“The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: “The Most Hated Team in Hockey” Circle the wagons.

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Ummm there are many sources of hate for the Canucks it would seem, not the least of which would be "journalists" (lol who the hell is Greg Wyshynski ??) spreading bullshit stories like Lou lacking testicular fortitude. :hmmm:
Yeah, I mean, it's obvious he must have meant Salo... :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

"I don't think there's any team that has more points than we have over the past year and a half, so I find it hard to think we're overrated in any sense, but that's their opinions, not ours."

- Cory Schneider on 24 per cent of players in a Hockey Night In Canada poll voting the Canucks the NHL's most-overrated team.
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/provi ... z1myc2vxA3
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

wienerdog wrote:
"I don't think there's any team that has more points than we have over the past year and a half, so I find it hard to think we're overrated in any sense, but that's their opinions, not ours."

- Cory Schneider on 24 per cent of players in a Hockey Night In Canada poll voting the Canucks the NHL's most-overrated team.
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/provi ... z1myc2vxA3
Henrik said last week that they got the poll and the whole team put it in the garbage. That does explain some of the skewed results, but Cory says it well.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Ummm there are many sources of hate for the Canucks it would seem, not the least of which would be "journalists" (lol who the hell is Greg Wyshynski ??) spreading bullshit stories like Lou lacking testicular fortitude. :hmmm:
Yeah, I mean, it's obvious he must have meant Salo... :look:
I actually flinch every time someone reminds me of that. :eh:

Poor ole Onenut.....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

“No doubt buoyed by their timid Stanley Cup Final performance against Boston, the lack of testicular fortitude from their star starting goaltender and the usual Sedin jealousy/Burrows loathing that permeates these polls.”
The thing I find most interesting out of this is the "Sedin jealousy" bit. I can buy that argument a lot more than I can any scenario where the Sedins are actually disliked. I can see some guy like Bolland saying "Dammit, I'm a good Canadian kid... I should be way better than those Swedish twins... I hate that they have waaay more talent and class than me... this sucks... I'll only ever be paid like a defensive depth guy. Crap." I suppose the more you think about it, the more this whole story seems like jealousy.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The more you think about it, the more it seems like someone scraping the bottom of the barrel for a story.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

yawn............how many sleeps til playoffs?
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Embrace the hate.
jwmann2
AHL Prospect

Post by jwmann2 »

I don't know if the Canucks are the most hated but I know the fans are frequently voted among the worst in sports.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

So Kassian owns a guy, then owns a guy.

The hit was similar to the one Keith threw on Sedin. It wasn't clean. But it looks worse than it is because of the way Kassian spins off of the guy. The camera angle doesn't let me see if he jumped or if he left his feet as a result of the contact.

Don't care either way. I like that we have a guy on the team that isn't going to tuck tail and take a beating just because he deserves one. :P
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/ar ... pised-team

More regurgitation from last year...be interesting to see how the boys react...best just to shut the fuck up this year and let the W's speak for themselves....I'm sure AV will keep a tighter reign this year after learning last year that lips can sink ships....

Fuck the other teams, this isn't a ballerina beauty contest, I don't care if we are the most hated, as long a we win it.....anything it takes...including sacrificing a few CC virgins to the Hockey Gods™!!!!! 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Anyone else find it funny that in the wonderful piece of journalistic excellence had a Hawks fan talking about the canucks hiding behind officials? No Hawk, say like Duncan Keith, would ever do such a thing.

Top half in the league in fighting majors suggests otherwise as well.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

We're no longer the most hated. I think the Penguins are annoying the elites now. Pretty soon the plebian hordes will follow and we'll be the second-most hated team.

This worries me. Are we slipping?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Arachnid wrote:http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/ar ... pised-team

More regurgitation from last year...
Who the fuck is "Petti Fong"..
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Arachnid wrote:http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/ar ... pised-team

More regurgitation from last year...be interesting to see how the boys react...best just to shut the fuck up this year and let the W's speak for themselves....I'm sure AV will keep a tighter reign this year after learning last year that lips can sink ships....

Fuck the other teams, this isn't a ballerina beauty contest, I don't care if we are the most hated, as long a we win it.....anything it takes...including sacrificing a few CC virgins to the Hockey Gods™!!!!! 8-)

WE ARE THE MOST HATED FANS IN HOCKEY .....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

FUCK EM.....