11/12 Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16062
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Hockey Widow »

Higgins is one player I don't want to be without.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Jovocop wrote:Higgins out with foot infection, Hansen to second line with Kesler and Booth, and Oreskovich called up. I would assume Mancari would be ahead of Oreskovich :?:
I'm with you on that one. Put him right on the second line and you don't have to mess with the other lines. He's the highest scoring Canuck forward prospect (by a fair margin too) on the Wolves. He's got speed, size and hands but plays too soft for the fourth line. It doesn't sound like Higgin's is going to be out terribly long; I would have given Mancari a top six audition.
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3779
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Jovocop »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Higgins out with foot infection, Hansen to second line with Kesler and Booth, and Oreskovich called up. I would assume Mancari would be ahead of Oreskovich :?:
I'm with you on that one. Put him right on the second line and you don't have to mess with the other lines. He's the highest scoring Canuck forward prospect (by a fair margin too) on the Wolves. He's got speed, size and hands but plays too soft for the fourth line. It doesn't sound like Higgin's is going to be out terribly long; I would have given Mancari a top six audition.
Apparently, Higgins had a similar problem when he was with the Panthers. During that time, he was out six games. Hopefully, he does not need six games to recover this time...
dbr
CC Legend
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by dbr »

I believe Mancari is subject to recall waivers, so we probably won't be seeing him.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3779
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Jovocop »

dbr wrote:I believe Mancari is subject to recall waivers, so we probably won't be seeing him.
That might explain it...
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12186
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Higgins with a "Staff Infection"?????
WTF?
Am I understanding this correctly?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2930
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Aaronp18 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Higgins with a "Staff Infection"?????
WTF?
Am I understanding this correctly?
Staph Infection, yes.

Though the Canucks won't confirm that's what he has, the figure they may have caught it early enough and the anti-bacterial medicine is working well to get rid of the infection. At least that's what I heard on the radio on the way home.

As of right now it's an infection, but not a staph infection.

It's actually more common than you think in hockey players due to the amount of sweating and equipment they wear. All they need is a slight cut or abrasion and it can get infected because of all the bacteria growing in hockey gear.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

OK guys, Booth now not being able to pray while down on both knees jokes are strictly forbidden.

Stay classy.
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by dhabums »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Higgins with a "Staff Infection"?????
WTF?
Am I understanding this correctly?
The exact same thing he had last year on the exact same day. Maybe it's a virus?
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12186
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Ok I thought it was flesh eating disease. I get it now.

At least it's not an infected staff....
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4943
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Carl Yagro »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:OK guys, Booth now not being able to pray while down on both knees jokes are strictly forbidden.

Stay classy.
Fortunately for Adonis Booth, "Tebow Time" is all the rage :D
User avatar
herb
CC Legend
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by herb »

Nope. Nothing on Twitter either. The only action today has been Ryan Kesler: "The American express line just got decline! (sic) Get well soon boys we miss you out there. @D_Booth7 #missingmyamericans"

Fingers crossed that it's not serious.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8362
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Island Nucklehead »

MCL Sprain.

4-6 Weeks.
User avatar
darren
CC Veteran
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:45 am

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by darren »

Island Nucklehead wrote:MCL Sprain.

4-6 Weeks.
The Nucklehead speaks the truth:

https://twitter.com/#!/VanCanucks/statu ... 5734629376

Better than 4-6 months!
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by CFP! »

darren wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:MCL Sprain.

4-6 Weeks.
The Nucklehead speaks the truth:

https://twitter.com/#!/VanCanucks/statu ... 5734629376

Better than 4-6 months!
Referring to ACL surgery? :hmmm:
Post Reply