Kamloops very own Mark Recchi

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Kamloops very own Mark Recchi

Post by Fred » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 am

"[In] 22 years they are the most arrogant team I played against and the most hated team I’ve ever played against," Recchi said. "I couldn’t believe their antics, their falling and diving. It was very frustrating, but at the same time as the series wore on we knew we were getting to them and we knew our physical play and our skating, I think it caught them off guard a little bit."
I can think of a couple of teams that surely must be considered alternates Sathers Oilers, Broad Street Bullies, Hawks hey the Big Bad Bruins
cheers

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Kamloops very own Mark Recchi

Post by dhabums » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:29 pm

Kamloops is a dump and Recchi is apparently the poorest winner in the history of said dump.

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:38 pm

dhabums wrote:Kamloops is a dump and Recchi is apparently the poorest winner in the history of said dump.
Didn't Recchi play with Eric Lindros....maybe the biggest whinner to ever pull on an NHL jersey. I'm sure they'll welcome Recchi back in the "Loops :evil:
cheers

Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:57 pm

The Bruins organization and Recchi in particular are the most hypocritical I've ever seen period. Let's review...

1. Marc Savard bit Carcillo in the 2010 playoffs. But Burrows has no honour.
2. Julien says finger wagging is dishonourable and not accepted by him. Anyone who did that on his team would not be accepted in their locker room. Recchi and another Bruin do it themselves the same night. Somehow they are welcomed in their locker room and it's chalked up to a communication problem.
3. Chara on Pacioretty, Ference on Halpern and Ryder on Blair Jones were all unintentional. Rome is the devil.
4. Recchi mocked Pacioretty for going to the movies with a "severe concussion" and said anyone with an actual concussion couldn't deal with the lights and noise of a movie. Horton was waving a flag in the gardens with people screaming and lights flashing days after his concussion.
5. Lucic says he can't take the cup public in Vancouver due to poor fans response. Neely had it at the rink in Maple Ridge the day before with no issues.
6. Chiarelli applaudes Lucic for taking the high road after the Miller hit. He's on the radio mocking Buffalo an hour later.

The biggest part in all of this is how the media in each city responds to these issues. The Boston media plays up the opposition stuff and ignores the Bruins stuff, they also love to bait players into responses on these topics. The Vancouver media take more of an unbiased approach to these stories and/or love cracking on the home team to manufacture a rep of being unbiased. As a result, the Bruins somehow are presented as the honourable victims in all this.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Spinning is a learned thing...
Getting old is not for the young...

T-BONE
AHL Prospect

Post by T-BONE » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:59 pm

I guarentee if the series had been flipped around, and we had someone retire and start beaking off the opposition like this, we would be called gutless.

And thats what Im calling Recchi right now. What a gutless act to go on the radio and beak off like he did knowing he won't have to face the music for his comments cuz he's retired and won't have to play us.

As it stands, the Bruins are the "good guys" and we are the "villains", so everyone will probably hail him a hero for calling us out in such spineless fashion.

Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Recchi can stay in the States for the rest of his life. What is his point of stirring the pot when he is not even part of the game any more??

Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:17 pm

The Canuck comments weren't what pissed me off the most about that interview though.

It was when the radio guy referred to the Sedins as the sisters and they both had a good laugh.

Surely by now they deserve a lot more respect than that. Especially from a supposed professional media guy and a colleague. They sounded like a couple of teenage Oiler fans on a message board.
2011..... the one that got away.

Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:The Canuck comments weren't what pissed me off the most about that interview though.

It was when the radio guy referred to the Sedins as the sisters and they both had a good laugh.

Surely by now they deserve a lot more respect than that. Especially from a supposed professional media guy and a colleague. They sounded like a couple of teenage Oiler fans on a message board.

That sums up the Boston media vs Vancouver media perfectly during the finals. The Boston guys made no bones about being homers and attacked on behalf of their home team at every chance. The Vancouver guys want to be seen as unbiased and professional, so they didn't go after the Boston hypocrites in the same fashion.

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Oh, so Recchi said something bad about the Canucks? Oh me oh my.

So could this have just gone in the "most hated team" thread, or should we all just make a new one every time a retard says something retarded?
Last edited by Rumsfeld on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:01 pm

The fact he ripped the Sedins is pretty telling. These players are far better than Recchi ever could hope to be. How many scoring titles or individual trophies has this guy won? Yeah that's what I thought, Mark... you rode guys named Lemieux, Ward and Thomas to some Stanley Cups. Nice long career you had, but why we're talking to a guy who hasn't done a damn thing since the Sedins were drafted is beyond me. He's a guy that passed unclaimed through waivers. Who gives a fuck about a senile Mark Recchi?
Larry Goodenough wrote:The Bruins organization and Recchi in particular are the most hypocritical I've ever seen period. Let's review...

