11/12 Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Carl Yagro »

Rumsfeld wrote:Wow, Pinizzotto... we hardly knew ya. That means Volpatti has a long-term place to flail.

I take it Bitz hasn't been recovering as hoped either. Our fourth line depth is looking more shallow by the day.
No kidding. Volpatti trying to get the puck out of his own zone is like trying to get the last bit of ketchup out of the bottle.

C'mon... it'll happen... eventually.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Was Luongo's injury related to the puck in the mask? He looked dazed after that and Cory started to warm up so I am wondering if it is a concussion like thing, you know, is he a head case or what??

If he does have some nagging thing wrong I for one am glad we did not trade Cory.

Speaking of Raymond :lol: :lol: any further reports as to when he is ready to play? I assume he will get some time in Chicago before being reactivated.

As for Malhotra, he needs to play himself back into game shape. His F/O are still top notch and the only way he will get back into game shape is by playing so I doubt you want him sitting. Keeping him on the 4th line is best for now but once he gets back into top shape he will move back to the 3rd line.
The only HW the Canucks need

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

So arguably 3 of the Gillis' most publicized forward acquisitions this past summer: Sturm, Pinniz, and Bitz are: Gone, gone for the season and gone indefinitely (awol?)

Its all up to you now, Sulz :P

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

We need some Gibbles and Bitz©.

Hopefully Gibbles' back isn't permafucked.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Fred wrote:Coach V - Luongo is day-to-day with upper body injury.

Coach V confirms Pinizzotto is out for the season after shoulder surgery. Ebbett is indefinite.
Word is that Lu's "upper body injury" is PTSD from round 2 of 2009, 2010, and games 4 and 5 from 2011 round 1.
Hono_rary Canadian

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

UWSaint wrote: Word is that Lu's "upper body injury" is PTSD from round 2 of 2009, 2010, and games 4 and 5 from 2011 round 1.
That's exactly what I'm hoping that puck knocked right out of Lou's noggin!

Who needs a psychiatrist, nice blow to the head might right that ship.

dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Hah - Lou is definitely a player who could benefit from a bit of amnesia.

Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Eddie Lack recalled which means Luongo will not be the backup tonight at the least.

LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Good thing for the Canucks have a few days off before they meet up with the Sens on Sunday.

Story of the two Corey's tonight. Go Schneids!
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Too bad for Pinizotto. Just when it looks like somone was going to give him a serious chance, he gets injured. He looked pretty good too and I was curious to see how'd he do. Poor guy. :(

Anyone know when is Sid the Kid coming back? I have him in my pool.

Fred wrote: Coach V confirms Pinizzotto is out for the season after shoulder surgery. Ebbett is indefinite.

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Hockey Widow wrote: Speaking of Raymond :lol: :lol: any further reports as to when he is ready to play? I assume he will get some time in Chicago before being reactivated.
Well he returned to practice but I'm guessing that is just for him to start getting his body doing hockey stuff again. Gillis said they would not put a timeline on him yet. My guess is that he will need a good few or more weeks doing those things in practice before they then decide where he may be at. ANd then it will be another few weeks. Bloggers and what not were saying 2 weeks when he returned to practice. That just isn't realistic given the injury. He has to really build that strength up in his back.

I would be surprised if we saw him back before the new year.

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

This seasons equivalent to Salo. There's no room on the Cap for him. I believe he's on long term injury
cheers

dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Fred I haven't seen any indication that the Canucks have used Raymond's Long Term Injury Reserve to exceed the cap - checking now, I can see that publications like Rotoworld and USA Today which track NHL injuries have indicated that other players have been placed on LTIR without indicating it for Raymond.

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I'm always kind of hesitant to say if a player is on the LTI or not because I'm never sure. But TSN has this
Mason Raymond 2011-09-19 on injured reserve and is out indefinitely fractured vertebrae
They also say Ballard is out for Sunday but Kesler will play...I didn't know he was injured

Update: Via the Canucks twitter feed: Mason Raymond has been cleared for contact, Luongo is day to day, no timetable for Ballard's return (back) and Kesler (shoulder) should be ready to play on Sunday.
cheers

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

According to CapGeek Bitz and Ebbet are both on LTIR, Raymond is not and is listed on our cap. Activating him soon (assuming he takes contact well) would not affect our current cap. Chances are we'll see Ebbet demoted when he's healthy (thus clearing him) and likely the same if Bitz ever gets healthy.