Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:You can't compare Rome to the local idiots.

He gets Joe Montana and Bill Cowher for guests the local tards get Mitch Berger and Wally Buono

As an aside Boomer Esiason has a real good talk show out of NY , they actually talk a fair bit of hockey

I can't listen to the local idiots for more than a few minutes. Taylor and Marjanovich are now doing some skit where they pinch their noses and talk in weird voices at 5:00. Good times ... and that Ryan Henderson nerd giggles throughout the show.
American sycophant wannabe blob snob

Jim Rome, and ilk are fine for about 5 minutes, but do I give a fuck about American sports leagues beyond which ever franchise in whichever league has the national spotlight for 5 minutes.

Nope. News flash, sports is a local pastime.

Canucks lions whitecaps Seahawks blowjays and the NHL.

How much does Jim Rome or Dan Patrick or who ever talk about or have in depth analysis or relevant guests
To do with above list? Exactly.

Therefore, lay off the locals you insult spewfest.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote:

He gets Joe Montana and Bill Cowher for guests the local tards get Mitch Berger and Wally Buono

As an aside Boomer Esiason has a real good talk show out of NY , they actually talk a fair bit of hockey

I can't listen to the local idiots for more than a few minutes. Taylor and Marjanovich are now doing some skit where they pinch their noses and talk in weird voices at 5:00. Good times ... and that Ryan Henderson nerd giggles throughout the show.

Jim Rome, and ilk are fine for about 5 minutes, but do I give a fuck about American sports leagues beyond which ever franchise in whichever league has the national spotlight for 5 minutes.

How much does Jim Rome or Dan Patrick or who ever talk about or have in depth analysis or relevant guests

Ya with ya there. I could care less about Lebron or who the 3rd string point guard is at Texas state.
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

micky107 wrote:Pratt is the biggest idiot, trouble maker, troll, just plain ass, I have ever heard.
I will give credit to Gillis for getting rid of him for a while.
I wish Benning and Linden would do the same right now.
Ya just feel like sluggin the guy in the head. :evil:

We don't agree on much Mick, but...

+1

:lol:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

micky107 wrote:Pratt is the biggest idiot, trouble maker, troll, just plain ass, I have ever heard.
I will give credit to Gillis for getting rid of him for a while.
I wish Benning and Linden would do the same right now.
Ya just feel like sluggin the guy in the head. :evil:
Reading what you have to say vs listening to what Pratt has to say, I get why you don't appreciate Pratt but between the two of you I'm going Pratt every time...

Not knocking your thoughts and opinions, just that I seldom see things the same way you do...

But I would never feel like sluggin you in the head over it...

Take care...
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

RoyalDude wrote:I don't mind Pratt these days, used to hate him but he's toned it down since his return. 1040 needs to do something about the afternoon show and All Things 1970's - Don Taylor
Agree 100%. A few years ago Pratt was absolutely insufferable and got himself fired for his tired bike lane rants. Since he has returned, he has absolutely toned it down. He is extremely gimmicky and a massive flip flopper but at least he has an angle. His opinions are often dumb but he is clearly doing it to generate discussion and that can be very necessary on a 4 hour talk show (especially when you've got cheerleader Bro Jake by your side - thank god they are incorporating Sat more).

Taylor in the other hand has grown beyond brutal. Between his 70s nostalgia and analytics rants he has little left to say. Time to hang them up! As for Moj, never been a fan but I don't like football so am biased. Bmac sadly has been done for awhile. Hope he gets better. And then there is Ryan Henderson who is the perfect producer for that show.... pretty much the embodiment of what the old guys were 30 years ago.... decidedly average!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote:

Thanks for the lecture Father Mulcahey. I guess I shouldn't expect anything different from a guy who thinks the CFL is entertainment. If you read back in the thread a poster was comparing Rome to the local inbreds and I commented on it. You should be turning cartwheels instead of whining at me. Your socialsist govt is about to drive the province into the toilet again.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

Thanks for the lecture Father Mulcahey. I guess I shouldn't expect anything different from a guy who thinks the CFL is entertainment. If you read back in the thread a poster was comparing Rome to the local inbreds and I commented on it. You should be turning cartwheels instead of whining at me. Your socialsist govt is about to drive the province into the toilet again.
I don't think the CFL is entertainment. I know that Canadian Ball is beyond your sycophantic grasp.
What's it like being a barcoded moron ?

