Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Betamax »

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/story/?id=451378

TSN EXPANDING TO A TOTAL OF FIVE NATIONAL FEEDS
TSN Release
5/6/2014 9:34:31 AM

Press Release:
TSN, Canada's Sports Leader and the No. 1 specialty network in the country, is introducing a platform for growth that will see it expand from two to five national feeds. Optimized to give Canadians more sports and more choice than ever before, TSN's suite of channels will deliver a slate of expanded programming, including the ability to schedule SportsCentre, Canada's No. 1 sports news show, to serve multiple time zones.

Already home to Canada's most diverse lineup of sports programming and biggest championships – among them the World Juniors, Grey Cup, FIFA World Cup 2015-2022, Grand Slam tennis, all of golf's majors and much more – TSN is expanding to further solidify its position as Canada's Sports Leader by maximizing its deep lineup of world-class content delivered across multiple feeds.

To be branded TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5, all five TSN feeds will be available this fall. All TSN feeds will also be available to subscribers both online and through mobile devices via TSN GO. Further details, including information about participating TV service providers and channel placements, will be announced in the lead up to the launch.

"With five national channels as our new canvas, we now have the flexibility to fully leverage our immense portfolio of premium sports programming – we've had the content, but not the capacity, and now we do," said Stewart Johnston, President of TSN. "With this expansion, we are increasing our lineup of live events and in-house productions, while acquiring even more new content. This evolution of TSN is a win-win for both our viewers and our key partners."

More Sports and More Choice

Key programming highlights that viewers can expect to see across TSN's suite of five channels include the following:

- More live game coverage – spanning leagues including NBA, MLS, NCAA and more

- More choice of games and events taking place at the same time – including multiple curling sheets from Season of Champions events, multiple matches from Barclays Premier League, every game from NCAA March Madness, multiple court feeds from Gland Slam tennis events, and more

- Expanded coverage of marquee live events – including the World Juniors, Grey Cup, and FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015

- Effective scheduling of TSN news and studio shows – including broadcasting SportsCentre, Canada's most-watched sports news show, to serve multiple time zones

- NHL hockey – including 26 Toronto Maple leaves games, 52 Ottawa Senators games, as well as pre-season games (available on a regional basis), plus local hockey programming generated by production expansion at TSN Radio stations in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg and Edmonton

- ESPN programming – featuring more of ESPN's vast package of college sports, plus ESPN news and studio shows

- New acquisitions and partnerships – more marquee sports properties to be added to TSN's industry-leading lineup

TSN's new suite of five channels complements Canada's most influential sports brand, joining:

- Five TSN Radio stations across the country – TSN 1050 Toronto, TSN 690 Montreal, TSN 1290 Winnipeg, TSN 1200 Ottawa, TSN 1260 Edmonton – along with TEAM 1040 Vancouver

- TSN Digital's industry-leading suite of assets – TSN.ca, TSN GO, TSN BarDown at BarDown.com, the TSN Hockey App, TSN GameTracker, its official social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Google+, and more

TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and No. 1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN currently delivers world-class content across industry-leading platforms including TSN2, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio. Official broadcaster of the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship and FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015, TSN's slate of live sports coverage includes NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf's Majors, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Canadian Tire Series, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
With five new stations, it would be BEYOND COOL to see the return of "Last Call" featuring none other than David Pratt! How good would that be?!? :D
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Betamax wrote: With five new stations, it would be BEYOND COOL to see the return of "Last Call" featuring none other than David Pratt! How good would that be?!? :D
I would say about as cool as hell freezing over!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cool more opportunity to showcase poker, now there is a great sport.

