Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Post by Aaronp18 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Strangelove wrote: BTW how come it took 16 years for you to tell us about your sheep-lovin half? :wink:
Because he's ashamed of his baaaaad side!

Sorry

:lol:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Strangelove wrote: BTW how come it took 16 years for you to tell us about your sheep-lovin half? :wink:
Because he's ashamed of his baaaaad side!

Sorry

:lol:
No need to apologize, as the Scots say... "Let the fluff fly!" :mrgreen:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm a pure bred caber tosser from a long line of bastard fathers.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Topper wrote: I'm a pure bred caber tosser from a long line of bastard fathers.
And there ain't nothing wrong with that!!

Although I must mention at this point that if there's anything worse than a man in a kilt

.... it's a you-know-wot in a kilt. :lol:

Back on topic: David Booth is a Scotsman and I'm not even kidding!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:00 pm

RD, if you think we all age the same, then I feel you are mistaken. I'm 60 and one of my Brothers-in-Law is 66. He not only can physically run rings around me but buries most average guys in their late 30's and early 40's. I'm not saying he could play in the NHL, what I am saying is Shane Doan can. He isn't a party animal and he keeps himself in great shape. He still patrols his wing with strength and smarts, something in short supply. We don't need a guy like Doan, we need Doan. MG and LG can figure out the cap.

CaptainTrev
CC Veteran

Post by CaptainTrev » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:09 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Well, to be honest...I liked Samuelsson. He looked great in the playoffs for the Panthers, where Booth looked like shite for us but that is besides the point. I just simply do not like Booth and that doesn't seem to rest to well with the clique here. Is Booth really the best you could get with 4.5? The clique will tell you "you're darn tootin' but me? I don't think so. I'd be all teeth to have Samuelsson in the fold instead of Booth.

Just live with it Trev, I just simply and dearly would love to have both Ballard and Booth off the books. Now you my friend, need to move on.
So you would have taken your chances with Samuelsson/Sturm on the team at the end of last season or you think there was another "younger, faster, bigger" $4M scoring forward out there that MG could have acquired instead of Booth.

That's all you had to say :P

Moving right along...
:)
"Perhaps there is no moral to this story."

"Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened."

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Boy, how can you tell that Doc AbbyRoad is pure bread Brit through and through. the whole sheep shagger thing is over done slang used constantly by your joe average cockney, scouser, birmy limey bastard. BTW Doc, it's the Jordies from Newcastle and such who get labled Sheep Shaggers ya Protestant Royalty Queen loving Anglo Saxon inbred... :lol: :shock: :P :devil: Don't mess with a Catholic ...we will extend that cheesey little smile of yours with a flick of a knife. Go Glasgow Celtic and death to the Rangers. Wooohoooo!
Last edited by RoyalDude on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:13 pm

Shane Doan is a physical beast. The dude is bull strong like a farm boy.

I think if he played 17- 19 min here with good players he would be a 60 point player who gives this team some chutzpah.

If he is needing four years I say no higher than 22 million. I would rather they give him 18 over three though.

Back to Booth, he hasn't played here from the start of the season so really lets stop the crybaby whining until the man gets a 40 game running start from day fucking one. He joined this team last year and struggled initially but right when he started to look pretty good Porter blows up his knee. I know his game has warts and i would like to see a meaner prick than he on the top two lines, but a meaner prick who can put up 25 goals will cost more than 4.2 million per, unless he is a younger player cutting his teeth .

I don't think there is a Booth clique or a band of Gillis apologists as RD and his fist puppets claim, just a bunch of open mined people who don't criticize EVERY FUCKING MOVE that MG makes. It kills me that certain posters ball like a bitch about the Sturm signing ,still. He was fucking traded after 8 games with the team. Pull your heads out ffs.

I would also like to see Ballard get a fresh start and a real opportunity somewhere. He won't get that with Bones and AV . Waste of talent and cap space on the bottom pairing. Bring in an a-hole to play with Tanev.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:43 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I would also like to see Ballard get a fresh start and a real opportunity somewhere. He won't get that with Bones and AV . Waste of talent and cap space on the bottom pairing. Bring in an a-hole to play with Tanev.
+1 :thumbs:

I appreciate Ballard's attitude during his stint in Vancouver, and I don't doubt that he has the ability to match his salary but it just doesn't seem like a fit on this roster with its style of play and the coaching staff. It makes me wonder what Gillis was thinking when he pulled the trade to get him. Maybe he thought Ballard could learn to play the right side and the role they wanted him to play. Evidently, that didn't happen.

With the market for capable D being what it is these days, the time to trade Ballard may be now. There will be those who point to his playing minutes and stats of the past 2 seasons and try to low-ball Gillis considering Ballard's salary, but given the player names being thrown about I think there would be a decent market for Ballard right now.