1. Marc Savard bit Carcillo in the 2010 playoffs. But Burrows has no honour.
2. Julien says finger wagging is dishonourable and not accepted by him. Anyone who did that on his team would not be accepted in their locker room. Recchi and another Bruin do it themselves the same night. Somehow they are welcomed in their locker room and it's chalked up to a communication problem.
3. Chara on Pacioretty, Ference on Halpern and Ryder on Blair Jones were all unintentional. Rome is the devil.
4. Recchi mocked Pacioretty for going to the movies with a "severe concussion" and said anyone with an actual concussion couldn't deal with the lights and noise of a movie. Horton was waving a flag in the gardens with people screaming and lights flashing days after his concussion.
5. Lucic says he can't take the cup public in Vancouver due to poor fans response. Neely had it at the rink in Maple Ridge the day before with no issues.
6. Chiarelli applaudes Lucic for taking the high road after the Miller hit. He's on the radio mocking Buffalo an hour later.
Pretty much sums it up. Recchi is a joke.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Fred wrote:
"In 22 years they are the most arrogant team I played against and the most hated team I’ve ever played against," Recchi said. "I couldn’t believe their antics, their falling and diving. It was very frustrating, but at the same time as the series wore on we knew we were getting to them and we knew our physical play and our skating, I think it caught them off guard a little bit."
"Falling and diving".

Yep every member of every major-Bruins-rival is an embellisher!

Especially his old pal Max Pacioretty....

Everyone should just shutup and play through all those concussions like old Mark obviously did. ;)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:15 am

I luv the Sedins too, but they were playing a bit like panzies in the finals. There were times when they were bumped a bit, then they were acting like they were shot trying to draw a penalty.

Marchand punching Daniel in the head like 10 times? C'mon man, you're bigger and an art ross trophy winner, u can't let a lilttle puke do that to ya. At least skate away, cover your face or punch the punk back.

I'm not a big fan of Recchi, but I think his opinions warrant some merrit. The guy played like 20 years in the league and has like 3 rings, so he is well respected around the league. Recchi probably got more points than the Sedins in the finals. If he thinks the Canucks are a hated team for being a bunch of divers, I think he his opinions has some weight.

Island Nucklehead wrote:The fact he ripped the Sedins is pretty telling. These players are far better than Recchi ever could hope to be. How many scoring titles or individual trophies has this guy won? Yeah that's what I thought, Mark... you rode guys named Lemieux, Ward and Thomas to some Stanley Cups. Nice long career you had, but why we're talking to a guy who hasn't done a damn thing since the Sedins were drafted is beyond me. He's a guy that passed unclaimed through waivers. Who gives a fuck about a senile Mark Recchi?

Pretty much sums it up. Recchi is a joke.

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:31 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I'm not a big fan of Recchi, but I think his opinions warrant some merrit. The guy played like 20 years in the league and has like 3 rings, so he is well respected around the league. Recchi probably got more points than the Sedins in the finals. If he thinks the Canucks are a hated team for being a bunch of divers, I think he his opinions has some weight.
[/quote]

Recchi noted that the Canucks were arrogant. It seems he based this on the fact the media wasn't giving the Bruins a chance. Connect them dots.

I think the bigger point here should be "why the fuck is saying anything like this?"

Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:22 am

dhabums wrote:
I think the bigger point here should be "why the fuck is saying anything like this?"
He was probably baited. I really cant see Recchi having an agenda to come on the radio 5-6 months after the fact and go out of his way to slam the Canucks. That's the beauty about media. They are trained professionals (although it may not seem like it all of the time) and some of them have an uncanny ability to get brainless people ( i.e Recchi) to say exactly what they want them to say. I am not saying Recchi didn't mean it, I am sure he did ... but he probably wasn't on a mission to say it publically.

Great job by Larry Goodenough on the holy Bruin's questionable conduct list. It's too bad no one south of the border or east of British Columbia would give a s**t.

A little off-topic but an intereting read if anyone is interested: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... ng-content

Looks like its encouraged to be the a**holes of the NHL. Only if you are the Bruins, though. ;)
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.