I guess all they are really doing is expanding the breadth of the shows. For majority of people this will probably have little impact to them as the main sports are fully covered already.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Reefer2 wrote:Cool more opportunity to showcase poker, now there is a great sport.
I think I heard on 1040 that part of the plan is that they will air some of their local shows like Sekeres & Price. I'm not sure if they will do the same with B-Mac & Taylor will work since he's a Sportsnet TV guy.
I guess all they are really doing is expanding the breadth of the shows. For majority of people this will probably have little impact to them as the main sports are fully covered already.
As per the press release, it would be good for sporting events they cover like the WJHC where they can show literally every game and not only those that involve Canada. Tennis tournaments will allow them to offer multiple matches at the same time etc..
Last edited by Betamax on Tue May 06, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Betamax wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/story/?id=451378

TSN EXPANDING TO A TOTAL OF FIVE NATIONAL FEEDS
TSN Release
5/6/2014 9:34:31 AM

Press Release:
TSN's new suite of five channels complements Canada's most influential sports brand, joining:

- Five TSN Radio stations across the country – TSN 1050 Toronto, TSN 690 Montreal, TSN 1290 Winnipeg, TSN 1200 Ottawa, TSN 1260 Edmonton – along with TEAM 1040 Vancouver
I think the plan is eventually to rebrand TEAM1040 into TSN1040 but I speculated earlier today that:
Betamax ‏@Betamax1080p

@mattsekeres @blakeprice1040 #TMIW @TEAM1040 hasn't YET been rebranded TSN1040 due to perception here that TSN means Toronto Sports Network!

9:41 AM - 6 May 2014
Is that fair commentary on my part that the people out in the west perceive the TSN Branding to be the "Toronto Sports Network?" :hmmm:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Reefer2 wrote:Cool more opportunity to showcase poker, now there is a great sport.

Dumbing Canada down one feed at a time.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:

Dumbing Canada down one feed at a time.
Dude, if they bring back "Last Call" feat. David Pratt, it will improve the sports media landscape by 110%. 8-)
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Betamax wrote: Dude, if they bring back "Last Call" feat. David Pratt, it will improve the sports media landscape by 110%. 8-)
No it won't.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Somebody needs to tell bro Jake that he isn't funny. His jokes are the worst, what's with his long drawn out fake laugh ? How the fuck did he ever get on radio? I don't get it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Betamax wrote: Dude, if they bring back "Last Call" feat. David Pratt, it will improve the sports media landscape by 110%. 8-)
No it won't.
Your ability to recognize talent is on par with that of the Canucks' Scouting Staff. 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:Somebody needs to tell bro Jake that he isn't funny. His jokes are the worst, what's with his long drawn out fake laugh ? How the fuck did he ever get on radio? I don't get it.
He's mastered Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People." His Shtick is to be the class clown and apparently it works, since it seems like the people he associates with, like the guy. 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Betamax wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Somebody needs to tell bro Jake that he isn't funny. His jokes are the worst, what's with his long drawn out fake laugh ? How the fuck did he ever get on radio? I don't get it.
He's mastered Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People." His Shtick is to be the class clown and apparently it works, since it seems like the people he associates with, like the guy. 8-)

Class clowns are usually funny. Jake is not.

As an asside, Matt Sekeres and Ian McClutchey should get together and cut a deal with MSA and get their adenoids yanked. Either that or lay off the fucking blow. Seriously are their two more nasally voices on the airwaves these days ? The other day "Clutch " said after the Jim Benning hire that the Canucks had a shooort list of Trootz, Weelie Dhejardeen, Steeevens and Dagudah (Doug Houda ) for the head coaching position. When it's that hard to make out what these people are saying on the radio , perhaps the station could employ people who don't have horrible speech impediments.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

via: http://thelegionofblog.podomatic.com/en ... 7_06-07_00

Allegedly, the former regime of Michael D. Gillis and Gilman, uh, "encouraged" (No. 1 Canucks Beat Writer) Botchford to get into a twitter wars with Toronto Star Columnist Damien Cox. LOL. 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Betamax wrote:
I will say that Bro Jake has improved by 100% since his inauspicious debut as a Sports Talk Show host. It was God awful the first couple of weeks, and the daily episodes of the CHAMP was painful.

They've since retired the CHAMP and stopped the scripted/fake comedic segments and the Bro has improved as a host that it's actually listenable these days. :mex:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Betamax wrote:
Betamax wrote:
I will say that Bro Jake has improved by 100% since his inauspicious debut as a Sports Talk Show host. It was God awful the first couple of weeks, and the daily episodes of the CHAMP was painful.

They've since retired the CHAMP and stopped the scripted/fake comedic segments and the Bro has improved as a host that it's actually listenable these days. :mex:
Never - the guy still always trys to get a penis reference into everything he does.