Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by SKYO »

Boston Canucker wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:
SKYO wrote:Yup, and why's this miller talk in the media thread?
Botchford
Yes, and the even more insidious thing about Botchford's column is that it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. He's one of the major Canucks writers; he will MAKE it a controversy
Yup he and his shapcrew then brainwash all their sheep followers, at least Drance has been reasonable lately since he moved on to bigger and better things with the Score.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ClamRussel wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
ClamRussel wrote: I don't think anyone here thinks poorly of Miller, it's just that's a big cap hit for a guy who comes w/ question marks...
Yeah no, there's no question marks with Miller, he's a proven number one.
St. Louis might beg to differ.
Oh yeah, let's run with a 25 game sampling out of a 612 game career. :roll:

He was traded late in the season, out of his element, not acclimatized.

Give him a training camp with his teammates and he's fine.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Finding out that he struggled with Hirsch who was trying to tinker after they traded for him was interesting. Also interesting that Hirsch lost his job over it. Why would a goaltending coach try to make such big changes at that point in the season. Will be interesting to see how this plays out with Rollie the goalie.
The only HW the Canucks need
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Mondi wrote:http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html

TG now says that the Canucks have alienated Lack, the second year starter with average numbers and 41 game of experience.

Great insight.
I like Lack, but reading how some of the Van media are wringing their hands over upsetting a goalie who was not even on the team's serous radar last year is freaking hilarious. If Luongo had not been traded would that have "alienated Lack"? Seriously, TG and Botch don't give a damn about Lack. Outside of Van almost all commentators have been saying the Canucks need to shore up the net with a vet. This is not to say the Miller deal is the sure-fire answer, but the idea that signing a vet to be an experienced #1 is an offense to Lack is a joke, just a joke.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Golum is the alien
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Oh noes, Lack's feewings are hurt. LMAO.

How old is Eddie when Miller's contract is up? 30?

Pretty good chance he will want out by then but who gives a shit. He's not going to be more than an average NHL goalie.

I don't know WTF Florida did to Markstrom but he looked like absolute shit from a technical perspective in the brief glimpse we got of him last year. Hopefully that's just stuff that can be corrected with coaching but I wouldn't count on it. Goaltending is a funny position.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Rumsfeld wrote:Oh noes, Lack's feewings are hurt. LMAO.

How old is Eddie when Miller's contract is up? 30?

Pretty good chance he will want out by then but who gives a shit. He's not going to be more than an average NHL goalie.

I don't know WTF Florida did to Markstrom but he looked like absolute shit from a technical perspective in the brief glimpse we got of him last year. Hopefully that's just stuff that can be corrected with coaching but I wouldn't count on it. Goaltending is a funny position.
Yes, this media created controversy is so inane. TG writing about how by 1) signing Miller and 2) drafting Demko, the Canucks are dissing Lack. So, by Gollum's logic, the Canucks should neither sign a vet with #1 experience nor draft a guy who, at best, will play in three years so as not to upset Lack - so no vets and no prospects in net; great way to run a team! It's so stupid, Lack is dealing with all this better than the guys at the Province and, in truth, none of them give a damn about Lack, they are pumping out stories, have to find an angle.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Everyone needs to understand something here when it comes to Gollum. He gets very personal with stuff, he's a baby to be blunt. He is going to be going for the throat with the new management now that his good friend Mike Gillis has been fired. We are going to be seeing the Tony G of old like back in the days when Quinn/Burke and Nonis were GM's. Everyone does realize that Mike Gillis and Tony G have been long friends dating way back to when Gillis was a fresh eyed Players Agent. Tony Gallagher was one of the main players here that got Gillis the job here in the beginning.

The fact that people are shocked with Tony G's vitriol with new management is astounding in itself.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pretty much everyone at the shitrag is brutal. Crotchford is almost as bad as the aids patient. Kuzma is a boozer but he isn't as bad as the other two. At the Sun the guys seem a bit more grounded and don't whine and cry like the hacks at the Province.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Mondi wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote: Yes, this media created controversy is so inane. TG writing about how by 1) signing Miller and 2) drafting Demko, the Canucks are dissing Lack. So, by Gollum's logic, the Canucks should neither sign a vet with #1 experience nor draft a guy who, at best, will play in three years so as not to upset Lack - so no vets and no prospects in net; great way to run a team! It's so stupid, Lack is dealing with all this better than the guys at the Province and, in truth, none of them give a damn about Lack, they are pumping out stories, have to find an angle.
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html

In this beauty, TG has Horvat committing suicide if he has to go back to junior. This all because the Canucks signed Vey.

A 19 year old kid without a spot on the team...and he's going to off himself.

Hasn't TG ever heard or winning a spot, or earning one's ice time.
The wonderful thing about TG - and I mean this half seriously b/c I do enjoy reading him, sort of like the national enquirer of Canucks coverage - is that no matter what the Canucks do, they're stupid in his eyes (that is, pre and post-Gilly, his boy). So, say they didn't get Vey or anyone else as a young depth forward, then TG would write a column about how they are going to throw Horvat right into the fire, ruin him by expecting too much of him early on because the Canucks were too stupid to acquire some depth so that the kid could develop at an appropriate pace (like the Kings do, and the Wings used to). Guaranteed, that would have been his angle. But now the Canucks have acquired some depth so now they are ruining the kid by not getting him in the lineup and making him go back to junior, and TG can read Horvat's mind and knows that he will be despondent over this development. It's TG's surefire formula, no matter what the Canucks do, it's fundementally flawed...and I'll admit, I kind of get a kick out of reading him, even if I don't buy a word of it.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Boston Canucker wrote: The wonderful thing about TG - and I mean this half seriously b/c I do enjoy reading him, sort of like the national enquirer of Canucks coverage - is that no matter what the Canucks do, they're stupid in his eyes (that is, pre and post-Gilly, his boy). So, say they didn't get Vey or anyone else as a young depth forward, then TG would write a column about how they are going to throw Horvat right into the fire, ruin him by expecting too much of him early on because the Canucks were too stupid to acquire some depth so that the kid could develop at an appropriate pace (like the Kings do, and the Wings used to). Guaranteed, that would have been his angle. But now the Canucks have acquired some depth so now they are ruining the kid by not getting him in the lineup and making him go back to junior, and TG can read Horvat's mind and knows that he will be despondent over this development. It's TG's surefire formula, no matter what the Canucks do, it's fundementally flawed...and I'll admit, I kind of get a kick out of reading him, even if I don't buy a word of it.
I get that same buzz from reading the rubber pants brigade here on the corner :)
kelowna kanuck
CC Veteran

Post by kelowna kanuck »

Reading Gallagher is kind of like driving by the car accident. You slow, avert your eyes away, but then say, wtf I may as well take a look. And then you drive away, having thrown up just a little bit, in your mouth.
more cap space!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

kelowna kanuck wrote:Reading Gallagher is kind of like driving by the car accident. You slow, avert your eyes away, but then say, wtf I may as well take a look. And then you drive away, having thrown up just a little bit, in your mouth.
The disgusting thing is that some people take him seriously...
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Mondi wrote: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html

In this beauty, TG has Horvat committing suicide if he has to go back to junior. This all because the Canucks signed Vey.

Oh please ..... your melodrama in this thread makes Tony's hyperbole comments look tame. :mex:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mondi wrote: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html

lol tony g losing it.

3rd line - Vey - Horvat - Kassian - boom problem solved.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.