Which players has MG brought to Vcr

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Which players has MG brought to Vcr

Post by dhabums »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Just watched Quintin Howden, captain of team WHL, score on the penalty shot against team Russia in the super series....

Wasn't that dhabums boy with Grabber last year?
I'm not sure what you mean. If Gillis wanted Howden he could have taken him. He clearly didn't, because he passed on drafting him. To make it even more clear if that doesn't help you, Gillis had the option of which pick it was. He waited to see if the player he wanted was there and when he wasn't he sent the pick to FLA. Does that clear it up?

But wow though, a PS goal in an exhibition game.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

At the start of this thread people are comparing the AVS and OIL in terms of young talent. I would side with the AVS on this one. They both have great young guys but Duchene is going to be a two way monster for a long time. He is still a kid. What is he? Same age as Cody? And Landskog (sp)! I wanted MG to trade up for him if possible. I watched his career last year in the OHL and I think this Swede is a winner all the way down the line. Plus EJ is going to be the pillar for the D. His kind of Dman does not come around often and he is young. Everyone who loves the game knows that type of player takes longer to develop. When St. Louis got rid of him they dropped off teh radar of future contenders. Colorado took them to the cleaners. Up NOrth that kid they call the Nuge is the real deal. I like him very much but am not so sure of Hall. I thought they should have taken Sequin that year as Hall seems to be a bit of a prima donna. I like Eberle but I do not think he is going to be first line kind of guy. I wish we had him for his guts. No quit there.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dhabums wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Just watched Quintin Howden, captain of team WHL, score on the penalty shot against team Russia in the super series....

I'm not sure what you mean. If Gillis wanted Howden he could have taken him. He clearly didn't, because he passed on drafting him. To make it even more clear if that doesn't help you, Gillis had the option of which pick it was. He waited to see if the player he wanted was there and when he wasn't he sent the pick to FLA. Does that clear it up?

Ok then it wasn't you, I appologise.
Someone was tracking Howdens points along with Grabners last season to accentuate the shittiness of the Ballard trade. I'm sorry Dhabums, I thought it was u.
If you need air...call it in
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

damonberryman wrote:At the start of this thread people are comparing the AVS and OIL in terms of young talent. I would side with the AVS on this one. They both have great young guys but Duchene is going to be a two way monster for a long time. He is still a kid. What is he? Same age as Cody? And Landskog (sp)! I wanted MG to trade up for him if possible. I watched his career last year in the OHL and I think this Swede is a winner all the way down the line. Plus EJ is going to be the pillar for the D. His kind of Dman does not come around often and he is young. Everyone who loves the game knows that type of player takes longer to develop. When St. Louis got rid of him they dropped off teh radar of future contenders. Colorado took them to the cleaners. Up NOrth that kid they call the Nuge is the real deal. I like him very much but am not so sure of Hall. I thought they should have taken Sequin that year as Hall seems to be a bit of a prima donna. I like Eberle but I do not think he is going to be first line kind of guy. I wish we had him for his guts. No quit there.
Yup kind of funny how the "Oiler angst" has totally disappeared now that their kids are all well below a point per game pace and Khabi is no longer standing on his head.

They have lost 4 straight and IMO they will be a lottery team again.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

dhabums wrote:

MG wanted Jarred Tinordi , who was taken by Mtl, and so MG pushed ahead with the Ballard trade. Florida subsequently drafted Howden. We all get involved over here with the Oilers but Florida has top draft picks stacked up by the bushel and are going to be challenging the Oilers in a couple of years IMO
cheers
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
dhabums wrote:

Ok then it wasn't you, I appologise.
Someone was tracking Howdens points along with Grabners last season to accentuate the shittiness of the Ballard trade. I'm sorry Dhabums, I thought it was u.
Dont apologize, I tend to go slightly off the rails when Howden is mentioned.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Fred wrote:
dhabums wrote:

MG wanted Jarred Tinordi , who was taken by Mtl, and so MG pushed ahead with the Ballard trade. Florida subsequently drafted Howden. We all get involved over here with the Oilers but Florida has top draft picks stacked up by the bushel and are going to be challenging the Oilers in a couple of years IMO
Tinordi was the rumoured guy, but I do not recall MG actually saying that much. Just took a quick look, apparently we were looking at 2 guys.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dhabums wrote:
Tinordi was the rumoured guy, but I do not recall MG actually saying that much. Just took a quick look, apparently we were looking at 2 guys.
I heard it was Tinordi and Beau Bennett they liked. Etem is blowing them all away and he went at the end of the 1st round
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”