Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:20 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:12 pm Yeah yeah, don't give Yimmy any credit no matter what you do... even if you have to steal MS' material.
We both know I skullfucked MS at central. He’s a bigger idiot than pauser or mathowny
Now your skull is empty.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:12 pm Yeah yeah, don't give Yimmy any credit no matter what you do... even if you have to steal MS' material.
We both know I skullfucked MS at central. He’s a bigger idiot than pauser or mathowny
Now your skull is empty.
But your mouth is full
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm
Now your skull is empty.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 pm
ESQ wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:11 am From the interview, and the results, its clear that drafting wasn't a top priority for Gillis. He has his reasons for why that was the case, and had he won a Cup we wouldn't be second-guessing and he'd likely still be the GM.
Well then thank God we didn't win the Cup because Gillis certainly would have been the worst rebuilder ever! :wink:
I don't know that we can say he'd have been the worst rebuilder ever. Kevin Lowe says hi. I'd go so far as saying Gillis likely would have been better than Nonis/Burke at rebuilding, given their results in Toronto.

Unfortunately, Gillis' outside-the-box thinking applied too often to drafting. I do think a player agent should be good at scouting, because a big part of their job/income is from scouting junior players, getting them into the right programs, and putting them in a position to get drafted and sign huge contracts. But unfortunately, Gillis went off the board too many times, and never had it pan out.

Its a funny thing though, because Benning went a bit "off-the-board" in picking Pettersen. It takes cojones to make those kinds of picks, and when it works you are a Genius. When it doesn't work, you're the Worst Rebuilder Ever.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:35 pm Its a funny thing though, because Benning went a bit "off-the-board" in picking Pettersen. It takes cojones to make those kinds of picks, and when it works you are a Genius.
:drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hard to say he went off the board. We know several teams drafting behind us were eyeballing Petterson. We know Nashville would have selected him 1st overall had they been drafting 1st overall. Pettersson was what, ranked around 10? That’s not really off the board is it.

I think it’s more an indication of Benning’s overall drafting ability. Boeser, Demko, Trymankin, Gaudette Hughes, Pettersson and yes Juolevi. No question there may have been/were better picks for some of them. But overall not too shabby.

To me off the board is picking someone ranked in a lower round. Perhaps it’s just semantics.
The only HW the Canucks need
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:50 pm Hard to say he went off the board. We know several teams drafting behind us were eyeballing Petterson. We know Nashville would have selected him 1st overall had they been drafting 1st overall. Pettersson was what, ranked around 10? That’s not really off the board is it.

I think it’s more an indication of Benning’s overall drafting ability. Boeser, Demko, Trymankin, Gaudette Hughes, Pettersson and yes Juolevi. No question there may have been/were better picks for some of them. But overall not too shabby.

To me off the board is picking someone ranked in a lower round. Perhaps it’s just semantics.
Well, lets just say Petterson didn't pan out. The storyline wouldn't have been "star prospect busts", it would have been "Benning shouldn't have reached for EP".

I hadn't heard that about Nashville, and I'm a little surprised since they picked 29th overall that year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Ego - Mike Gillis graces us with his presence with Sekeres and Price on all fours “Mike Gillis your so amazing”. It’s like thinking back only on an ex’s amazing tits completing disregarding how much you couldn’t stand the hag at the time.

Mike Gillis loves Mike Gillis, the master at placing the blame onto others and then taking all the credit for the accomplishments. The guy is an arrogant prick through and through.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:30 am The Ego - Mike Gillis graces us with his presence with Sekeres and Price on all fours “Mike Gillis your so amazing”. It’s like thinking back only on an ex’s amazing tits completing disregarding how much you couldn’t stand the hag at the time.

Mike Gillis loves Mike Gillis, the master at placing the blame onto others and then taking all the credit for the accomplishments. The guy is an arrogant prick through and through.
This means you don't like Mike Gillis ?

Just kidding!
Didn't care for him myself.
A pompous ass with the media.
Not now---cause he's 8-) or so he thinks.
Would it not have been more apropos for David Pratt to be the lead interviewer. ?
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Sekeres and Prices Gillis Love-in was about as shameful as the Pratt/Taylor - Ron McLean Love-in after McLeans witch hunt on Alex Burrows. “Oh Ron you’re so amazing” - Pratt and Taylor
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 am Sekeres and Prices Gillis Love-in was about as shameful as the Pratt/Taylor - Ron McLean Love-in after McLeans witch hunt on Alex Burrows. “Oh Ron you’re so amazing” - Pratt and Taylor
I thought it was a good interview. Were some of the words too big for you?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“I’ve been studying Aussie Rules football and how those athletes train. That’s the future of hockey, Aussie Rules Football” - Mike “Supreme Leader” Gillis
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 am Sekeres and Prices Gillis Love-in was about as shameful as the Pratt/Taylor - Ron McLean Love-in after McLeans witch hunt on Alex Burrows. “Oh Ron you’re so amazing” - Pratt and Taylor
Gillis and Pratt. Total hatred, remember?
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

How is it that TSN1040am had Travis Green's pre-game vs Wild, chat live, and Sportsnet650am was on something entirely else?

Did they find a loophole? More and more, the company station fails. Luv it.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Sportsnet 650 is likely pretty hamstrung by the amount of Leaves/Blue Jays/Raptors coverage they are obligated to do.

On the flipside, 1040 probably tilts more heavily to Lions coverage than is strictly necessary...