Let Jim Rome explain how you are a hanger on.

[mod edit - ok, everyone dial it back it a bit]
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mondi wrote:What if the CFL became a developmental league for the NFL? Each team would have 3-4 affiliations, and play NFL rules?!

BOOOM!!!!

You know, I actually like the CFL. Went to home opener, was a bit sad. The crowd was small, the atmosphere dull, and the product a bit uninspiring. It's too bad, but it's not working in BC.
At one point, the NFL called the CFL a feeder league, good place for their players to develop.
Now they don't.
Too bad. It shows.
"evolution"
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

rockalt wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I don't mind Pratt these days, used to hate him but he's toned it down since his return. 1040 needs to do something about the afternoon show and All Things 1970's - Don Taylor
Agree 100%. A few years ago Pratt was absolutely insufferable and got himself fired for his tired bike lane rants. Since he has returned, he has absolutely toned it down. He is extremely gimmicky and a massive flip flopper but at least he has an angle. His opinions are often dumb but he is clearly doing it to generate discussion and that can be very necessary on a 4 hour talk show (especially when you've got cheerleader Bro Jake by your side - thank god they are incorporating Sat more).

Taylor in the other hand has grown beyond brutal. Between his 70s nostalgia and analytics rants he has little left to say. Time to hang them up! As for Moj, never been a fan but I don't like football so am biased. Bmac sadly has been done for awhile. Hope he gets better. And then there is Ryan Henderson who is the perfect producer for that show.... pretty much the embodiment of what the old guys were 30 years ago.... decidedly average!
PRATT USED TO COME ON HERE AND PASTE HIS WHOLE SHTICK FROM EARLIER IN THE DAY IN CAPS. PARAGRAPHS AND PARAGRAPHS, WORD FOR WORD. DROVE ME CRAZY!! :crazy: :crazy:

Taylor, Blake Price, The Moj... can't stand any of them.

In terms of play by play, after shorthouse, I can only stand Rick Ball who usually does a decent call. Much better than Joey K.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote:
Mondi wrote:What if the CFL became a developmental league for the NFL? Each team would have 3-4 affiliations, and play NFL rules?!

BOOOM!!!!

You know, I actually like the CFL. Went to home opener, was a bit sad. The crowd was small, the atmosphere dull, and the product a bit uninspiring. It's too bad, but it's not working in BC.
At one point, the NFL called the CFL a feeder league, good place for their players to develop.
Now they don't.
Too bad. It shows.
The CFL is a joke. From the owners to the players and the officials. They must be due for another team to be called the Roughriders. Maybe David Braley could buy up a couple more teams.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
micky107 wrote:

BOOOM!!!!

Now they don't.
Too bad. It shows.
The CFL is a joke. From the owners to the players and the officials. They must be due for another team to be called the Roughriders. Maybe David Braley could buy up a couple more teams.
"The Victoria Minorities" :evil: :evil:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BOOOM!!!!

I can remember as a kid that being the hope when the owner built BC Place.

Another hope was that they might eventually be granted an NFL franchise.

There was huge interest in football in those days, I can remember them selling out reg season games.

Yes at BC Place.

I was just a kid and my dad was a season ticket holder, he took me half the games.

Not sure what killed the CFL, some were saying twas all the players trading teams all the time.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote:
Only if their logo is a white dude drinking beer in a lawn chair
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Only if their logo is a white dude drinking beer in a lawn chair
The one person on Vanc Island not on the government payroll
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote:
I was just a kid and my dad was a season ticket holder, he took me half the games.
I'm going to assume that was at Empire Stadium... or are you twinistioning to a younger persona? ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."