OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS

Post by rockalt »

Per wrote: As for Europe... I think hockey coverage may be slightly better in Sweden than in Portugal, but there's always the interwebs. 8-)
And NHL Centre Ice thank god! Although to my surprise they occasionally broadcast CBC Hockey Night in Canada on TV in Portugal! Then again my sister subscribes to a premium package so I guess you can get anything these days.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

A couple of monstrous hits on the "Big Bad Bruins" delivered by the Sens:

Our pal Johnny Boychuk is destroyed by Chris Neil in a clean open-ice, head-down hit.

Then, Kyle Turris of all people takes a 2 minute penalty for hitting Joe Corvo. The Boston announcers are absolutely hilarious on this one, they clearly don't see the hit when it happens but immediately start saying "Shanahan's going to be busy, Turris is sitting for a long while, totally blindsided" when its clear Turris got him from the front as Corvo turned, no suspension, and a 2 minute minor.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

ESQ wrote:A couple of monstrous hits on the "Big Bad Bruins" delivered by the Sens:

Our pal Johnny Boychuk is destroyed by Chris Neil in a clean open-ice, head-down hit.

Then, Kyle Turris of all people takes a 2 minute penalty for hitting Joe Corvo. The Boston announcers are absolutely hilarious on this one, they clearly don't see the hit when it happens but immediately start saying "Shanahan's going to be busy, Turris is sitting for a long while, totally blindsided" when its clear Turris got him from the front as Corvo turned, no suspension, and a 2 minute minor.
All I can say is "what goes around, comes around" :twisted: None better than the Big Bad Johnny Boychuk was destroyed.
Last edited by Jovocop on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Jovocop wrote:
ESQ wrote:A couple of monstrous hits on the "Big Bad Bruins" delivered by the Sens:

All I can say is "what goes around, comes around" :twisted:
heh heh, live by it, die by it...man, do i ever want to meet them in the final again...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Arachnid wrote:
Jovocop wrote:

All I can say is "what goes around, comes around" :twisted:
Next on the list, Mr. Lucic and Mr. Chara. Neil is a real tough SOB. Too bad, he is too short to break Chara's nose...

heh heh, live by it, die by it...man, do i ever want to meet them in the final again...
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

THe FLames have responded to Feaster's trust on deadline day by laying another home ice egg the first 30 minutes against the Blues tonight.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Here is a question for the Canucks fans here: With the way our cap hits work, will Ballard be on LTIR for the rest of the season? According to capgeek we are actually over the limit (subject to whatever moves MG & AV have planned)

Also, I am 100% admitting this is pure speculation but with our new defense aquisition, is this the beginnings of an eventual move for Ballard. I personally like him but he hasn't lived up to the top 4 billing he was supposed to and is expensive as a 5-6 pairing, injury prone and unfortunately has had some special Ed moments. In theory, Tanev will be ready next year, Rome, Alberts, Ballard and Gragnani are all in that 5-8 slot. In my mind Gragnani (based on billing) seems to be a young/developing version of Ballard (without the cap hit).

All this said, Ballard has played pretty well the last month prior to getting injured...
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

B's get shut out by Robin Lehner (who?) and the Sens.

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

mathonwy wrote:B's get shut out by Robin Lehner (who?) and the Sens.

Guess who scored the only goal of the game...

Yup. Karlsson! :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Hawks losing 3-2 to the leaves tonight after the first period. I call it the battle of shitty goaltending.

Dallas and Pitt tied at 1 after 1.

Hodgson makes his Sabres debut against the Ducks. I'm sick of the Ducks winning quite frankly.

Blues play the Oilers. Skate the hell out of the Oilers! An Oiler win would be good as well.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Leaf's have blown the lead to be down 4-3 in the 3rd.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Mëds wrote:Leaf's blow
Fixed it for you there Medic.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Mëds wrote:Leaf's blow
Fixed it for you there Medic.
Thanks BoS.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Duby yoinked already... didn't make it to the half-way point.

I wonder where the Oil would be today had Lowe chosen Cory instead of Dubnyk 14th overall.

Ooops. :P
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

BladesofSteel wrote:Duby yoinked already... didn't make it to the half-way point.

I wonder where the Oil would be today had Lowe chosen Cory instead of Dubnyk 14th overall.

Ooops. :P
Same place they are right now.

The Coiler defense suck and will continue to suck until they start trading their skilled forwards for some defensive prospects.