OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS

Post by Meds »

Speaking of Boychuk.....

Ok, fine, speaking of the Bruins.....

They have been shutout in 3 of their last 6 games, they are below .500 (8-7) since January 7th, they have given up 4 or more goals in 5 of those games, and are being exposed when kept honest by officials.

Really enjoying it to be honest.

Toronto also losing 4 in a row for the first time this year (with a 5-1 loss to Calgary) now sit in the final playoff spot a mere single point ahead of Washington (who have a game in hand). Here's hoping the Leaf's manage to bat a perfect zero in Western Canada.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Mëds wrote:Speaking of Boychuk.....

They have been shutout in 3 of their last 6 games, they are below .500 (8-7) since January 7th, they have given up 4 or more goals in 5 of those games, and are being exposed when kept honest by officials.
It might be just coincidental, but i love how it at least appears like the Bruins have been struggling since Thomas has decided to make a statement or two, then choosing not to make a statement about it afterward. As we know, it only needs to look like causation for the media to jump on it. Then, even if it never was a distraction, the media with make it one for them and that will be the focus of discussion from here on in. One more should guarantee it.

C'mon Tim, speak your mind! It's your right to do so and if you shut up now due to pressure from above, you are simply a hypocrite. You ain't no hypocrite, are ya Tim?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Rayxor wrote: C'mon Tim, speak your mind! It's your right to do so and if you shut up now due to pressure from above, you are simply a hypocrite. You ain't no hypocrite, are ya Tim?
Hahahahahahahaha
If you need air...call it in
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Rayxor wrote:
Mëds wrote:Speaking of Boychuk.....

It might be just coincidental, but i love how it at least appears like the Bruins have been struggling since Thomas has decided to make a statement or two, then choosing not to make a statement about it afterward. As we know, it only needs to look like causation for the media to jump on it. Then, even if it never was a distraction, the media with make it one for them and that will be the focus of discussion from here on in. One more should guarantee it.

C'mon Tim, speak your mind! It's your right to do so and if you shut up now due to pressure from above, you are simply a hypocrite. You ain't no hypocrite, are ya Tim?
Boston is actually 8-8-0 since the Jan 7th Vancouver game. Of those 16 games, only 5 were ROWs.

I'd like to think Vancouver broke Boston's confidence a bit and gave the rest of the league confidence that bruins weren't the force Calgary was making them out to be.

That, plus the Bruins remarkable and unprecedented shooting and save percentages up to January were unsustainable.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Larry Goodenough wrote: Boston is actually 8-8-0 since the Jan 7th Vancouver game. Of those 16 games, only 5 were ROWs.

I'd like to think Vancouver broke Boston's confidence a bit and gave the rest of the league confidence that bruins weren't the force Calgary was making them out to be.

That, plus the Bruins remarkable and unprecedented shooting and save percentages up to January were unsustainable.
I do like that Larry. But the Canucks have only 2 Regulation wins (2 in OT also) since the Boston game. 2 (4 R/OT) out of 10 wins.

That's a lot of games that could've (and a few that certainly should've) gone the other way. So while we can laugh at the Bruins shitty streak, let's keep in mind it could be the Canucks' streak too.

The positive thing is that the Canucks appear to be snapping out of it the past couple games. That they can take away points from such pathetic efforts is certainly a testament to their talent. Doesn't bode well for the "heart" factor come playoff time...
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Speaking of Boston...

Is RatFace going to get suspended again?

Marchand Dirty Hit??
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Hank wrote:Speaking of Boston...

Is RatFace going to get suspended again?

Marchand Dirty Hit??
I really just wish someone would grab him and beat the fuck out of him. Or slash him across the face. I could honestly care less if that guy gets his eye sockets broken requiring eye-sight saving invasive surgery. Nobody deserves to be Steve Moore'd, but this guy's close...
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

How's Julien going to spin this? He says more players should protect themselves from being run... but how do you protect your knees from a charging, predatory rat?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

There are rats :twisted: .......and then there are rats 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

He also bad mouther the Hab fans for cheering when Chara took a puck to the throat. Called them classless and gutless for cheering a play like that. Well, why didn't he call out the Bruin fans who cheered and jeered when Raymond broke his back or chanted faker faker faker as he was being helped off the ice. How come that wasn't gutless and classless? Just asking.

He also seems to forget what Chara did in Montreal last season. Then another low bridge. Talked about gutless and classless. I hope they suspend him 10 games as a repeat offender for the same offence.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote: He also seems to forget what Chara did in Montreal last season. Then another low bridge. Talked about gutless and classless. I hope they suspend him 10 games as a repeat offender for the same offence.
Personally, I love it. The guy is going to have to re-invent himself a-la Matt Cooke to save his career. He's the dirtiest player in hockey these days, and the league is on to him. At such a young age, I hope it wrecks his whole career.

Brad Marchand is a joke. The Montreal fans calling out Chara was over the line, but BM pulled TWO low-bridge moments in one game. I hope someone sets him straight. Even his own team-mates must have a hard time defending that clown.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The way to get his attention is to suspend him for the remainder of the season and playoffs. Take him out and make him think for a long, long time about the consequences of his actions. It worked for Bertuzzi after the Steve Moore episode.
If something isn't done soon about him I can see something happening to him like Claude Lemieux on Chris Draper.
If you need air...call it in
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Hockey Widow wrote:He also bad mouther the Hab fans for cheering when Chara took a puck to the throat. Called them classless and gutless for cheering a play like that. Well, why didn't he call out the Bruin fans who cheered and jeered when Raymond broke his back or chanted faker faker faker as he was being helped off the ice. How come that wasn't gutless and classless? Just asking.
Brad Marchand: putting the ASS back in Class
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Marchand calling the hab fans classless is laughable. HE should be suspended again for his clip. What doesn't he understand about his dangerous play out there?

Ah what the hell suspend the "nose with skates" for the rest of the season simply because the timing of the hit last night(last second of the period) was typical of his non-respect for other players.

If he doesn't get suspended this time it will set another precident giving him the green light to eventually end someones career. Throw the book at him Shanny.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Just read on the Boston board that there isnt even going to be a hearing.
WTF Shanny.

Oh well maybe a player retribution is going to knock some sense into that piece of crap. I dont know who's going to do it to him, but rest assured hes going to get his.