worst signing. He gets an F there

Gagner? Gone

Delzotto? Gone

Other than the immovable object hes found ways to move out his fuck ups. Along with his work last summer goes exceptional drafting and development that is the envy of probably 3/4 of the league.

Come on Doyley...even you can see its time to climb aboard the jet black train
I was always on the train. The fact somebof those guys are gone doesn’t excuse the poor moves. It’s laughable that people can’t admit the moves were bad
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:21 am How much of the odd decisions were Lindens though?
One for sure. Kieth's kid.

(no player interview. LOL)
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:35 am From the beginning it was obvious to a few of us that all you had to do was look at prospect development time vs expiring contracts to see the plan laid out. Shuffle placeholders through the transition and patiently stick to the script.

True, Blob began crapping his drawers the moment it became clear the team was rebuilding.

WITH EVERY MOVE MADE: "Benning is a fool"... "Elmer is moron"... "Ignatowski is an idiot"... blah blah blah...

Then, after a few years, when it appeared success was inevitable... Blob wanted to clamber on board.

But how to make everyone forget all that pants-pooping??

:idea:

Blob: "Jimmy was an utter fool/moron/idiot until 2 years ago when he magically turned into a genius!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blob is saying, after completely wasting the first 3 years, Jimbro rebuilt this team from the ground up in 2 years. :wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:45 am Is Baubles still the HF puppet?

I notice Reef was lurking yesterday for the first time in a month.
____
Try to focus on someday.