Then again, he could be trade bait when the new CBA is signed (whenever that is) and teams have a full appreciation for where they sit between the cap and the floor, their budget and what they need. I have a suspicion that a lot of the trades we are waiting for will wait until then.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

Gino's Knuckle
CC Rookie

Post by Gino's Knuckle » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Jovocop wrote:Grabner was not a lock for the top nine two seasons ago. His weakness was his slow start. The Canucks had to waive Grabner before sending him down to the minors. He could have been picked up by other teams for free. In fact, the Panthers waived him and the Islanders picked him up. Don't get me wrong, I like Grabner but his value was not very high when he was traded.
Don't think I said he was a "lock"; my recollection is that i said he was "budding" and that he was a first round pick (14th if I am not mistaken). He showed great potential and some good chemistry with Kesler (which is something we don't seem to have an excess of). Just because the Panthers wasted an asset and put him on waivers does not mean Gillis would have done the same. Saying he would have been waived by the Canucks and picked up by another team for free is paramount to my saying he would have scored 33 goals that year on the Canucks - it's all speculation.

What I can say on a factual basis is that we lost a speedy, exciting player who was showing potential, for an overpaid d-man who AV won't play.

Gino's Knuckle
CC Rookie

Post by Gino's Knuckle » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I would also like to see Ballard get a fresh start and a real opportunity somewhere. He won't get that with Bones and AV . Waste of talent and cap space on the bottom pairing. Bring in an a-hole to play with Tanev.
+2

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Gino's Knuckle wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Grabner was not a lock for the top nine two seasons ago. His weakness was his slow start. The Canucks had to waive Grabner before sending him down to the minors. He could have been picked up by other teams for free. In fact, the Panthers waived him and the Islanders picked him up. Don't get me wrong, I like Grabner but his value was not very high when he was traded.
Don't think I said he was a "lock"; my recollection is that i said he was "budding" and that he was a first round pick (14th if I am not mistaken). He showed great potential and some good chemistry with Kesler (which is something we don't seem to have an excess of). Just because the Panthers wasted an asset and put him on waivers does not mean Gillis would have done the same. Saying he would have been waived by the Canucks and picked up by another team for free is paramount to my saying he would have scored 33 goals that year on the Canucks - it's all speculation.

What I can say on a factual basis is that we lost a speedy, exciting player who was showing potential, for an overpaid d-man who AV won't play.
This

What brilliant post...this is the kind of stuff that gives me great hope in this place and that in times of bleakness you can still find some intelligent life on the CC planet. Someone possessing individual thought and is not swayed by the clique mob mentallity here, an ability to have the balls to go against the grain and not worried about being accepted by the clique. Pre-requisite to being a CCC member (Canucks Corner Clique). Hate AV, Love Gillis, Hate Raymond, Love Booth, Hate Grabner, Love Malhotra, Hate Edler, Love Ballard, Hate Burke, Love Kassian, Hate Hodgson, Love Higgins, Hate Nonis. There ya go in a nutshell.

I am standing at my computer and applauding you Gino's Knuckle. Take a Bow.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:35 pm

RoyalDude wrote: :devil: Don't mess with a Catholic ...we will extend that cheesey little smile of yours with a flick of a knife. Go Glasgow Celtic and death to the Rangers. Wooohoooo!
So after 16 years of claiming to be ass Italian ass Mussolini... and ass much of a left-wing heathen

.... you expect this court to suddenly believe you're a half-scottish Catholic?? :shock:

For 16 years you were proud of who you are, now you're utterly ashamed!

No need to thank me.... 8-)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I would also like to see Ballard get a fresh start and a real opportunity somewhere. He won't get that with Bones and AV . Waste of talent and cap space on the bottom pairing. Bring in an a-hole to play with Tanev.
+ 3
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: :devil: Don't mess with a Catholic ...we will extend that cheesey little smile of yours with a flick of a knife. Go Glasgow Celtic and death to the Rangers. Wooohoooo!
So after 16 years of claiming to be ass Italian ass Mussolini... and ass much of a left-wing heathen

.... you expect this court to suddenly believe you're a half-scottish Catholic?? :shock:

For 16 years you were proud of who you are, now you're utterly ashamed!

No need to thank me.... 8-)
Shut up ya Protestant Limey Bastard

Im as proud of my Scottish half as I am my Italian half. You? I sure as hell wouldn't want to be cockney Prince the Peedofile Charles lovin homo like yourself stuck out in bible belt, Bacon Bros, Nickleback Abbotsford. :shock: :shock:

God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols...best song ever!