OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS

Post by tantalum »

Holy crap is the Flyers goaltending terrible. Have fun trying to unload that contract.

I also can't wait to see what Burke does with his goaltending. The Ducks are soooo lucky they already had a goaltender before he arrived. He made a big speech at the start of HNIC that he wasn't going to sacrifice the depth he's built to solve the goaltending.
Last edited by tantalum on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

tantalum wrote: Holy crap is the Flyers goaltending terrible.
Now where have I heard that before?? ;)

Well the Leaves and Wings came back a bit but the right teams won in the end.

Soooo Leaves are now deadline-day-sellers? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Burke won;t be a seller. I think he'll go all in at the deadline if he can. His ego can't afford 3 early tee times in a row.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Another three point night by Karlsson.
That's 15 points in six games, and he is now eighth in league scoring with 63 points, same as Daniel...

Has no one explained to him that he's on the defense? :eh:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Stop me if you've heard this before...

FLames get themselves into a playoff spot and then:

-get killed by the Oilers
-get completely outplayed and give up a 2 goal lead against the Coyotes and lose
-get completely dominated AND give up an undeserved 3 goal lead against the Flyers
-the leaders for the flames are nowhere to be found in any of the games.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

tantalum wrote:Stop me if you've heard this before...

-get completely outplayed and give up a 2 goal lead against the Coyotes and lose
-get completely dominated AND give up an undeserved 3 goal lead against the Flyers
Feels like a broken record doesn't it?

Thing is I'm rooting hard for the Flames. Not because I'm a fan but because I'd really like to see them squeak into the playoffs for a first round matchup against your Vancouver Canucks. I know you shouldn't wish for any opponents because it's a bad omen or whatever but they would be an ideal first round opponent. The way I see it the Kings, Coyotes, and god forbid Chicago again would be much harder first round opponents. Those three teams are much better than anything the Flames, Stars, Wild, or Avalanche have to offer. I would love to see one of the last four make a run to give the Canucks a break if at all possible. While arguably the best first round series of all time, last year's epic bout with Chicago took a lot out of the team.
old calamari
CC Veteran

Post by old calamari »

they starting to melt over at that red place, they dont want the nucks to beat dallas but want dallas to lose to the nucks. how fucked up is that logic. kipper looks like a dead man in net. lots of people in vancouver want schenn but can this guy actually skate with the canucks he looks slowar than alberts/rome. but saying that he might flourish in a good system and a team that will let him develope properly. he is a big body tho. how can anybody play for wilson guy is a fukin sham.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Per wrote:Another three point night by Karlsson.
That's 15 points in six games, and he is now eighth in league scoring with 63 points, same as Daniel...

Karlsson is a beast. Living in Europe, I've lost touch with some of these new young players <-- though I guess that's not an excuse, is it Per?

I haven't had the chance to watch him play but his numbers are astounding. I mean to be leading defensemen scoring by 20 points? That's unreal. Where did this guy come from? Good on the Sens for having a rebound year. I'm really hoping they can hang on to make the playoffs. They deserve to be there and that Anderson freak injury is really unlucky. Aside from the 7 game losing streak, they have played like they want to be there far more than the bottom feeders scrambling for the 8th spot.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The funny thing is I'm reading some comments at you know where and some of them actually still believe, and I paraphrase, "they have the same amount of talent as the Rangers". Or insert some other team that is doing well instead of the Rangers.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

tantalum wrote:The funny thing is I'm reading some comments at you know where and some of them actually still believe, and I paraphrase, "they have the same amount of talent as the Rangers". Or insert some other team that is doing well instead of the Rangers.
That's unbelievable. For as much as the Oilers' model has come under attack on this message board of late, I'd rather be in their position than the Flames if I had to choose between the two. That team is going nowhere and their best players are all regressing. There's no hope but to embrace a rebuild. What's the point in pursuing sustained mediocrity at best?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

At least when we were bad..for the most part we knew it. They actually think we live In fear of them making 8th spot and a repeat of 2004..omg Wtf
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

old calamari wrote:they starting to melt over at that red place, they dont want the nucks to beat dallas but want dallas to lose to the nucks. how fucked up is that logic. kipper looks like a dead man in net. lots of people in vancouver want schenn but can this guy actually skate with the canucks he looks slowar than alberts/rome. but saying that he might flourish in a good system and a team that will let him develop properly. he is a big body tho. how can anybody play for wilson guy is a fukin sham.

I watched some of the leaves game last night...I rarely watch HNIC now..but thought lets see how Schenn is doing...not good...completely devoid of confidence IMO slow to react the hockey sense is just not flowing. He seemed to straggle all night. As much as I have liked Ron Wilson in the past i think his best days have past, seem to be sucking the life out his team. Now they have signed him to a golden handshake ooops a 1 year deal I think he'll be planning his retirement this summer. When Schenn was stripped of the puck from behind you just had to shake your head ... :cry:

Maybe a new team will help Sc henn but it's a definite gamble IMO
cheers
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

tantalum wrote:Stop me if you've heard this before...

This is why you should be cheering them on and hope they luck their way into the playoffs.

Canucks would absolutely bitch slap that team and a dead ass easy first round series would set us up for another run.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I'm going for Dallas, but yeah I know what you mean.

The team I'm most scared of is the Ducks. If they somehow manage to get that spot they won't be an easy team to beat.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Two helpers from Karlsson in Ottawa's win against the Islanders last night. That's six multipoint games in his last seven, and in those seven games he has scored 17 points; six goals and eleven assists... He is now at 65 points, which also means he has set a new single season D-man points record for the franchise. Out of freaking nowhere. :o
rockalt wrote:
Per wrote:Another three point night by Karlsson.

Karlsson is a beast. Living in Europe, I've lost touch with some of these new young players <-- though I guess that's not an excuse, is it Per?

I haven't had the chance to watch him play but his numbers are astounding. I mean to be leading defensemen scoring by 20 points? That's unreal. Where did this guy come from? Good on the Sens for having a rebound year. I'm really hoping they can hang on to make the playoffs. They deserve to be there and that Anderson freak injury is really unlucky. Aside from the 7 game losing streak, they have played like they want to be there far more than the bottom feeders scrambling for the 8th spot.
They continue to win. Lehner did good. He's actually undefeated in the NHL this season... ( 2-0-0 :wink: )

As for Europe... I think hockey coverage may be slightly better in Sweden than in Portugal, but there's always the interwebs. 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.