Page 1 of 2

Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:05 am
by LotusBlossom
The term is 6 years. No disclosed money terms, but looks like Rogers Radio and Corus lost out. They have been negotiating since May and said The TEAM is definitely their choice.

I don't care who carries them, as long as Shorthouse or Ball are the guys making the call.

On a side note, when Ball is calling the Winnipeg games, Kenward does his hockey PBP is Shorty is on TV and Rintoul does his BC Lions broadcast.

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:12 am
by Aaronp18
Meh, now that every game is televised the only time I listen to the Canucks on the radio is on my way home from work when they play back east.

As long as I know what station they are on.

Good for the Team though, they need the Canucks in this market.

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 am
by LotusBlossom
Aaronp18 wrote:Meh, now that every game is televised the only time I listen to the Canucks on the radio is on my way home from work when they play back east.

As long as I know what station they are on.

Good for the Team though, they need the Canucks in this market.
Sometimes, on a CBC broadcast when we get Lee and Weekes, I'll put on the radio to get the PBP. I can't stand that 4th rate PBP broadcast team that CBC throws at us Westerners. I miss Jim Hughson.

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:23 am
by Fred
team 1040 would do themselves a huge favour if they could delay the radio broadcast to coincide with the TV...I think most would turn off the CBC

I wonder where this leaves Pratt I think he envisaged a Rogers success for the Canucks broadcasting right

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:36 am
by Topper
Did Leather Pants gamble and loose?

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:13 pm
by Aaronp18
LotusBlossom wrote:
Sometimes, on a CBC broadcast when we get Lee and Weekes, I'll put on the radio to get the PBP. I can't stand that 4th rate PBP broadcast team that CBC throws at us Westerners. I miss Jim Hughson.
Tried it but I find the timing and overall sound quality to be more annoying than anything.

I tolerate the two shmucks.

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:28 pm
by Madcombinepilot
LotusBlossom wrote: Sometimes, on a CBC broadcast when we get Lee and Weekes, I'll put on the radio to get the PBP. I can't stand that 4th rate PBP broadcast team that CBC throws at us Westerners. I miss Jim Hughson.
Amen.

The CBC announcers are not only 4th rate, thier anti-canuck bias is so obvious it hurts. I remember watching a pvr'd game, and I never heard a canucks player name called, nor any term that would have told you who we were playing, for over 18 minutes. if the game would not have had a picture, i would not have known who was playing Edmonton that night..

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:01 pm
by dhabums
LotusBlossom wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:Meh, now that every game is televised the only time I listen to the Canucks on the radio is on my way home from work when they play back east.

As long as I know what station they are on.

Good for the Team though, they need the Canucks in this market.
Sometimes, on a CBC broadcast when we get Lee and Weekes, I'll put on the radio to get the PBP. I can't stand that 4th rate PBP broadcast team that CBC throws at us Westerners. I miss Jim Hughson.
There's always punjabi.

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:11 pm
by ukcanuck
LotusBlossom wrote:The term is 6 years. No disclosed money terms, but looks like Rogers Radio and Corus lost out. They have been negotiating since May and said The TEAM is definitely their choice.

I don't care who carries them, as long as Shorthouse or Ball are the guys making the call.

On a side note, when Ball is calling the Winnipeg games, Kenward does his hockey PBP is Shorty is on TV and Rintoul does his BC Lions broadcast.
what do you think of rintoul's efforts as pbp for the Lions? I dont like change much so he's starting on the goal line for me. I miss Larsheid, JP Mcconnell and Robson and those are big shoes to fill for Scotty.
on a lamer note I heard that crooner dude Michael Buble try doing colour for the nucks a couple of seasons ago...rather forgetful performance...

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:57 pm
by Fred
Topper wrote:Did Leather Pants gamble and loose?
Seems like it :D .Although maybe Rogers still have intentions on having a radio sports show ?

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:19 pm
by Todd Bersnoozi
I had Shorthouse's kid in my class last year for a couple days. 8-)

LotusBlossom wrote:I don't care who carries them, as long as Shorthouse or Ball are the guys making the call.

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:54 pm
by Rumsfeld
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I had Shorthouse's kid in my class last year for a couple days. 8-)
Nice. Did you guys trade juice boxes at recess, or were you too starstruck.

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:56 pm
by Jovorock
Rumsfeld wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I had Shorthouse's kid in my class last year for a couple days. 8-)
Nice. Did you guys trade juice boxes at recess, or were you too starstruck.
:D :D :D

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 pm
by The Brown Wizard
Rumsfeld wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I had Shorthouse's kid in my class last year for a couple days. 8-)
Nice. Did you guys trade juice boxes at recess, or were you too starstruck.
Epic bitch slap by Rumsfeld

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:54 pm
by Todd Bersnoozi
Nope, I just gave him straight As even when his work was kind of shitty. After my assignment for some odd reason, I found a pair of club seat tixs in my mailbox. :D

Rumsfeld wrote: Nice. Did you guys trade juice boxes at recess, or were you too starstruck.