11/12 Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by dhabums » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:55 pm

tantalum wrote:Wasn't very nice of Salo to share his bad voodoo with Higgins.
Higgins had the same thing last year though in FLA. Maybe it's Booth?

User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by tantalum » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:48 am

some sort of biblical plague?

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8397
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Cornuck » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:30 pm

From Facebook:
News from Coach V:

Booth will have a CT scan over the next few days. If results are good, he will join the Canucks on the road. Team will have a better update tomorrow in regards to Rome making the next road trip.

Bitz is cleared to play and has been placed on waivers. He is expected to play with Chicago Wolves soon.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15345
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Hockey Widow » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Cornuck wrote:From Facebook:
News from Coach V:

Booth will have a CT scan over the next few days. If results are good, he will join the Canucks on the road. Team will have a better update tomorrow in regards to Rome making the next road trip.

Bitz is cleared to play and has been placed on waivers. He is expected to play with Chicago Wolves soon.

Heard Booth is still 10-14 days away from playing any games though. He is ahead of schedule so you never know but at least if he is travelling with the team that is good news.
The only HW the Canucks need

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by BladesofSteel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 pm

I don't expect any team would pluck Bitz off waivers on the way down. But let's for the sake of argument say he has a strong showing with the Wolves and Vancouver endures further injury troubles up front, does Gillis risk promoting him and losing him to re-entry? We're not talking about a game-breaker of course, but we certainly don't need to be paying half his salary for another club, regardless of the cap hit.

CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by CFP! » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:I don't expect any team would pluck Bitz off waivers on the way down. But let's for the sake of argument say he has a strong showing with the Wolves and Vancouver endures further injury troubles up front, does Gillis risk promoting him and losing him to re-entry? We're not talking about a game-breaker of course, but we certainly don't need to be paying half his salary for another club, regardless of the cap hit.
Isn't this the same "supposed" reason Parent never made it up ahead of Sulzer?

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by BladesofSteel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:31 pm

CFP! wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:I don't expect any team would pluck Bitz off waivers on the way down. But let's for the sake of argument say he has a strong showing with the Wolves and Vancouver endures further injury troubles up front, does Gillis risk promoting him and losing him to re-entry? We're not talking about a game-breaker of course, but we certainly don't need to be paying half his salary for another club, regardless of the cap hit.
Isn't this the same "supposed" reason Parent never made it up ahead of Sulzer?
Parent is a bona fide bust. He can't even make the Wolves team.

CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by CFP! » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:
CFP! wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:I don't expect any team would pluck Bitz off waivers on the way down. But let's for the sake of argument say he has a strong showing with the Wolves and Vancouver endures further injury troubles up front, does Gillis risk promoting him and losing him to re-entry? We're not talking about a game-breaker of course, but we certainly don't need to be paying half his salary for another club, regardless of the cap hit.
Isn't this the same "supposed" reason Parent never made it up ahead of Sulzer?
Parent is a bona fide bust. He can't even make the Wolves team.
Sure, I agree. Was referring to the D injuries last and this year and never got a call up (much of one) but was loaned to the Spengler cup team for whatever reason.

Its great to get exp elsewhere, but when your a fringe NHL'er with an NHL contract and you get loaned to the Spengler cup team you must know there is something up other than "experience"

Shit, I hope this three year hurt that is the WJ'ers is over soon.

User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by dhabums » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:05 am

CFP! wrote:
Shit, I hope this three year hurt that is the WJ'ers is over soon.
Maybe if our juniors didn't keep making the NHL...

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 844
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Benjo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:30 am

This years WJ team seems to share the same philosophy as the Bruins but without the talent.

Fred
CC Legend
Posts: 3434
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Fred » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:47 am

Bitz has been waived down to the Wolves and will need to be waived to bring back up. He's been practising with them I believe for the last 3 weeks
cheers

User avatar
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:18 am

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Corb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:25 pm

Fred wrote:Bitz has been waived down to the Wolves and will need to be waived to bring back up. He's been practising with them I believe for the last 3 weeks
I don't think he needs to clear waivers again to be called up.

Fred
CC Legend
Posts: 3434
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Fred » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Corb wrote:
Fred wrote:Bitz has been waived down to the Wolves and will need to be waived to bring back up. He's been practising with them I believe for the last 3 weeks
I don't think he needs to clear waivers again to be called up.
I was wondering about that but I assumed if he had to be waived to go down he would need to be waived to come back up. Is there an excepition he falls under ?
cheers

wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by wienerdog » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Fred wrote:
Corb wrote:
Fred wrote:Bitz has been waived down to the Wolves and will need to be waived to bring back up. He's been practising with them I believe for the last 3 weeks
I don't think he needs to clear waivers again to be called up.
I was wondering about that but I assumed if he had to be waived to go down he would need to be waived to come back up. Is there an excepition he falls under ?
Bitz makes $105K in AHL salary, which is the break-point for not having to clear re-rentry waivers. If he made $1K per season more, he'd have to clear.

That threshold has nothing to do with going down to the minors, btw. He still had to clear waivers, but he'll be exempt from re-entry.

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1546
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by BladesofSteel » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks for clearing that up wiener, i was wondering that myself.

So I guess its safe to say this is merely a conditioning stint for Bitz. Having said that, if he can't remain healthy, or should fail to get his game to the level the Canuck brass expected of him back in the summer, he could very well spend the remainder of the year down there.

22 months is a long time to be out of hockey.

Post Reply