Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby damonberryman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:57 am

micky107 wrote:August, 1964; I was 6 and getting ready for my first year in hockey.
Was listening to all the chaos on the old radio when the Beatles were at Empire. It was insane.
Sounded scary to a kid. People getting trampled, you could here all the screaming, Red Robinson trying to talk over it all.
Wonder what HW was doing at the time. ;)

I was sitting at one of the betting booths acting as a shill. Could hear the Beatles barely due to screaming
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Gilman joins TSN with Sekeres and Blake Price in the station’s new afternoon drive show. :o

TSN 1040 hires former #Canucks assistant GM Laurence Gilman as an analyst/insider, part-time co-host

Gilman will join Matt Sekeres and Blake Price – the station’s new afternoon drive show – Wednesdays throughout the hockey season. He will typically join the afternoon show in studio for a couple of hours Gray says, but will also do some co-hosting.

The 52-year-old is no stranger to the all-sports radio station, having co-hosted 1040’s NHL free agency show on July 1, as well as coming on as a guest with Sekeres and Price for a couple of hours in August.

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/tsn-1040 ... nce-gilman
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 pm

LOL at Gilman, Blotto McKenzies favourite
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:31 pm

RoyalDude wrote:LOL at Gilman, Blotto McKenzies favourite

I have no favourites in this market.

RIP Neil Macrae
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby micky107 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:08 am

I guess I haven't been giving Elliotte Friedman enough credit.
Heard him live on Sportsnet 650am this morning, (can't find a link yet).
The guy is absolutely remarkable. His knowledge and memory on players and their contracts, current and past, and all the comparables is impressive. Put the interviewers to shame. Smart guy!
I suppose I just got too use to only hearing him on the crappy TV panels.
"evolution"
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Mondi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:22 am

Is it responsible to local media to report speculation that any player, in this case: Rodin and Goldobin, will leave the team for Europe if the don't make the NHL?
Mondi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:55 am

Mondi wrote:Is it responsible to local media to report speculation that any player, in this case: Rodin and Goldobin, will leave the team for Europe if the don't make the NHL?

Especially since Goldobin has two years left on his contract and can't just opt out. Goldobin' agent says he's staying.

Rodin may have an out clause to return to Sweden if cut but his agent has indicated he wants to stay in North America. Perhaps hoping if cut he doesn't clear waivers. But in any event his agent saying no, he'll stay in North America.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat