OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Re: OOTS

Post by Fred »

Remember his centre was taken that year right after Eric Lindros....Pat Falloon. Every one believed it was Falloon that was the Master mind behind a very strong Spokane team....wrong it was Whitney ...Vcr took Alex Stojanov :D

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/draftstats. ... All&supl=N
cheers
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Fred wrote:Remember his centre was taken that year right after Eric Lindros....Pat Falloon. Every one believed it was Falloon that was the Master mind behind a very strong Spokane team....wrong it was Whitney ...Vcr took Alex Stojanov :D

Stojanov pick worked out ok.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

tantalum wrote:Ray Whitney scores his 1000th career point tonight in his 1226th game. Congrats to him.

Drafted in 1991 in the second round #23 overall. He struggled to find his way in the NHL and the Sharks gave up on him after the 96-97 season. Oilers give up on him 9 games into the 97-98 season and waive him. THe Panthers picked him up off waivers and he never looked back.
Congrats to me on my 1000th post.

Go Bruins.

Edit: For anyone who cares, Bruins/Rangers is on TSN2.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

dhabums wrote:
Go Bruins.
:shock:

Seriously, have you been drinking?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Per wrote:
dhabums wrote:
Go Bruins.

If the Bruins defeat the Rangers, it gives us a better chance to win the Presidents' Trophy.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Per wrote:
dhabums wrote:
Go Bruins.

You see Canuck fans can actually cheer for whatever is in the best interest of their team, unlike some other fans that choke on the thought.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Rangers lose in regulation burning their game in hand. They still get 1st place as they own the tie breakers but good news nonetheless. They have the harder of the remaining three games, as do the Blues. Destiny is ALMOST in our own hands.

I admit it, back to back President Trophies would be nice.
The only HW the Canucks need
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:Rangers lose in regulation burning their game in hand. They still get 1st place as they own the tie breakers but good news nonetheless. They have the harder of the remaining three games, as do the Blues. Destiny is ALMOST in our own hands.

It is certainly not the holy grail, but I would love another Presidents' Trophy. This is far and away the best era of Canucks' hockey, and I'd love all the awards, banners and trophies we can get!
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

It'll be really hard to make the SCF again this year,but if we do home ice advantage is going to be huge
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

herb wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Rangers lose in regulation burning their game in hand. They still get 1st place as they own the tie breakers but good news nonetheless. They have the harder of the remaining three games, as do the Blues. Destiny is ALMOST in our own hands.

It is certainly not the holy grail, but I would love another Presidents' Trophy. This is far and away the best era of Canucks' hockey, and I'd love all the awards, banners and trophies we can get!
And specially nice to take it away from the Rags.. ( been hating them since 94 ) :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fred wrote:Remember his centre was taken that year right after Eric Lindros....Pat Falloon. Every one believed it was Falloon that was the Master mind behind a very strong Spokane team....wrong it was Whitney ...Vcr took Alex Stojanov :D

I remember that draft as i was kinda into that shit back in the day seeing as the Canucks hosted the draft the year earlier and Fat Quinn broke my heart and lost me 50$ to a buddy because I told him for sure Vancouver was taking Keith Primeau.

Back to your point Fred, i have always been a Whitney fan but he was not rated in the 1st round at all. Fat Balloon could have been an excellent player but he was as lazy as he was talented. His idea of conditining was rollerblading in his cutoffs with a beer in one hand and a smoke in the other. Not sure what you are saying here..... did you at the time peg Whiteny as a surefire star ?

Alek Stojanov could have perhaps been a decent third line poor man power forward but injuries messaded him up big time, but all in all he was a weak pick .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

CoHo -2 & 1 A with 5 min to go in a must win against the Laughs...now they start to win?! Stupid stupid team...

Sulzer has 2 goals though...we gave him up for a bag of pucks? BD should be outraged!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Holy crap Batmite!, The Sabres win! The Sabres win! Cody is going to the show!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Thanks for nothing Philly.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

So what the heck is up with the Mike Milbury meltdown vs the Pens.

Seemed like he was trying to stuff both feet in his mouth at once.