OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Re: OOTS

Post by Fred »

Hey ask Albert's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX1azbckCh4

You have to give it to Albert's though he new who he was taking on and stood in there, really better than I expected, Jackman is one tough dude
cheers
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Jackman doesn't make the Flames tough and physical. He's one player. If for whatever reason the canucks manage to play the Flames first round (still not convinced the Flames will make the playoffs...they have done this the past 3 years around this time of year only to fade down the stretch. Hard to play "must win" hockey for 40 games), the canucks will be running into the least physical blueline they've played against in the last few seasons. Bouwmeester and Butler are not going to rough up the Sedin line down low or in front of the net. if they do they will not be playing to their strengths as players.

To me the second and third period of Saturdays night game would be indicative of a series between the two teams (canucks were dominating even if not clicking on all cylinders). The Flames would need to make some major improvements to be competitive in the series IMO.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The flames don't compare with the Canucks whatsoever and I don't think they would argue this, however, they do play a gritty, positionally sound game that's frustrating to play against. They wont win but they would hang in games and even steal the odd one here or there as we have now witnessed the past 2 meetings.
Jackman is one of 3 or 4 4th line tough guys in the NHL who can play regular minutes. I would absolutely love to pry him out of Calgary for our playoff run.
If you need air...call it in
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Fred wrote:Hey ask Albert's

You have to give it to Albert's though he new who he was taking on and stood in there, really better than I expected, Jackman is one tough dude
I know that it's hard for you to grasp Fred, but having a 4th liner that can fight, does little to make a team more physical.

The Flames who play the bulk of the game would be the least physical group in the playoffs (should they make it).
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Jackman is one of 3 or 4 4th line tough guys in the NHL who can play regular minutes. I would absolutely love to pry him out of Calgary for our playoff run.
Me too but I don't think Fattycakes will be moving him as long as the Flames are in the hunt for the 8th spot.

Paul Gaustad or Derek Dorsett may come cheaper than Travis Moen.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Potatoe1 wrote:

I know that it's hard for you to grasp Fred, but having a 4th liner that can fight, does little to make a team more physical.

The Flames who play the bulk of the game would be the least physical group in the playoffs (should they make it).

Not hard for me to grasp at all. You would like a tough guy 6'4"/230 that , skates like the wind and scores goals by the bushel & intimidates the other teams defense with a very hard heavy fore check and here's the catch you want him to be able to fit into a Cap that currently according to CapGeek of $780K.

Well here's the news flash that animal does exist. Some thing you don't seem to grasp. :D
cheers
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Fred wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:

Not hard for me to grasp at all. You would like a tough guy 6'4"/230 that , skates like the wind and scores goals by the bushel & intimidates the other teams defense with a very hard heavy fore check and here's the catch you want him to be able to fit into a Cap that currently according to CapGeek of $780K.

Well here's the news flash that animal does exist. Some thing you don't seem to grasp. :D

I like Jackman....

But again...... one tough 4th liner does not make a team physical.

Almost every team can throw out a physical 4th line, what makes the difference is physical players in prominent roles.

The Flames are a very soft team, with or with out Jackman.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I tell you what, Bitz aand Duco had the Phx defense looking tonight :D
cheers
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Fred wrote:I tell you what, Bitz aand Duco had the Phx defense looking tonight :D
Yeah, Bitz totally made Yandle look good on the game tying goal. :roll:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Fred wrote:I tell you what, Bitz aand Duco had the Phx defense looking tonight :D
Yeah, Bitz totally made Yandle look good on the game tying goal. :roll:
I don't know man, all six players on ice were bad. Bitz was the goat, no doubt about that. However, I am not sure whether Malhotra or Edler made a pass to the middle of the ice instead of chipping it out causing the tying goal. Salo was screening Luongo. Luongo did not react fast enough...
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Ekman Larsson looked great on the penalty he took.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Jovocop wrote: I don't know man, all six players on ice were bad. Bitz was the goat, no doubt about that. However, I am not sure whether Malhotra or Edler made a pass to the middle of the ice instead of chipping it out causing the tying goal. Salo was screening Luongo. Luongo did not react fast enough...
Bitz only looked like the goat. The goat was actually Edler who first of all went up the middle late in a tight game instead of making the safe play and second for giving Bitz a hard pass in his skates (or at least between his skates and stick). It wasn't an easy play to make for Bitz and even more difficult when you take into account his height and stick length. It was akin to a suicide pass in the neutral zone.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

The goat was definitely Edler on that play. Make the safe play up the boards god damnit! :mad:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Potatoe1 wrote: I like Jackman....

But again...... one tough 4th liner does not make a team physical.
The last few games have really showcased how tough the Canucks are. They're knocking players out long-term with hard, clean checks.

Of course the Canucks were the most physical team in the playoffs until injuries piled up...
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

tantalum wrote:
Jovocop wrote: I don't know man, all six players on ice were bad. Bitz was the goat, no doubt about that. However, I am not sure whether Malhotra or Edler made a pass to the middle of the ice instead of chipping it out causing the tying goal. Salo was screening Luongo. Luongo did not react fast enough...
Bitz only looked like the goat. The goat was actually Edler who first of all went up the middle late in a tight game instead of making the safe play and second for giving Bitz a hard pass in his skates (or at least between his skates and stick). It wasn't an easy play to make for Bitz and even more difficult when you take into account his height and stick length. It was akin to a suicide pass in the neutral zone.
You got that right, lucky for Bitz it was Yandle and not Boychuck...he still be wondering where he was...real suii from Edler. As it was it just ended up as a goal
cheers