Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Post by LotusBlossom »

The term is 6 years. No disclosed money terms, but looks like Rogers Radio and Corus lost out. They have been negotiating since May and said The TEAM is definitely their choice.

I don't care who carries them, as long as Shorthouse or Ball are the guys making the call.

On a side note, when Ball is calling the Winnipeg games, Kenward does his hockey PBP is Shorty is on TV and Rintoul does his BC Lions broadcast.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks stay on the TEAM 1040

Post by Aaronp18 »

Meh, now that every game is televised the only time I listen to the Canucks on the radio is on my way home from work when they play back east.

As long as I know what station they are on.

Good for the Team though, they need the Canucks in this market.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Aaronp18 wrote:Meh, now that every game is televised the only time I listen to the Canucks on the radio is on my way home from work when they play back east.

Sometimes, on a CBC broadcast when we get Lee and Weekes, I'll put on the radio to get the PBP. I can't stand that 4th rate PBP broadcast team that CBC throws at us Westerners. I miss Jim Hughson.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

team 1040 would do themselves a huge favour if they could delay the radio broadcast to coincide with the TV...I think most would turn off the CBC

I wonder where this leaves Pratt I think he envisaged a Rogers success for the Canucks broadcasting right
cheers
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Did Leather Pants gamble and loose?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Sometimes, on a CBC broadcast when we get Lee and Weekes, I'll put on the radio to get the PBP. I can't stand that 4th rate PBP broadcast team that CBC throws at us Westerners. I miss Jim Hughson.
Tried it but I find the timing and overall sound quality to be more annoying than anything.

I tolerate the two shmucks.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

LotusBlossom wrote: Sometimes, on a CBC broadcast when we get Lee and Weekes, I'll put on the radio to get the PBP. I can't stand that 4th rate PBP broadcast team that CBC throws at us Westerners. I miss Jim Hughson.
Amen.

The CBC announcers are not only 4th rate, thier anti-canuck bias is so obvious it hurts. I remember watching a pvr'd game, and I never heard a canucks player name called, nor any term that would have told you who we were playing, for over 18 minutes. if the game would not have had a picture, i would not have known who was playing Edmonton that night..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:Meh, now that every game is televised the only time I listen to the Canucks on the radio is on my way home from work when they play back east.

There's always punjabi.
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck »

LotusBlossom wrote:The term is 6 years. No disclosed money terms, but looks like Rogers Radio and Corus lost out. They have been negotiating since May and said The TEAM is definitely their choice.

I don't care who carries them, as long as Shorthouse or Ball are the guys making the call.

On a side note, when Ball is calling the Winnipeg games, Kenward does his hockey PBP is Shorty is on TV and Rintoul does his BC Lions broadcast.
what do you think of rintoul's efforts as pbp for the Lions? I dont like change much so he's starting on the goal line for me. I miss Larsheid, JP Mcconnell and Robson and those are big shoes to fill for Scotty.
on a lamer note I heard that crooner dude Michael Buble try doing colour for the nucks a couple of seasons ago...rather forgetful performance...
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Topper wrote:Did Leather Pants gamble and loose?
Seems like it :D .Although maybe Rogers still have intentions on having a radio sports show ?
cheers
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I had Shorthouse's kid in my class last year for a couple days. 8-)

LotusBlossom wrote:I don't care who carries them, as long as Shorthouse or Ball are the guys making the call.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I had Shorthouse's kid in my class last year for a couple days. 8-)
Nice. Did you guys trade juice boxes at recess, or were you too starstruck.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I had Shorthouse's kid in my class last year for a couple days. 8-)
:D :D :D
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Epic bitch slap by Rumsfeld
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Nope, I just gave him straight As even when his work was kind of shitty. After my assignment for some odd reason, I found a pair of club seat tixs in my mailbox. :D

Rumsfeld wrote: Nice. Did you guys trade juice boxes at recess, or were you too starstruck.