Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I've always hated Blake Price from day one, the guy is clearly becoming the biggest nimrod hockey media hack in the city. I guess somebody has to take over the Tony Eeyore Gallagher mantel now that Skeletor is slowly retiring, thank you
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:I've always hated Blake Price from day one, the guy is clearly becoming the biggest nimrod hockey media hack in the city. I guess somebody has to take over the Tony Eeyore Gallagher mantel now that Skeletor is slowly retiring, thank you
How dare he question the way Elmer and Wiwie run the team ?

That interview he had post game with Tomlinson and Shorthouse was awesome. Shorthouse had a hissy fit and cut the interview short when Price asked if they could be objective about the team. I miss Larscheid. He was a buffoon but at least he had a nutsack unlike the idiots calling the game now.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thanks TG you miserable wretch . You and your smarmy relative Al Strachan who he licked up....

Best use of the word "Smarmy" in 2016!!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Taylor, BMac and the Moj spend there entire show talking about everything but sports and when they do it's usually the Moj going on about the "nobody cares" CFL, Taylor talking about all things 1970's Vancouver sports and the great Gene Kininski and BMac getting all teary eyed blue over someone's passing

Can they puleeeeaaase put these 3 out to the pastures. Brutal
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:Taylor, BMac and the Moj spend there entire show talking about everything but sports and when they do it's usually the Moj going on about the "nobody cares" CFL, Taylor talking about all things 1970's Vancouver sports and the great Gene Kininski and BMac getting all teary eyed blue over someone's passing

Taylor still argues who was prettier? Marsha or Jan? Yikes!

Hey! I remember them too, but, I've moved on. About 40 years ago.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:Taylor, BMac and the Moj spend there entire show talking about everything but sports and when they do it's usually the Moj going on about the "nobody cares" CFL, Taylor talking about all things 1970's Vancouver sports and the great Gene Kininski and BMac getting all teary eyed blue over someone's passing

Agreed for most part but since sports has become 24/7 there is only so much they can talk about.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Mother of Fucking Christ, do any of you listen to 1040?

I was in the big smoke all week, tuned it in while on the road last Sunday.

Wow, click bait commentary.

The only click they got from me was the off dial.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

There really isn't much left on the radio.
Almost all stations are merged with large carriers and do what their told.
1040 is TSN but they have contracts with ESPN and FOX so at night and on Sundays, it'd just piped in.
There is a bit of Bill Good on 980 but not much.
Pretty much all the music stations are merged too. It sucks,

TV is even worse now. Sad for a City this size.
We really have no say in the matter, we just pay lots?

Lost now without the PC. :(
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:

Agreed for most part but since sports has become 24/7 there is only so much they can talk about.
Completely disagree

the two shows prior - Sekeras and Price - Canucks lunch and even the Morning show with Pratt and whats his nuts carrying that goof Bro Jake manage to keep it interesting for the entire 4 hours on the subject of sports. Taylor is so done, he struggles to stay interested in talking sports, hence why he is talking about everything but Sports like his favourite Seinfeld episodes and 70's era sitcoms. BMac has issues, and the Moj can only talk about his Ukranian Diet and the CFL, the 3 of them are fucking awful and need to be shown the door big time. Can't fucking stand it.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:Mother of Fucking Christ, do any of you listen to 1040?

It's horrendous on TEAM 1040. The morning show is pathetic and so is the afternoon show. Sekeres and Price are the best of a bad lot. The content is garbage as well. Very little range and mostly Canucks talk and the bush league CFL football and beer league MLS.

Thank Christ for 1410. Lots of good programs that don't talk all things Vancouver. Jim Rome, Dan Patrick , JT the Brick and Rich Eisen.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Don Taylor really needs to retire, find a new career. He's just phoning it in collecting a paycheque. There is only so much "All Things 1970's" I can handle out of him. Talk about stuck in an era, I'd love to see his record collection. Peter Frampton, Bob Seger, The Carpenters, David and Shaun Cassidy, Tony Orlando and Dawn
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:Mother of Fucking Christ, do any of you listen to 1040?

It's horrendous on TEAM 1040. The morning show is pathetic and so is the afternoon show. Sekeres and Price are the best of a bad lot. The content is garbage as well. Very little range and mostly Canucks talk and the bush league CFL football and beer league MLS.

Thank Christ for 1410. Lots of good programs that don't talk all things Vancouver. Jim Rome, Dan Patrick , JT the Brick and Rich Eisen.
Seems to be gone now but Rome had a TV show that aired late at night on one of the movie channels I got.
Now that was good.
"evolution"
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Did TSN1040 just lose the rights to broadcast Canucks games?
@TSN1040
Thank you @Canucks for 11 great seasons of hockey on #TSN1040.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

vic wrote:Did TSN1040 just lose the rights to broadcast Canucks games?
@TSN1040
Thank you @Canucks for 11 great seasons of hockey on #TSN1040.
Maybe it's just a comment about 'this' season. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Kenji
MVP
MVP

Post by Kenji »

Wow. The Canucks drive radio. I have 1040 on because they carry the games. I learned to enjoy Tom Mayenecht et al but the Canucks are the reason. Now I will be on KISS radio or wherever. Interesting industry. Hard on the radio jocks and staff, I assume.

Wondering about causes. Puget Sound Radio has nothing yet,but maybe our long off season can be partially livened up with this topic.