Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9794
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Topper » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:20 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:12 pm
Yeah yeah, don't give Yimmy any credit no matter what you do... even if you have to steal MS' material.
We both know I skullfucked MS at central. He’s a bigger idiot than pauser or mathowny
Now your skull is empty.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11009
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Topper wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:20 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:12 pm
Yeah yeah, don't give Yimmy any credit no matter what you do... even if you have to steal MS' material.
We both know I skullfucked MS at central. He’s a bigger idiot than pauser or mathowny
Now your skull is empty.
But your mouth is full
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17351
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Strangelove » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Topper wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:20 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:12 pm
Yeah yeah, don't give Yimmy any credit no matter what you do... even if you have to steal MS' material.
We both know I skullfucked MS at central. He’s a bigger idiot than pauser or mathowny
Now your skull is empty.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1725
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by ESQ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 pm
ESQ wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:11 am
From the interview, and the results, its clear that drafting wasn't a top priority for Gillis. He has his reasons for why that was the case, and had he won a Cup we wouldn't be second-guessing and he'd likely still be the GM.
Well then thank God we didn't win the Cup because Gillis certainly would have been the worst rebuilder ever! :wink:
I don't know that we can say he'd have been the worst rebuilder ever. Kevin Lowe says hi. I'd go so far as saying Gillis likely would have been better than Nonis/Burke at rebuilding, given their results in Toronto.

Unfortunately, Gillis' outside-the-box thinking applied too often to drafting. I do think a player agent should be good at scouting, because a big part of their job/income is from scouting junior players, getting them into the right programs, and putting them in a position to get drafted and sign huge contracts. But unfortunately, Gillis went off the board too many times, and never had it pan out.

Its a funny thing though, because Benning went a bit "off-the-board" in picking Pettersen. It takes cojones to make those kinds of picks, and when it works you are a Genius. When it doesn't work, you're the Worst Rebuilder Ever.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17351
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Strangelove » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:40 pm

ESQ wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:35 pm
Its a funny thing though, because Benning went a bit "off-the-board" in picking Pettersen. It takes cojones to make those kinds of picks, and when it works you are a Genius.
:drink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13244
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Hockey Widow » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Hard to say he went off the board. We know several teams drafting behind us were eyeballing Petterson. We know Nashville would have selected him 1st overall had they been drafting 1st overall. Pettersson was what, ranked around 10? That’s not really off the board is it.

I think it’s more an indication of Benning’s overall drafting ability. Boeser, Demko, Trymankin, Gaudette Hughes, Pettersson and yes Juolevi. No question there may have been/were better picks for some of them. But overall not too shabby.

To me off the board is picking someone ranked in a lower round. Perhaps it’s just semantics.
The only HW the Canucks need

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1725
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by ESQ » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:50 pm
Hard to say he went off the board. We know several teams drafting behind us were eyeballing Petterson. We know Nashville would have selected him 1st overall had they been drafting 1st overall. Pettersson was what, ranked around 10? That’s not really off the board is it.

I think it’s more an indication of Benning’s overall drafting ability. Boeser, Demko, Trymankin, Gaudette Hughes, Pettersson and yes Juolevi. No question there may have been/were better picks for some of them. But overall not too shabby.

To me off the board is picking someone ranked in a lower round. Perhaps it’s just semantics.
Well, lets just say Petterson didn't pan out. The storyline wouldn't have been "star prospect busts", it would have been "Benning shouldn't have reached for EP".

I hadn't heard that about Nashville, and I'm a little surprised since they picked 29th overall that year.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:30 am

The Ego - Mike Gillis graces us with his presence with Sekeres and Price on all fours “Mike Gillis your so amazing”. It’s like thinking back only on an ex’s amazing tits completing disregarding how much you couldn’t stand the hag at the time.

Mike Gillis loves Mike Gillis, the master at placing the blame onto others and then taking all the credit for the accomplishments. The guy is an arrogant prick through and through.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4634
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by micky107 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:55 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:30 am
The Ego - Mike Gillis graces us with his presence with Sekeres and Price on all fours “Mike Gillis your so amazing”. It’s like thinking back only on an ex’s amazing tits completing disregarding how much you couldn’t stand the hag at the time.

Mike Gillis loves Mike Gillis, the master at placing the blame onto others and then taking all the credit for the accomplishments. The guy is an arrogant prick through and through.
This means you don't like Mike Gillis ?


Image

Just kidding!
Didn't care for him myself.
A pompous ass with the media.
Not now---cause he's 8-) or so he thinks.
Would it not have been more apropos for David Pratt to be the lead interviewer. ?
"evolution"

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 am

Sekeres and Prices Gillis Love-in was about as shameful as the Pratt/Taylor - Ron McLean Love-in after McLeans witch hunt on Alex Burrows. “Oh Ron you’re so amazing” - Pratt and Taylor
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11009
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:34 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 am
Sekeres and Prices Gillis Love-in was about as shameful as the Pratt/Taylor - Ron McLean Love-in after McLeans witch hunt on Alex Burrows. “Oh Ron you’re so amazing” - Pratt and Taylor
I thought it was a good interview. Were some of the words too big for you?
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:45 am

“I’ve been studying Aussie Rules football and how those athletes train. That’s the future of hockey, Aussie Rules Football” - Mike “Supreme Leader” Gillis
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4634
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by micky107 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:51 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 am
Sekeres and Prices Gillis Love-in was about as shameful as the Pratt/Taylor - Ron McLean Love-in after McLeans witch hunt on Alex Burrows. “Oh Ron you’re so amazing” - Pratt and Taylor
Gillis and Pratt. Total hatred, remember?
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4634
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by micky107 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:50 am

How is it that TSN1040am had Travis Green's pre-game vs Wild, chat live, and Sportsnet650am was on something entirely else?

Did they find a loophole? More and more, the company station fails. Luv it.
"evolution"

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1725
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by ESQ » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:29 pm

Sportsnet 650 is likely pretty hamstrung by the amount of Leaves/Blue Jays/Raptors coverage they are obligated to do.

On the flipside, 1040 probably tilts more heavily to Lions coverage than is strictly necessary...

Post Reply