Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:14 pm

olpaddy wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Cornuck wrote:I went to more games at Empire Stadium, first as a kid, then as a drunken lout. ;)


Yup ole Empire was famous for drunken louts! :lol:

"Welcome to East Van, prepare to die".

Maybe the crackdown on dat dere when they moved to BC Place is what killed attendance.


Doc the Hastings Park Flavour strangely enough back in the day served as a Nuclear deterrent for most of the peeps... People tended to mind their P's & Qs for if they didn't their were consequences to their actions... Given that your sports flavour essentially came out of that community Canucks Horse Racing Lions... Lions Games at Empire were more involved more fun an edge that teetered on danger at Lions games at The BC Place became more sterile
more corporate they lost their edge...


That makes a lot of sense actually Paddy.

olpaddy wrote:Sidenote seen more things I shouldn't of seen from the age of 10 to 17 at Playland that included fights and sex acts than anyone that age should've...


My apologies. :wink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Strangelove » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:20 pm

Topper wrote:Ever since Landy, people were looking over their shoulders at Empire.


Oi Oi Oi
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 13764
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Uncle dans leg » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:29 pm

Topper wrote:Ever since Landy, people were looking over their shoulders at Empire.

:lol:
Whatever happened to that old bronze statue anyway? Is that downtown or around the same area?
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby micky107 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:08 am

August, 1964; I was 6 and getting ready for my first year in hockey.
Was listening to all the chaos on the old radio when the Beatles were at Empire. It was insane.
Sounded scary to a kid. People getting trampled, you could here all the screaming, Red Robinson trying to talk over it all.
Wonder what HW was doing at the time. ;)
User avatar
micky107
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:48 am

micky107 wrote:August, 1964; I was 6 and getting ready for my first year in hockey.
Was listening to all the chaos on the old radio when the Beatles were at Empire. It was insane.
Sounded scary to a kid. People getting trampled, you could here all the screaming, Red Robinson trying to talk over it all.
Wonder what HW was doing at the time. ;)


Probably doing what all 16 year old catholic girls did in the hay stacks during those hot August nights!
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 11124
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Uncle dans leg » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:58 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
micky107 wrote:August, 1964; I was 6 and getting ready for my first year in hockey.
Was listening to all the chaos on the old radio when the Beatles were at Empire. It was insane.
Sounded scary to a kid. People getting trampled, you could here all the screaming, Red Robinson trying to talk over it all.
Wonder what HW was doing at the time. ;)


Probably doing what all 16 year old catholic girls did in the hay stacks during those hot August nights!

It must have been hell living life when everything was black and white...
nobody forks...with the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby black ace » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:09 am

James Cybulski, Steve Darling and Mira Laurence announced as the morning show on Sportsnet 650. Cybulski has always been good, not so sure about Darling though. Comes across as a fan boy.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Rede » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:15 am

black ace wrote:James Cybulski, Steve Darling and Mira Laurence announced as the morning show on Sportsnet 650. Cybulski has always been good, not so sure about Darling though. Comes across as a fan boy.

Assuming guest quality is similar, I'll take that over Bro and Pratt any day of the week.

Shouldn't be hard for SN650 to do well in the afternoon block too - Donny and the Moj are getting a bit tired.

Still like Sekeres and Price though.
User avatar
Rede
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby 5thhorseman » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Thank God !!! we have something else now. That's all I got to say.
User avatar
5thhorseman
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 671
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Island Nucklehead, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests