Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Turris Rumours

Post by Chef Boi RD »

In order to be a great 'championship' hockey player one has to be lured by the evils of life ie, sex, drugs and rock n roll. You need to wake up angry every morning with a wicked hangover and take all your misery out on anyone who comes within earshot of ya. That my friend is what I look for in a hockey player. Angry and Mean and hungover from the Devils Sauce. I don't need any happy, smiley, flakey bible thumpers on my team. They win ya nothing.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

RoyalDude wrote:In order to be a great 'championship' hockey player one has to be lured by the evils of life ie, sex, drugs and rock n roll. You need to wake up angry every morning with a wicked hangover and take all your misery out on anyone who comes within earshot of ya. That my friend is what I look for in a hockey player. Angry and Mean and hungover from the Devils Sauce. I don't need any happy, smiley, flakey bible thumpers on my team. They win ya nothing.
:lol:

I shoulda been a player on RoyalDude's team.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

RoyalDude wrote: Angry and Mean and hungover from the Devils Sauce. I don't need any happy, smiley, flakey bible thumpers on my team. They win ya nothing.
Out of curiosity, In YOUR opinion how many of these angry, mean, hungover players exist on a Stanley cup team nowadays?

Excluding the minors, or players bought out.

Seriously.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I know there isn't too many great bible thumping hockey players, but there are some great bible thumping athletes from other professionals sports that have won championships such as David Robinson, AC Green, Kurt Warner, and a few baseball guys.

RoyalDude wrote:In order to be a great 'championship' hockey player one has to be lured by the evils of life ie, sex, drugs and rock n roll. You need to wake up angry every morning with a wicked hangover and take all your misery out on anyone who comes within earshot of ya. That my friend is what I look for in a hockey player. Angry and Mean and hungover from the Devils Sauce. I don't need any happy, smiley, flakey bible thumpers on my team. They win ya nothing.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

CFP! wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Angry and Mean and hungover from the Devils Sauce. I don't need any happy, smiley, flakey bible thumpers on my team. They win ya nothing.
Out of curiosity, In YOUR opinion how many of these angry, mean, hungover players exist on a Stanley cup team nowadays?

Seriously.
Ask Lucic's squeeze.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Topper wrote:
CFP! wrote:

Seriously.
Ask Lucic's squeeze.
It's not Milan's fault he has retard strength.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Not really Canucks-related, but since it's in the title..

Turris camp confirms trade request
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

dbr wrote:Not really Canucks-related, but since it's in the title..

Odd situation,,,

I guess if neither party blinks Turris will play the rest of the year in the KHL?
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

I know, it's weird. I once posted something in a thread that was only slightly off topic because it wasn't thread worthy on it's own. I was told to start a new thread regardless.

Now we have a Booth, Sturm, Samuelsson, and Turris thread thread.
Last edited by Eddy Punch Clock on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011..... the one that got away.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:

I know, it's weird. I was posted something in a thread that was only slightly off topic because it wasn't thread worthy on it's own. I was told to start a new thread regardless.

Do you need a hug?
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

mathonwy wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:

I know, it's weird. I was posted something in a thread that was only slightly off topic because it wasn't thread worthy on it's own. I was told to start a new thread regardless.

Do you need a hug?
Might help.
2011..... the one that got away.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:

I know, it's weird. I once posted something in a thread that was only slightly off topic because it wasn't thread worthy on it's own. I was told to start a new thread regardless.

I post in threads completley off topic all the time... :wink:
Getting old is not for the young...
jackalman
CC Veteran

Post by jackalman »

rats19 wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:

I post in threads completley off topic all the time... :wink:
What are theese...TOPICS?...you speak of???
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Colour me confused but I have heard that the Canucks are indeed one of the teams that has made a significant offer for Turris. I don't know what they have offered other than it is significant and fitting for the type of player they believe him to be.

The stumbling block seems to be that the Coyotes are fearful if they trade him before he is signed then other players on their team will follow suit in future years (like they have a future). They also feel they can get more from him if he is signed and that they have a gun to their head which will minimize the return. So instead of dealing an asset that does not want to be there they are playing hard ball. They are quit prepared to let him sit until he signs, and get nothing for him this year. They re trying to make a point.

Word I got was that if he signed they would in all likely hood trade him and that the Canuck offer is still on the table. The offers are not as good as what Phoenix wants and this is due to teams being fearful of over paying for an unsigned player. They believe if he signs they can get significantly more which would take the Canucks out of the running.

So as I said, colour me confused on this one.
The only HW the Canucks need